DiRTy Gossip

JZStudios said:
I don't know, if Criterion came out with an updated "HD remake" of Burnout Paradise, with Big Surf, all the DLC included, AND wheel support, I'd buy it instantly. Loved that game. Beat it 2 and a half times.
You're judging how game would sell based on whether you would buy it? Also, we're talking here about a series that is known far and wide and even though it was the weakest Burnout of them all, it was definitely a great game. Great game will sell always. It's hard to compare both, since one is basically a holy grail of arcade racers, while the DiRT series right now is neither here nor there.
However the market has definitely been catering more towards sim than arcade. Heck, even Forza will be coming out on the PC. If there's a F2P game of AAA grade coming out for a genre, you know the market has to be "fertile".
In short, it's as simple as more people are starting to look for a "Gran Turismo" rather than a "Need For Speed". This trend continues.

Also, only that many times? BTW, you can get the DLCs on PC as well. Through modding naturally. I've beat that game more times than I remember, mainly due to losing the save game -_-

What saddens me is that there are more streamers for Dirt Rally since console-release than when Dirt Rally was only available for PC. 
It's to be expected. DR started in Early Access, which a lot of people weren't that much interested in streaming. When it became fully released, most people already played it enough, so the streams wouldn't be really "fresh". And of course, console user base is console user base. Even though every household has a PC/Laptop, only a margin has a PC that is actually capable of gaming. That includes those that use hefty horsepower for computing, not gaming.
And to be honest, I don't find it sad. At least the game lives through its second spring, mainly due to how many console only gamers were waiting for this game. I would say I'm happy that the game has a good reception both on PC and console side.
I think it's more of a issue with casual generic shooter with RPG element.

I am really happy with the feel of the game on console. It's smooth, it still looks very good and it feels very good with controller. I haven't played a racing game with controller for about 6 months or so but I was able to jump in and do some clean (kinda) runs. :) These are no WR runs for sure, a bit sketchy even as I'm used to running DiRT with a wheel for the past year , but it shows what you can do with almost no experience with running the game with controller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uXS-CnOW48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G_ydxlVGdY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6F1mj5js8Q

JZStudios said:
I don't know, if Criterion came out with an updated "HD remake" of Burnout Paradise, with Big Surf, all the DLC included, AND wheel support, I'd buy it instantly. Loved that game. Beat it 2 and a half times.
 Heck, even Forza will be coming out on the PC. If there's a F2P game of AAA grade coming out for a genre, you know the market has to be "fertile".
Also, only that many times? BTW, you can get the DLCs on PC as well. Through modding naturally. I've beat that game more times than I remember, mainly due to losing the save game -_-

It does not have Big Surf island. And I'm not buying it to get a half baked modded version. Forza on PC is MS attempt at their "universal game app" thing. I'm kind of torn, because I don't want win10 yet, but I do want Forza. Especially if I can run it on triples.... and after how long that game takes to beat it, yeah, I did it about 90% 2 and a half times. I was never good at the crash thing.

Damn. I was hoping I could put out my video before release. Almost done though, just working on an intro.

DiRT Rally launch day! :D :D

Congratulations to the team on getting to this point! :) You can hear and read in interviews that this was far from an easy journey and I'm really happy I played a tiny part in it :)

I'm planning on going this evening to Sainsbury's to hopefully buy one of the steelbook edition copies. However, it will have to be for PS4 as they're not selling PC... I guess I'll have to follow with a purchase of a console :tongue:

By the way - if anyone sees a PC steelbook edition please buy it for me and I'll send the money back with 10% profit :D Anyone?

I've not had much time to play DiRT Rally lately (life stuff) and I'm unlikely to get much time to play in the immediate future (big life stuff), but I'll do my best to have a go with the new content soon :)

Congratulations to @KickUp @Hatward , Steve the Wizard, the rest of the awesome dev and community team and to our torturer/DiRTy friend @justbiglee . Thanks for being so engaging and keen to listent to the fans - I hope that you've seen that it helped you make a better game. The best rally game ever! :D

DiRT Rally launch day! :D :D

Congratulations to the team on getting to this point! :) You can hear and read in interviews that this was far from an easy journey and I'm really happy I played a tiny part in it :)

I'm planning on going this evening to Sainsbury's to hopefully buy one of the steelbook edition copies. However, it will have to be for PS4 as they're not selling PC... I guess I'll have to follow with a purchase of a console :tongue:

By the way - if anyone sees a PC steelbook edition please buy it for me and I'll send the money back with 10% profit :D Anyone?

I've not had much time to play DiRT Rally lately (life stuff) and I'm unlikely to get much time to play in the immediate future (big life stuff), but I'll do my best to have a go with the new content soon :)

Congratulations to @KickUp @Hatward , Steve the Wizard, the rest of the awesome dev and community team and to our torturer/DiRTy friend @justbiglee . Thanks for being so engaging and keen to listent to the fans - I hope that you've seen that it helped you make a better game. The best rally game ever! :D

What he said!

And now I wait on Mr. Postman...

