DiRTy Gossip

gfRally said:
urgaffel said:
You'll see soon enough (if all goes according to plan) :D
DLC confirmed #4 or 4 DLC cars or 4 DLC packs 
Talk to me....                                                 

KevM said:
I have joined, so I'll see you on the stages.  Though, its 60's in Greece, so I'll probably crash and burn!! :)

Yeah, I have a couple of friends who will probably be getting the game too who will probably struggle to get to grips with it at first, so I put it as 60's to start off!

If I did it correctly, there should be 3 events this week with two days to do each

I've not played DR in a couple of days, because I wanna save myself for the new content, so I can experience all of the feels.

KevM said:
gfRally said:
urgaffel said:
You'll see soon enough (if all goes according to plan) :D
DLC confirmed #4 or 4 DLC cars or 4 DLC packs 
Talk to me....                                                 
He's being silly :expressionless:

Edit: Also, no one is allowed to 'agree' with my posts anymore as I'm on 555. I'm already annoyed that two people gave me an 'awesome' to put me on 71 awesomes
;)  took care of that

Or 4 of each meaning 16 of each meaning 32 or more... Just keep your hopes up, please lol

@urgaffel Hey, did you guys fix the rain on high and AMD yet?  switching to low qual weather to see in the rain is getting old :(

Not much of a gossip, but I got a call from my local Gamestop earlier that my copy has arrived and can be picked up tomorrow. Asked the employee if I could pick it up this evening already. ''Nope''.

Lousy policy. 

Yeah! It's Tuesday guys! Oh, scrap that. I just woke up after a good day's sleep after a nightshift, thinking it's the next day. Damn. 

well they did twitter pc users would get the update later tomorrow morning ! cant wait. :)

PaloSamo said:
Yeah! It's Tuesday guys! Oh, scrap that. I just woke up after a good day's sleep after a nightshift, thinking it's the next day. Damn. 
It was worth patience and wishes, mate! :D

Darhour said:
Not a gossip obviously and of course an offtopic. Did you guys see the TG Premier Trailer? Seriously, what the hell were they thinking bringing those two fools to an amazing program? However, though, fame and greed are pejoratively embellished for us to pay no attention at all. Screw media!

Judging professionalism, Chris Harris would have been a great fit not two imbeciles who were dragged and begged by greed to present a TV program; one is a celebrity and the other one is wealthy...
I know Matt Leblanc, and unlike the American Top Gear idiots (minus Faust) he actually at least knows and races cars.

JZStudios said:
Darhour said:
Not a gossip obviously and of course an offtopic. Did you guys see the TG Premier Trailer? Seriously, what the hell were they thinking bringing those two fools to an amazing program? However, though, fame and greed are pejoratively embellished for us to pay no attention at all. Screw media!

Judging professionalism, Chris Harris would have been a great fit not two imbeciles who were dragged and begged by greed to present a TV program; one is a celebrity and the other one is wealthy...
I know Matt Leblanc, and unlike the American Top Gear idiots (minus Faust) he actually at least knows and races cars.
Alright, if only they'd hired Chris Harris instead of Evans, that would give a professional touch to an automotive program; however, I doubt Chris Harris turned down the offer. 

What saddens me is that there are more streamers for Dirt Rally since console-release than when Dirt Rally was only available for PC. 
It's to be expected. DR started in Early Access, which a lot of people weren't that much interested in streaming. When it became fully released, most people already played it enough, so the streams wouldn't be really "fresh". And of course, console user base is console user base. Even though every household has a PC/Laptop, only a margin has a PC that is actually capable of gaming. That includes those that use hefty horsepower for computing, not gaming.
And to be honest, I don't find it sad. At least the game lives through its second spring, mainly due to how many console only gamers were waiting for this game. I would say I'm happy that the game has a good reception both on PC and console side.

its because its a pretty niche area. many big boys who stream or youtube probably didnt think it would do well. as the popularity has grown more will jump on streaming.also most of those big guys play for a day then promote next thing they been given or paid to promote.not only that its not that easy compared to other games.so you have to invest time to get anywhere.

hopefully more watch the people who have been putting the effort from the start like Vjabtv. tbh it is pretty hard to get views from dirt rally regardless of how good you are unless the video is promoted.vjabs been doing 5-6 hrs streaming a day and many here have been helping if they can as we know hes the best for dirt rally.

i done over a hundred videos myself since launch for the game video wise.

the bigger picture though is the community will grow so in the end its good for us all.

can see the console selling a million units.

