DiRTy Gossip

Other than missing rally pvp, its all been pretty positive, which is really good!
When is the next League Rally @RallyDriven ?

KevM said:
Other than missing rally pvp, its all been pretty positive, which is really good!
When is the next League Rally @RallyDriven ?
Starts tomorrow morning and lasts till Friday night, then a new one for Saturday and sunday. Going to do just two, slightly longer events next week with 3 1/2 days for each

tbtstt said:
Perhaps I've missed the comments (or Codemasters are cleaning them up!) but, thus far, I don't think I've seen a single negative comment on Facebook with regards to the console release. I really hope that the wider console audience like the game as much as the few of us on here do!

Seriously, it's a fantastic game! 

If I say that @Rallycameraman I get 1000x disagree ratings. but if you say it it's all fine.  :*

Also maybe good new for people on the forum, so they can finally stop me posting stuff and hating on me. 

Once I can play the modern hillclimb and can upgrade it 100% I am going to quit Dirt Rally. The After Early Acces-months are embarrassing; Exploits had to be fixed in Januari or so, the 6+ leagues exploit isn't fixed, I don't see any Wales shortcut-fixes, etc etc. Patch didn't cure a lot of bugs, but only bring more new bugs. No hardcore-mode or locked DOR, etc etc rumors, etc. Console and marketing where probably more important. So it's time say goodbye to Dirt Rally, and wait for Dirt Rally 2. 

With love,

Ivy. <3 
There's a reason for that. Luke is fun, you're restrictive.

So, it's been nice seein ya, so... see ya.

Darhour said:
I acknowledge the majority wouldn't spend a large sum of money to build a high-end computer to play a "videogame", but there are many advantages behind consoles that  primarily involve exclusive titles and pricing reasons.
If game price is a reason to go for consoles, then I'm Queen Elizabeth II. Games on consoles are usually about 30-50% more expensive than their PC counterparts.
The main reasons for going with a console are indeed the exclusive titles and... simplicity. Or should I say "noob proofness" and complete lack of any... meddling with it. You just turn it on, click play, and off you go. PC's require more than that, which for sunday gamers and generally people who don't have much free time this is a lord Bahamut sent.
You can build a more powerful PC than what you would spent on purchasing a console anyway, so price is really not the reason at all. It was up to the previous gen consoles, where each one was enough for about 5-10 years without any changes done to them, so you were better off on the hardware side. But now, with the current gen that is already outdated and new version of at least PS4 supposedly coming out... nope, consoles lost completely on the pricing side.

How are all the long-timers finding the new Tyre damage model?

I don't have space for a wheel set up, so if I did buy a PC id be playing on a controller, and since I'd only buy a PC for a small number of games, there's not much point in that. Can we all just accept that sometimes, people play games on different platforms, and at the end of the day, they're pretty much the same thing?

Darhour said:
I acknowledge the majority wouldn't spend a large sum of money to build a high-end computer to play a "videogame", but there are many advantages behind consoles that  primarily involve exclusive titles and pricing reasons.
If game price is a reason to go for consoles, then I'm Queen Elizabeth II. Games on consoles are usually about 30-50% more expensive than their PC counterparts.
The main reasons for going with a console are indeed the exclusive titles and... simplicity. Or should I say "noob proofness" and complete lack of any... meddling with it. You just turn it on, click play, and off you go. PC's require more than that, which for sunday gamers and generally people who don't have much free time this is a lord Bahamut sent.
You can build a more powerful PC than what you would spent on purchasing a console anyway, so price is really not the reason at all. It was up to the previous gen consoles, where each one was enough for about 5-10 years without any changes done to them, so you were better off on the hardware side. But now, with the current gen that is already outdated and new version of at least PS4 supposedly coming out... nope, consoles lost completely on the pricing side.
1. False. Steam poops out sales frequently, but console games are usually cheaper. Not sure why everyone keeps saying this. PC has cheap crap indie games, but any major games are usually more expensive.
2. PC's are a pain in the ass for experienced people. For example, my usb3 ports die every time I turn my PC off, so I have to actually disconnect power and reboot it for them to work.
3. I don't buy that. At all. A $400 PC is not worth it.