JZStudios said:
It does not have Big Surf island. And I'm not buying it to get a half baked modded version. Forza on PC is MS attempt at their "universal game app" thing. I'm kind of torn, because I don't want win10 yet, but I do want Forza. Especially if I can run it on triples.... and after how long that game takes to beat it, yeah, I did it about 90% 2 and a half times. I was never good at the crash thing.
It does have it, through modding: http://burnouthints.webs.com/vanity-pack
It's not half baked, it's the proper thing.

Forza is not an attempt. They already released the game on it and they will keep on releasing. It would be an attempt if it would be first and there wouldn't be a clear statement there would be a continuous release always for the Win 10 platform when it comes to Forza.

In any case, market is set for the simulation more than it is for arcade and it's been more than obvious that the next DiRT title will follow the DiRT Rally way. Nothing else to do than to enjoy the game and the newest patch until the new game will get released. Well, that is if the new patch would be released already :p 

JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
 Heck, even Forza will be coming out on the PC. If there's a F2P game of AAA grade coming out for a genre, you know the market has to be "fertile".

I've read that Forza 6 Apex wont have any wheel support at launch. They're supposedly working on it, but until it does, I probably won't be playing it. 

JZStudios said:
It does have it, through modding: http://burnouthints.webs.com/vanity-pack
It's not half baked, it's the proper thing.

Forza is not an attempt. They already released the game on it and they will keep on releasing. It would be an attempt if it would be first and there wouldn't be a clear statement there would be a continuous release always for the Win 10 platform when it comes to Forza.

In any case, market is set for the simulation more than it is for arcade and it's been more than obvious that the next DiRT title will follow the DiRT Rally way. Nothing else to do than to enjoy the game and the newest patch until the new game will get released. Well, that is if the new patch would be released already :p 
  you seem to be ignoring that dirt 3 outsold anything which is arcade rally :D

but dirt rally is the right way to approach the market at this moment ;)

cant wait for the update !

dwkGravey said:
JZStudios said:
Darhour said:
JZStudios said:
Darhour said:
Not a gossip obviously and of course an offtopic. Did you guys see the TG Premier Trailer? Seriously, what the hell were they thinking bringing those two fools to an amazing program? However, though, fame and greed are pejoratively embellished for us to pay no attention at all. Screw media!

Judging professionalism, Chris Harris would have been a great fit not two imbeciles who were dragged and begged by greed to present a TV program; one is a celebrity and the other one is wealthy...
I know Matt Leblanc, and unlike the American Top Gear idiots (minus Faust) he actually at least knows and races cars.
Alright, if only they'd hired Chris Harris instead of Evans, that would give a professional touch to an automotive program; however, I doubt Chris Harris turned down the offer. 
I read they're both involved along with Sabine Schmitz, and some other retired black F1 driver guy?
Heh. The hosts are:
Chris Evans
Chris Harris
Eddie Jordan
Matt LeBlanc
Rory Reid
Sabine Schmitz
The only host I'm struggling to come to terms with at the moment is Eddie Jordan. He has no place there: unless they intend to have a running feature on the new show talking about failed formula one teams, in which case he is the perfect choice.

I've talking one of the chaps at work into popping out at lunchtime and buying the game, so I'm going to go with him and see if the local Sainsburys have a copy of the steelbook!

Good to see DiRT Rally is pretty much all of my Twitter feed this morning! 

New trailer

https://youtu.be/cT3YpKkcWAc

What we need on this thread, is an awesome DiRTy Convoy pic!!!

dgeesi0 said:
 you seem to be ignoring that dirt 3 outsold anything which is arcade rally :D

but dirt rally is the right way to approach the market at this moment ;)

cant wait for the update !
It's simcade. It has quite a way to go to be called arcade. Also, the numbers are inflated due to humble bundle's, steamworks conversion and being on sale for over 5 years. Oh, also costs less than DiRT Rally does (at least it did for me). It still has less most active players at the same time than DR. That's a number that says something.

@Didzis wheel support counts to as much as the name and in-game preset. You can still utilise the steering wheel even if it's not supported as long as you can keybind controls. Most of the settings you can adjust through drivers, rest in-game. Some steering wheel specific features may be missing naturally (G27 rev counter for example), but the general usability will be the same. And they already announced there will be support for steering wheels.

Anyway, almost noon, still no patch in sight. According to twitter it was supposed to be late morning, so it should appear in 2 hours at worst.

Almost 2 years to the date since I first played DiRT Rally, or DiRT Delta as I believe it was known back then. Really hope it does well on console. There's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't. 

https://twitter.com/rallycameraman/status/717252966298857472

Almost 2 years to the date since I first played DiRT Rally, or DiRT Delta as I believe it was known back then. Really hope it does well on console. There's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't. 

https://twitter.com/rallycameraman/status/717252966298857472
Yep, I'm so happy to have played a small part of this!

Just played the first preview event (60's mini in Greece) whilst the full game was installing, and I won by a long way despite a spin on stage 2! Looks like I've still got it!

According to SteamDB the update is here :)
https://steamdb.info/app/310560/history/
I can attest, it's downloading the update :D 
Awesome, I'm still at work so wasn't 100 percent sure haha, can't wait to get home and play