DiRTy Gossip

Little bit more rallycross news this morning. Ken Block released Gymkhana 8...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hf6ke1-i3E

...and, at the end of the video, the new Focus RS RX is revealed:

Although this news isn't that surprising (marketing the Focus RS does tie in perfectly with the World Rallycross initiative) I am actually a little disappointed as I love the look of the M-Sport Fiesta's. Still, a different shape on the grid for 2016 is probably a good thing. 

tbtstt said:
...and, at the end of the video, the new Focus RS RX is revealed:

Although this news isn't that surprising (marketing the Focus RS does tie in perfectly with the World Rallycross initiative) I am actually a little disappointed as I love the look of the M-Sport Fiesta's. Still, a different shape on the grid for 2016 is probably a good thing. 
Now that is the news I've been waiting for :D 

It doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the Fiesta! Hope it's competitive, but I'm sure it will be
Fully agree! The M-Sport Fiesta RX is my fave looking modern Supercar, I don't think this is anywhere near as nice. 

With M-Sport behind the car though, I'd expect it to be competitive! 

It doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the Fiesta! Hope it's competitive, but I'm sure it will be
I find it looks a lot better. That front is just mean :D The rims on it are fugly though. OZ Superturismo would fit a lot better IMO.

Areyouben said:
Makes me wonder, do the 2017 WRC regulations allow cars from the Focus segment again? And what models are VW and Citroen going to use?
VW is going for the polo again, and I believe Citroen is developing a C3

Areyouben said:
Makes me wonder, do the 2017 WRC regulations allow cars from the Focus segment again? And what models are VW and Citroen going to use?
All segments are allowed, it's the engine displacement that is mainly limiting the factories from putting the "bigger models". Or rather they prefer to use the production car that was already designed more for a smaller engine. Main reason why you don't see Impreza anymore.

Areyouben said:
VW is going for the polo again, and I believe Citroen is developing a C3
Something like this :)

Talking bout RX. Automobilista has the best RX i've seen. :open_mouth: 
I like thier trucks, but just like Assetto, the handling is really good, but the graphics are just meh.  

We are really spoiled with DR, pretty close sim experience with excellent graphics and sound.  Such a cool place to be.  

Areyouben said:
All segments are allowed, it's the engine displacement that is mainly limiting the factories from putting the "bigger models". Or rather they prefer to use the production car that was already designed more for a smaller engine. Main reason why you don't see Impreza anymore.
I thought it was mainly the shorter wheelbase that they were after; the shorter the better.

Areyouben said:
I thought it was mainly the shorter wheelbase that they were after; the shorter the better.
Yeah. Smaller cars for the smaller engines was how I understood it. 

tbtstt said:
Areyouben said:
Yeah. Smaller cars for the smaller engines was how I understood it. 
Car designed for a smaller engine = smaller dimensions.

I thought that was self explanatory.

If you only need to fit a 1.6 litre engine and your min weight limit is low enough, you'll just use the smallest car you have.

RinusRally said:
Gameplay/Physics  >> Graphics
That doesn't mean you can throw a graphics straight out from PS2/early PS3 era into a racing games nowadays.
Sure, physics are most important for a racing game, then comes tracks, then gameplay, then graphics, then audio. After those it's basically all on a rather equal level of priority. But to be seen as a quality game you need, if not all, then at least most of those on a high quality level.

And as funny as it may sound, modding physics is maybe not easier, but more likely to happen than modding graphics to a current gen standard, mainly due to the fact that upgrading graphics is basically impossible (excluding swapping assets like car models, textures etc.).

In other words, not appealing graphics in a racing game is a valid point that takes away from the experience of the game and effectively lowers its value and longevity. Games with better graphics that have good gameplay usually live longer than similar games but with "meh" graphics.

So Abarth is back with the124 Spider and will start 2017 in RGT class. Would love to have some modern RWD cars in DiRT <3

That MX-5 doesn't stand a chance against the Porsches, does look good in rally trim though

austinb said:
That MX-5 doesn't stand a chance against the Porsches, doesnt look good in rally trim though
In my opinion, its class it's no the same as the Porsche, it will fit better in the same class as the Toyota GT86 (don't know the class name, GT R3 or something like that)

Pity I missed contributing, my new PC came a fortnight too late!

KevM said:
Pity I missed contributing, my new PC came a fortnight too late!
Pitty that I've had a footage collected but somehow missed the time to upload them ^^

Not a gossip, but in case you didn't saw it yet.

Community Trailer
https://youtu.be/KtyfZC9NSiA
Nice :) 
All of the VW Polo in Wales was me :) And it was all from one single run on that stage :) 

SkyRex said:
All of the VW Polo in Wales was me :) And it was all from one single run on that stage :) 
I have counted 16 clips of mine :P Too bad there was only 9 participants.
If only we had free camera mode...

SkyRex said:
I have counted 16 clips of mine :P Too bad there was only 9 participants.
If only we had free camera mode...
They only used footage from 9 participants. There were more than just them... trust me.