Darhour said:
JZStudios said:
Darhour said:

Alright, if only they'd hired Chris Harris instead of Evans, that would give a professional touch to an automotive program; however, I doubt Chris Harris turned down the offer. 
I read they're both involved along with Sabine Schmitz, and some other retired black F1 driver guy?

What saddens me is that there are more streamers for Dirt Rally since console-release than when Dirt Rally was only available for PC. 
You're sad that an excellent niche game is getting even greater exposure to a wider audience?

JZStudios said:
Darhour said:
JZStudios said:
Darhour said:

I read they're both involved along with Sabine Schmitz, and some other retired black F1 driver guy?
Heh. The hosts are:
Chris Evans
Chris Harris
Eddie Jordan
Matt LeBlanc
Rory Reid
Sabine Schmitz

dwkGravey said:
JZStudios said:
Darhour said:
JZStudios said:
Darhour said:

Heh. The hosts are:
Chris Evans
Chris Harris
Eddie Jordan
Matt LeBlanc
Rory Reid
Sabine Schmitz

zoliRX said:
Not much of a gossip, but I got a call from my local Gamestop earlier that my copy has arrived and can be picked up tomorrow. Asked the employee if I could pick it up this evening already. ''Nope''.

Lousy policy. 

I received a text this afternoon as well from my gamestore that my copy arrived, I could go and get it right away if I wanted but I couldn't today

The wider the audience the easier codemasters will return to arcadeism. Less sim, more sales for their next game. A crowd of people who know how to rally can create a better sim than people spouting weird ideas like a test track a large gymkhana etc

You're deluded mate, the reason they never went in the sim direction is because the management didnt think it would sell. They gave it a chance and to their surprise it sold well. How can the game doing well on console as well, do anything but confirm that there is a market for a sim rally game on either pc or console? Stop saying anything you can to be negative about consoles, you're just being a PC superiority idiot. Why else would you have a problem with a game you like, selling well on console? If there a valid reason ive missed please let me know.

dwkGravey said:
You're sad that an excellent niche game is getting even greater exposure to a wider audience?
The wider the audience the easier codemasters will return to arcadeism. Less sim, more sales for their next game. A crowd of people who know how to rally can create a better sim than people spouting weird ideas like a test track a large gymkhana etc
That's... so much BS and elitism there. Ok, let's analyse things here.

The wider the audience - the main reason the game has gotten a much wider audience is because they went to roots and did a tremendously good job at it. When you look at the other side of the things, the full arcade mode, I don't think it's that rosey. Sure. they "sold" over 600k copies of DiRT Showdown, but that game was in Humble Bundle few times already... in the cheapest package. So those numbers are inflated massively. However all time peak of players in that game is... almost 6 times less than DR's is. And that game was cheaper... a lot. I can safely guess that DR at this point gave them more income than DS.

Less sim, more sales for their next game - in case you haven't noticed, racing sims (this includes rally as well) are really in the zone and it doesn't seem like it's going to end soon. So if we go with that knowledge of the market... More arcade = worse sales, more sim = more sales.

A crowd of people who know how to rally can create a better sim than people spouting weird ideas like a test track a large gymkhana etc - from this I can assume you take Devs for a bunch of idiots. I think that when they are going for a simulation, they won't be asking for an expert opinion from a sunday gamer who doesn't even know something like rally exist, but they'll be asking some actual rally drivers. Same applies to forums/community, they'll definitely be prioritising feedback and possibly ignoring some (exploding chickens for example).

Seriously, whenever you have the need to write some elitistic BS like that, take that with you, go to the toilet, take a dump, throw that BS in there and flush it. Will help a lot.

dwkGravey said:
JZStudios said:
Darhour said:
JZStudios said:
Darhour said:

Heh. The hosts are:
Chris Evans
Chris Harris
Eddie Jordan
Matt LeBlanc
Rory Reid
Sabine Schmitz
I know Matt and Sabine, and I've no problem with them. Just wish Jeremy and they guys went with Netflix instead. I mean, who has Amazon Prime or whatever?

dwkGravey said:
Less sim, more sales for their next game - in case you haven't noticed, racing sims (this includes rally as well) are really in the zone and it doesn't seem like it's going to end soon. So if we go with that knowledge of the market... More arcade = worse sales, more sim = more sales.
I don't know, if Criterion came out with an updated "HD remake" of Burnout Paradise, with Big Surf, all the DLC included, AND wheel support, I'd buy it instantly. Loved that game. Beat it 2 and a half times.