DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Darhour said:
Could we have a screenshot of something from the game or is it extremely classified like a nuclear missile? :)
Nuclear missiles aren't all that classified... or that hard to make. Their location is moreso.
urgaffel said:
dgeesi0 said:
people have modded dirt 3 before for the same thing people are asking for.
Got a link? More dust is easy, it's just cranking up the numbers. Getting the rolling motion, shape and patchiness is a different matter...
Hey, were not asking for much here, just small things like this.
https://youtu.be/_Q3y-rP1VKY
Or this.
https://youtu.be/aeNPNOzIgTU

Oregon, huh?

I bet their mining operations have ceased completely, what with all the ore gone.... eheheee

i'll see myself out
The sheer badness of this pun made my internet shut down for 5 minutes, god dammit dude.

DriftCM said:
There's been some updates to the CREST tool today B)
prays for custom runs to be added. :D. ah well hopefully done soon :)

DriftCM said:

Care to fill us in? Handbrake and updated player marker/cars?

bogani said:
DriftCM said:

Care to fill us in? Handbrake and updated player marker/cars?
Well spotted. Plus there's a few cosmetic tweaks and additions such as the player(s) you're viewing being highlighted in the leaderboard.

That was yesterday ;)

But this just happened today....

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/725732099144212487

That was yesterday ;)

I so want the guys from Evolution Studios to up the technical side of Codemasters games. Ego engine was good when it launched, but it's severely outdated at this point. And if you add the fact that both Codies and Evo guys are one of the best developers out there when it comes to optimisation... the future looks more than bright for not only the potato users/console peasants but also #PCMasterRace xD

Or at least those are my wet "graphics fanatic" part of me dreams. After DiRT Rally, I'm probably gonna take whatever they show up blind. Unless it will be called "DiRT Adventures of Ken Block" or something xD

That was yesterday ;)

I so want the guys from Evolution Studios to up the technical side of Codemasters games. Ego engine was good when it launched, but it's severely outdated at this point. And if you add the fact that both Codies and Evo guys are one of the best developers out there when it comes to optimisation... the future looks more than bright for not only the potato users/console peasants but also #PCMasterRace xD

Or at least those are my wet "graphics fanatic" part of me dreams. After DiRT Rally, I'm probably gonna take whatever they show up blind. Unless it will be called "DiRT Adventures of Ken Block" or something xD
Yup, Codies have earned a free "shut up and take my money" pass from me for the foreseeable future :-)

Agree, but with a caveat, it's the Dirt team.  Remember Codies are a large pseudo studio/publisher, lots of different teams within.

I only think that they dont have to go higher with the required specs, because you will only get less people because game gets unplayable if you dont have a great pc. And the game looks really good, maybe in engine limitations like things that are needed to be implemented but it is impossible because of the game engine

I only think that they dont have to go higher with the required specs, because you will only get less people because game gets unplayable if you dont have a great pc. And the game looks really good, maybe in engine limitations like things that are needed to be implemented but it is impossible because of the game engine
Technically speaking, they could make it run on even lower-end hardware by quite literally killing the draw distance. Aka you wouldn't see the mountains in the distance.
I think the lowest entry point should increase, as you also have to optimise physics for the low-end hardware. So the lower the entry point, the less advanced stuff you can put into the game that impacts gameplay. Graphics can always be dialed in with tweaks to the draw distance and what not.

i'm just absolutely craving the next announcement... will it be an announcement of the date of a new announcement? new content? DLC? DR 2? Rally NZ? (:D)

Regardless of what the next announcement ends up being, feel free to financially harass my wallet, Codies.

shutupandtakemymoney.gif

edgenz said:
i'm just absolutely craving the next announcement... will it be an announcement of the date of a new announcement? new content? DLC? DR 2? Rally NZ? (:D)
As far as we know there are no plans for DLC at this time, and no confirmation from Codemasters about DR2 just rumors so far.

edgenz said:
As far as we know there are no plans for DLC at this time, and no confirmation from Codemasters about DR2 just rumors so far.
yes - hence the craving for the next announcement! :)

It will be a while before a new announcement. I mean, dirt rally was in development for about 2 years or more before it was announced. Plus, I know you PC guys have had the game for a year, but remember they've only just released it on console, they probably won't go straight out and announce the new one yet

If  they announce a new Dirt Rally / Rally game now people on consoles will riot, because it smells like milking the "franchise". Codies better wait till end of 2016 or Q1 in 2017 before they announce a new Rally game. 
The game has been out for over a year now. Console base needs to be mindful of that as well. If they announce the new title soon (which I doubt anyway, they need to accurately evaluate what Evo studios can bring in, in terms of tech and then implementation of it takes time as well) it will still take over a year to release it. At least.

Besides, how they will riot? You're very fond of that word, even though it means nothing in gaming community. Not buy the game? Sure, they can do that. But at the same time I don't think there will be any worthy title (other than current DiRT Rally) based on rally to buy. And if they announce new game with intention that they don't want to make DLC for a game that is already limiting them... only positive marks there IMO. It all comes down to how they play it.

Simple example. If the PR folks at nVidia would release the GTX970 as a 3,5GB with an extra 0,5GB of slower VRAM, then it would be an interesting feature. They released as 4GB without the mention of the slower part and... the #VRAMGATE happened. Not that it matters, it's still the most popular GPU ever and for a good reason... the whole VRAM issue doesn't matter when it's a GPU designed for 1080p gaming. But I digress, since that's off-topic now anyway.

Bottom line? Great game will always sell while a good game, needs advertising. All Codies need to do is make sure the next DiRT title will be a great game and more than a worthy successor to DR. When you count what Paul already said in some interviews, they are on a good way so far.

:D                                                                                                    

https://youtu.be/hamKl-su8PE

Well this week's roadbook has come with some (probably) awesome info about "Dirt Rally's future". I'm here hoping they announce some countries/tracks as DLC !!

There would be a backlash if they announced it tomorrow from people who wouldn't understand that it has been out for a long time. But anyway, I don't think they are any where near announcing anything yet