DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

gfRally said:
If he is saying that he can't read between the lines then i guess he didn't see it coming.
Not sure I understand, you think something has been playing out for a while?  How did you come to this conclusion?  (I am only curious, not asking in sarcasm) 

@justbiglee‌ I am really torn using Codies forums to talk about Codies employees.
You guys are free to discuss what you want, like I've kind of said to you guys in the past DiRT has been full of ups and downs and we've probably got more of those to come (just like the development of any game). It's difficult for me to talk about without landing myself in a world of trouble, you guys are free too though and as usual you guys get pretty close to whats really going on. The plan for the game hasn't changed though.

gfRally said:
Yeah, This is going beyond me predicting a release date based on Lee posting 4 with a clue in a pic, this is someone's job.  For us its a game and fun figuring out dates here, but it's the devs way of making a living.  Only a few games do the teams, engage a community, joke around and have fun with the fans.  I think it has brought all of us close enough to these guys that many would think about sharing a beer with and talking about stuff beyond gaming, especially our passion for rally.

When stuff like this happens we feel a loss in the community.

So we raise our mugs to you Jon  and the others that have worked to bring this game to life!
+1

I see that DiRT has finally been verified on twitter, hopefully that means we will see some more action going on there soon

"The new one" As in Colin McRae new one or just next rally game with different name... :p Or am I reading into this tweet to much?

Codemasters - "In 1998 we took things off road with Colin McRae Rally"

Fan - "
Still the best rally game there is :P"

Codemasters - "you should see the next one ;)"

https://twitter.com/Codemasters/status/539774414850510848

now the big question is what is it going to be called?  has enough time passed for the McRae family to allow Codemasters to use the name again?  I'm not being insensitive toward the McRae family, but as the shock passes sometimes a change  of heart happens.  It would make this next game pretty special!  

I couldn't give a flying **** as to what its called, as long as its good! 
Having said that, I would like to see a nod to colin in there :smiley: 

gfRally said:
now the big question is what is it going to be called?  
Have you got our phones tapped Greg?
I thought he was in your office last week? :)
Some time ago there were some hints to do with the name and I've had a theory that a play on number 4 could be the way forward. Quattro? Or on a name of a rally car and time difference symbol: Delta? 

I would like the next game to have a more distinguishable name than just following up Dirt 3 with Dirt 4. Not sure what 'add-on' would suit the approach to the new game. DiRT TruDirt? DiRT Ultimate? :P I have noooo idea...

Over at the F1 forum peeps are discussing the recent departures from Codies. If the sad loss of Jon T is a result of the company having to re-structure following not so explosive sales of recent games (according to some chart websites, are they any good?) then in a way that's the way life goes... It is my view/suspicion that Jon's contribution to the game was key and I hope that it will be released soon so that he can chip into telling us all about it :)

gfRally said:
now the big question is what is it going to be called?  
Have you got our phones tapped Greg?
I thought he was in your office last week? :)
Some time ago there were some hints to do with the name and I've had a theory that a play on number 4 could be the way forward. Quattro? Or on a name of a rally car and time difference symbol: Delta? 

I would like the next game to have a more distinguishable name than just following up Dirt 3 with Dirt 4. Not sure what 'add-on' would suit the approach to the new game. DiRT TruDirt? DiRT Ultimate? :P I have noooo idea...

@GentleNameMVB

Oh oh, I know!  DiRT: Confront the Unknown 

:smile: 

gfRally said:
now the big question is what is it going to be called?  has enough time passed for the McRae family to allow Codemasters to use the name again?  I'm not being insensitive toward the McRae family, but as the shock passes sometimes a change  of heart happens.  It would make this next game pretty special!  

I think we can exclude the new rally game name " @Jontucker Rallygame " as titel , because Jon is leaving :P

I think we can exclude the new rally game name " @Jontucker Rallygame " as titel , because Jon is leaving :P

I think it should be called just that for exactly the same reason. We already miss you @JonTucker‌ !! 

Thanks for all your kind comments guys, I appreciate it. It was a tough decision to make but it was the right one although I can't deny that I'll be disappointed not to be able to chat to you all nearer the release. @KickUp will have it covered though :smile:

JonTucker said:
Thanks for all your kind comments guys, I appreciate it. It was a tough decision to make but it was the right one although I can't deny that I'll be disappointed not to be able to chat to you all nearer the release. @KickUp will have it covered though :smile:
I'm sure when you can finally break silence, there will still be stuff you can tell us :)

i think he maybe tied to some sort of ex-employee nda type of thing almost like a non competitive agreement, don't know (blah lawyer talk, puke) unfortunately been there done that :(

I see that DiRT has finally been verified on twitter, hopefully that means we will see some more action going on there soon
Exactly which post do you consider to be "verification"

Oh and I would be remiss if I did not say "Best wishes Jon, thanks for all you have done at Codies."

Tark9m said:

I assume he means it has now got a blue tick next to it, signifying its the official account.

doyley101 said:
Tark9m said:

I assume he means it has now got a blue tick next to it, signifying its the official account.
I am still missing it somewhere? What post are we looking at?

Tark9m said:
doyley101 said:
Tark9m said:

Nevermind I see it. Just a bit slow on the uptake today.

Tark9m said:
doyley101 said:
Tark9m said:

Nevermind I see it. Just a bit slow on the uptake today.