DiRTy Gossip

Ok here's a serious post. 

I think it's fair to say that me, @RallyDriven‌ & @tbtstt‌ had a really enjoyable day yesterday and I can't thank @justbiglee‌ and the rest of the DiRT team enough for a fantastic insight into the DiRTy world. It was a really good experience to not only see what has been happening, but to also learn about several other aspects of the gaming world. Naturally as you'd expect I can't say an awful lot about what we may or may not have seen/done but it's something which is very exciting for a rally and gaming fan like my self. 

I think it's fair to say that me, @RallyDriven‌ & @tbtstt‌ had a really enjoyable day yesterday and I can't thank @justbiglee‌ and the rest of the DiRT team for a fantastic insight into a DiRTy world. It was a really good experience to not only see what has been happening, but to also learn about several other aspects of the gaming world. Naturally as you'd expect I can't say an awful lot about what we may or may not have seen/done but it's something which is very exciting for a rally and gaming fan like my self. 

U had a better look since it wasn't ur first time ;-) xD But glad u guys liked it! :)
I think its a very good job to show a handful of people how it really works instead of keep flaming at forums , now they really see whats going on at a company like Codemasters, after all we are all humans with a passion for Rally/ race cars / games! :D

[...] but it's something which is very exciting for a rally and gaming fan like my self. 
That to me is the most exciting news comming indirectly from the DiRT team since it became apparent that they where working on a new title at all. Thanks for sharing!

I do hope we can keep the speculations on a good level even after the loss of @Rallycameraman‌ , @RallyDriven‌ and @tbtstt‌ to the NDA. 

U had a better look since it wasn't ur first time ;-) xD But glad u guys liked it! :)

Yes that's true, it was my 2nd visit which I am even more grateful for. I believe another forum member has also visited the studios, but I will leave it up to them whether they make it public knowledge or not ;)

Yes that's true, it was my 2nd visit which I am even more grateful for. I believe another forum member has also visited the studios, but I will leave it up to them whether they make it public knowledge or not ;)

Wasn't that Petter Solberg? :p  #DiRTygossip

Here's the closest we've got to it in games, relatively speaking, Clocaenog Mid in Rally Championship 2000 (aka Mobil 1 Rally Championship), on PC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQGcduRo20s

I think it's fair to say that me, @RallyDriven‌ & @tbtstt‌ had a really enjoyable day yesterday and I can't thank @justbiglee‌ and the rest of the DiRT team enough for a fantastic insight into the DiRTy world. It was a really good experience to not only see what has been happening, but to also learn about several other aspects of the gaming world. Naturally as you'd expect I can't say an awful lot about what we may or may not have seen/done but it's something which is very exciting for a rally and gaming fan like my self. 
So how to read the above? I'm not sure... I wonder if the last sentence is hinting at a potential for the next game to be released in a slightly different way? (subscription? early access? )

I completely understand that the lucky trio cannot breach the NDA they've signed, but would saying 'I was blown away by what I saw' or 'It wasn't what I expected' step beyond the confidentiality agreement?

Maybe I'm just too jealous that I couldn't find the time to visit this time ;) 

What's with the pics of Rally Wales GB stages? Is that a hint on what the visitors got to play?  I also wish we could find out what THAT CAR is :)

Don't you just hate it when people drive at 50mph when the speed limit is 60mph. Really grinds my gears that. 
It gets even worse than that.
I was coming back from hunting one time, and got slowed down to 25 mph, in a 50 zone, for 21 MILES because there's nowhere that's safe to pass.
There were wide spots, and turnouts, but the people ahead of me weren't considerate enough to use them.
This was on a really nice, flat asphalt road, that twists back and forth along a reservoir in the middle of nowhere.

I was in a Jeep Wrangler at the time, with a full load of camping gear, and the cars slowing me down were TWO Mustang GTs, with full ground skirts.
Needless to say I was ready to run them off the road by the time we finally hit a passing zone, nearly an hour later.

So how to read the above? I'm not sure... I wonder if the last sentence is hinting at a potential for the next game to be released in a slightly different way? (subscription? early access? )

I completely understand that the lucky trio cannot breach the NDA they've signed, but would saying 'I was blown away by what I saw' or 'It wasn't what I expected' step beyond the confidentiality agreement?