KevM said:
I love it because it is no longer exaggerated and stupid.

400 cheat times just removed.nice one guys :)

also new cheat engine code added. ah dont slip :D

Darhour said:
On US/EU market, yes. I'm not sure If you know this, but there are ways for PS4 players (I'm not sure about Xbox One, but I heard there's a way too) to get a brand new game (digital) for ~20€ (sharing it with a trusted partner tho). It's certain that this is not quite the "legal" way (I'm talking about how the games are bought and not the sharing thing) but Sony haven't done anything yet and I doubt they will and no, I'm not talking about the "ghost accounts".

KevM said:
I made like 30 attempts in the Polo at Kontijarvi doing suicide runs and didn't have one blowout from landing jumps.

KevM said:

Now it allows to make exaggerated and stupid jumps.
TBH, I found previous tire damage model quite proper. At least I never got puncture without real reason.

MaXyMsrpl said:
KevM said:

Now it allows to make exaggerated and stupid jumps.
TBH, I found previous tire damage model quite proper. At least I never got puncture without real reason.
I believed this to be more true to begin with, however there is at least one place in Finland where just going fast will almost always guarantee a puncture in a way that does not seem right at all.

MaXyMsrpl said:

Yet everyone else did.

They were exaggerated, and are now fixed. Watch real rallying and count the amount of punctures they get from landings. Even Novikov's crazy stunt didn't give him any puncture, so... myeah, sorry. Tyre damage was bad, now it's good.

Yet everyone else did.
ô_o                                                           

BrySkye said:
Yet everyone else did.
ô_o                                                           
What? Everyone got unrealistic punctures.

Well, unless going very, very slowly. Then it didn't happen, unless a ditch looked at you wrong. It was just massively exaggerated.

BrySkye said:
Yet everyone else did.
ô_o                                                           

Well, unless going very, very slowly. Then it didn't happen, unless a ditch looked at you wrong. It was just massively exaggerated.
It was a bit more controv... no, there were out right arguments over that topic, so let's not just say 'everyone' like it was always one big, universal, happy, everyone agrees type thing. 
To be fair, being one of the super speed demons, you've got a somewhat skewed view of what is 'very, very slow'.
Most of the complaints generally came from two directions. Those that weren't very good and crashed all the time, or those who were battling for the top spots on the leaderboards, which involves driving in certain ways.

Not saying it was perfect, but it doesn't seem an unreasonable opinion to voice that it might have gone a bit too far from one extreme to the other.

BrySkye said:
Yet everyone else did.
ô_o                                                           

It is much more common for suspensions to blow out of the mounts before the tires burst. Not sure what the French Waiters problem is. The tires aren't being abused enough to pop from degradation, and the jumps aren't severe enough to blow them out. The only thing that makes sense is if you do slam into a boulder or something at 60.

I remember watching TheSLAPTrain commenting that the Forza players would have a distinctive advantage over anyone else.

Start at 6:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPiEOMgDqNI

Good job, they seem to be the slowest.

I guess they fear the road since it's harder to control a car while rallying than racing on a circuit

Vaguely DiRT related, but a few pictures from the second round of the British Rallycross Championship at Lydden a couple of weeks ago. Includes a few familiar cars to DiRT Rally players...

...more photos here: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/sets/72157664569361974

If any of you are interested! 

tbtstt said:
Vaguely DiRT related, but a few pictures from the second round of the British Rallycross Championship at Lydden a couple of weeks ago. Includes a few familiar cars to DiRT Rally players...

...more photos here: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/sets/72157664569361974

If any of you are interested! 

@tbtstt  As always great pix, and very jealous you get to do this for a living