DiRTy Gossip

At this stage I would personally prefer to see McRae honoured in the game with the inclusion of classic cars and liveries. For me seeing the Group A Impreza in DiRT Rally with the proper livery on it, was a better tribute to Colin than slapping his name on the box of a game he had no involvement with, 

CMR 1 HD would be quite a cool way to mark 10 years though!

Yeah, it's all hypothetical, but I envisage that they'll possibly do something along the lines of either of the above

So, @ChristinaMc responded to a comment I made earlier over at Reddit (regarding last week's missing road book):

"This was it! Alas, it wasn't time off though- it was work stuff in a (sort of) faraway country. Had very limited internet access so couldn't give it the love and dedication it deserved. Tomorrow will have said love and dedication. ;)"

sort of far away? This can only mean Argentina! It's far away, but just next door to the Falklands ;-)

baunau said:
So, @ChristinaMc responded to a comment I made earlier over at Reddit (regarding last week's missing road book):

"This was it! Alas, it wasn't time off though- it was work stuff in a (sort of) faraway country. Had very limited internet access so couldn't give it the love and dedication it deserved. Tomorrow will have said love and dedication. ;)"
This "(sort of) faraway country" would be Germany:

https://twitter.com/xtinamcgrath/status/790669772719620097

zoliRX said:

Any new gossips, by the way? @Hatward mentioned the team hitting some milestones. New game in the works, perhaps? ;)

We have been practising for how long we can hold our breath for.  The team average went up by ten seconds last month, that was one of our milestone goals.

CMMcBabe said:
zoliRX said:

Any new gossips, by the way? @Hatward mentioned the team hitting some milestones. New game in the works, perhaps? ;)

We have been practising for how long we can hold our breath for.  The team average went up by ten seconds last month, that was one of our milestone goals.
Not long now till photos will be dropped here with the entire team standing around an actual milestone with the number 4 on it with baseball bats in their hands.

Dytut said:
sort of far away? This can only mean Argentina! It's far away, but just next door to the Falklands ;-)
You're seriously joking right? British in Argentina? Do you want them murdered?

CMMcBabe said:
zoliRX said:

That's quite impressive, you doing it above water or in water? Longest I've held my breath is about a minute out of water.

KevM said:

Highly unlikely, but not impossible.  The guys must still work fairly closely with the McRaes.  Colin's cars, liveries and name all appear in the current game remember 
Colin's name and liveries didn't appear in game originally and their inclusion is hinted at in this thread
zoliRX said:

Nice to see the thread still going strong though.

Of course the threads still going. The thread has outlived 3 DiRTs, 2 Community Managers, 2 forums and I'm it's 2nd mod.

KevM said:
 Yeah, his name may not be on the box these days, but his spirit is evident in both DiRT Rally and the team that brought it to us!
That was the original idea of the game, to make Colin proud.

JZStudios said:
Dytut said:
https://youtu.be/JB-2pmtoydI?t=4m41s

CMMcBabe said:

gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
Dytut said:

Ooh, nice quality.

CMMcBabe said:
zoliRX said:

I won't be holding my breath for any news then.

gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
Dytut said:

I watched that episode just a few days ago :D 

From the roadbook:

...some of you have been bizarrely accurate in your musings for the future. 

Well practice makes perfect, most of us have been doing this for years :)

What we can say, however, is that we may or may not be secretly VIP-knighting a handful of the people who have been more on the money with their guesses than others. Some of you have picked up on some of our rather obscure and abstract clues quite impressively – despite a few community doubters – and we like the idea of rewarding you for your passions and predictions. 

Anyone reading this, report back if you've been knighted, so we can analyse the past 600+ pages for leads.

A couple of you conspiracy theorists might even find yourself with a certain kind of invite landing in your inbox... remember that playtest facility we mentioned not so long ago?

Awesome! We remember everything ;)

gfRally said:
Basically if you look way back to the first few posts, well history does repeat.
How long between first people being invited and early access/release last time?

Hello DiRTy Gossipers! 

It's been a really long time. . .  I've not been Gossiping much over the past few months , but I've been lurking . Some amazing life stuff has happened and I'm afraid any sleep time wins over DiRTy time . . . 

It appears that the DiRTy torturers are at it again and spilling juicy info left right and centre :) 

My ridiculous guess is that DiRT Rally 2.0 (going by the tweet with CMR 2.0 box) will be either unveiled or released in 90 days from the 90mph tweet . . . 

Mic drop . 

I'm most likely wrong but when has that stopped anyone in this thread . . . :) 

gfRally said:
Basically if you look way back to the first few posts, well history does repeat.
The date of the "group" invite was 28th October 2014 (though others had been invited to see the game before that date). DiRT Rally early access was launched 27th April 2015, so that's pretty much 6 months to the day.

I wonder how relevant the above time frame is though. To me the official statements so far give the sense that the team have a complete product ready for release: at the point in time when I visited we saw a lot of fragments of a game, but they were still figuring out how to put it all together. 

tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
The date of the "group" invite was 28th October 2014 (though others had been invited to see the game before that date). DiRT Rally early access was launched 27th April 2015, so that's pretty much 6 months to the day.

I wonder how relevant the above time frame is though. To me the official statements so far give the sense that the team have a complete product ready for release: at the point in time when I visited we saw a lot of fragments of a game, but they were still figuring out how to put it all together. 
Mm, today is also 28th of October

So if we find out who has been knighted then? 

KevM said:
So if we find out who has been knighted then? 

Might help us figure out who has been close. I think a few of the regular posters in the thread already have VIP status though, so it may not be entirely helpful!

I wonder how much notice they will give with the invites?...