Maybe I'm just too jealous that I couldn't find the time to visit this time ;) 

What's with the pics of Rally Wales GB stages? Is that a hint on what the visitors got to play?  I also wish we could find out what THAT CAR is :)
The NDA is a complicated bit of paper, as a blanket rule its easier not to talk about anything full stop but I didn't want that to lock the guys out of the forum all together. 

I have told them what they can and can't say (which is next to nothing) and to ask me before posing anything if they aren't sure if they should say it but I did stress not to talk in riddles or drop hints. I know you guys all want to know, believe me we all want to tell you but for now could you go easy on the guys who came in and not try and read into what they are saying too much. It could land them in a lot of trouble and more importantly me in a lot of trouble and I'm fast running out of lives  :p

@justbiglee‌ you got a good point there, and I respect that.  I will hold off on my usual shenanigans for awhile.  No pictures or movies.  You guys are a great group for letting outsiders see what's up behind the scenes, and by open invitation to the community no less!  

doyley101 said:
Clocaenog East, amazingly fast stages # WRC Rally of Wales

Gossip material for the next Codemaster game?

I may be on that stage watching in a few weeks!
I shall be in Clocaenog East for the Shakedown stage, and then probably in Cloc Main on the Saturday. 

I'm off to rally Wales again this year. Went 2003, 2004, 2005, 2011, 2013 and now third  year. I really hope  Wales is in the next dirt game has Welsh stages in, the trouble is, with a stage named "Sweet Lamb" when you know the real stage pretty well it does saden me when the game stage bears no liking to the real stage.

TDDB said:
I'm off to rally Wales again this year. Went 2003, 2004, 2005, 2011, 2013 and now third  year. I really hope  Wales is in the next dirt game has Welsh stages in, the trouble is, with a stage named "Sweet Lamb" when you know the real stage pretty well it does saden me when the game stage bears no liking to the real stage.
Yeah that was the biggest gripe for me, particularly in WRC4. Having stages named Sweet Lamb, Myherin etc and for them to have a tarmac section in similar to the Great Orme was just annoying.

also the Sardinian stages were rubbish too. They could've at least got the corner after the monte Lerno jump correct, but they couldn't even manage that!

I was impressed when they added the Great Orme scenery, then I realised it's been re-used in multiple tracks both in WRC3 and 4 :-p

I hope the next DIRT game has unique stages, rather than just one big one split into re-used parts (something that has happened in DIRT3 for example).

And @justbiglee, can we at least get a rough idea of whether we might hear anything about this secret NDA project this year? Or whether it'll remain secret until 2015? Not hunting for any details, just an idea of when this forum is likely to light up like wildfire!

The NDA is a complicated bit of paper, as a blanket rule its easier not to talk about anything full stop but I didn't want that to lock the guys out of the forum all together. 

I have told them what they can and can't say (which is next to nothing) and to ask me before posing anything if they aren't sure if they should say it but I did stress not to talk in riddles or drop hints. I know you guys all want to know, believe me we all want to tell you but for now could you go easy on the guys who came in and not try and read into what they are saying too much. It could land them in a lot of trouble and more importantly me in a lot of trouble and I'm fast running out of lives  :p
Thanks for the explanation @justbiglee - I understand that a standard NDA wouldn't be changed for this occasion...

I wish we could get a hint on when the lucky trio will be ungagged...? 

P.S. This is PAGE 50 of DiRTy Gossip - it seems that people who are eagerly waiting for the next game have a wild imagination...

Thanks for the explanation @justbiglee - I understand that a standard NDA wouldn't be changed for this occasion...

I wish we could get a hint on when the lucky trio will be ungagged...? 

P.S. This is PAGE 50 of DiRTy Gossip - it seems that people who are eagerly waiting for the next game have a wild imagination...
2 more posts until 1000! Is this the biggest thread on the whole CM forum?

I hope the next DIRT game has unique stages, rather than just one big one split into re-used parts (something that has happened in DIRT3 for example).
I'm hoping they run with my suggestion of including a mode that does exactly that, then randomly reassembles the pieces to make a race of whatever length you choose.
That would give the randomly created stages a bit of familiarity, but keep you guessing about what's coming up.
That would force you to rely on the pace notes to put in a good run, rather than your memory of the hundreds of other times you've run that stage.