DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

A little off topic, but is the forum messed up for anyone else? It keeps telling me I've read conversations I haven't read.

JZStudios said:
A little off topic, but is the forum messed up for anyone else? It keeps telling me I've read conversations I haven't read.

All my bookmarked threads are read but I haven't read them at all.

WRC 6 looks stunning but the sounds need improvement because they sound modulated pretty bad. The pitches may not really be that smooth but improvements are necessary and the handling is, well, as usual..

Alright, i'll post the gossip then!

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/744980876249927680

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/744983322208641024

For clarity, Opel Ascona :)

The Ascona's rear looks similar to the Manta's and this could mean that the next DiRT will be similar to DR with new modifications or a new EGO engine? Possibly lol

They recorded the Manta engine recently, so they're just 'completing' the set with the Ascona :)

I'll take all they can give, but if they didn't make any changes to the next game engine, i'd be surprised, i bet they're on all new tools now for the next project.

So, for this game or the next?                                   

bogani said:
On a more serious note, what makes me skeptical about VR in DR is the limited wheel animation that will kill the immersion instantly. The cockpits are also quite bland graphically.
I hope this will be fixed in the VR update, easy fix might be to hide the hands so no animation is needed for those, and just sync the wheel rotation.
I played Project CARS yesterday with my rift, and being able to see some arms and hands doing the same thing as I'm doing does help a lot with the immersion, so I do hope codies have been able to get full steering animation into the game.

DriftCM said:
CREST now supports hillclimb events:
https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/telemetry/0
That is some great stuff there. Now I'll be able to watch my Daily run and analyse my run to possibly get few extra seconds :D

bogani said:
On a more serious note, what makes me skeptical about VR in DR is the limited wheel animation that will kill the immersion instantly. The cockpits are also quite bland graphically.
I hope this will be fixed in the VR update, easy fix might be to hide the hands so no animation is needed for those, and just sync the wheel rotation.
I played Project CARS yesterday with my rift, and being able to see some arms and hands doing the same thing as I'm doing does help a lot with the immersion, so I do hope codies have been able to get full steering animation into the game.
Yeah, my arms never line up with the in games. Especially for that weird period where neither hands on the wheel but it still turns. He's either using the force or.... Ahem.

bogani said:

@KickUp. mentioned in a twitchbshow long while back, that the game just can't support it.  

With the lack of many character animation in the game outside of a few cameramen and crowd movements.  I think there was a lack of time to record them or game optimization reasons.  

I have been asking for this now for years. besides now the steering I wish they where able to go back to CMR 3 character animations it would rally add to the atmosphere.  Even DiRT2 had some variety when you got close to the crowds.  

I do understand there are always compromises and limitations, but it will continue to be on my wish list.  

A little off subject,  they have almost nailed every check on my sound list before DR was announced, again "the sound of Gravel" is absolutely complete.

Yeah, i remember seeing DR for the first time on gravel, and thinking, wow, i never knew that sound was missing before, but now i can't live without it!

gfRally said:
@KickUp. mentioned in a twitchbshow long while back, that the game just can't support it.  

With the lack of many character animation in the game outside of a few cameramen and crowd movements.  I think there was a lack of time to record them or game optimization reasons.  

I have been asking for this now for years. besides now the steering I wish they where able to go back to CMR 3 character animations it would rally add to the atmosphere.  Even DiRT2 had some variety when you got close to the crowds.  

I do understand there are always compromises and limitations, but it will continue to be on my wish list.  
Too bad about the steering, but it will be a blast nonetheless. Hopefully they will take this to the next game, and will be able to implement it in the new engine.

old news, but T300 steering is back to normal. Celebration! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hEYwk0bypY

JZStudios said:
I don't even know what a Skoda is.               
They're cars with very limited success in world rallying, whose name bear a remarkable resemblance to Sweden's word for "behold".
Fun fact: the word "škoda" literally means "damage" in Czech ;) It can also mean "too bad", as in "oh well, too bad that didn't work".

And yes, given the reliability of the cars, especially in the past, it's been a constant source of amusement and jokes amongst the Czech.

(The company is actually named after Emil Škoda, the owner of the large industrial company that bought the original Laurin & Klement car company in 1924, though, so just a coincidence.)

And as for Skoda's in Dirt Rally, I'd very much like to see the local rally legend Skoda 130RS featured. When driving the Alpine in DR, I always think it would feel somewhat similar, as it's the closest car to it in many aspects. John Haugland was the most famous international driver:

https://vimeo.com/107618598

But I guess it's even less likely than having some kind of Fabia or Octavia featured.

I just just realized that for the next game we'll hopefully have the 2017 WRC spec cars... *droooools*

Dytut said:
I just just realized that for the next game we'll hopefully have the 2017 WRC spec cars... *droooools*
For once I'm glad Toyota won't be in the game then... rally Yaris... oh come the f...

Honestly, I don't care how bonkers it may look and/or sound, it's still a Yaris :D

@RyuMakkuro do you live in America?  cuz that sounds awfully familiar to the attitude most have here.  In the UK these small cars seem to be the norm, so I understand, but here with the wide open roads, it's a little different