DiRTy Gossip

Yep, I completely echo what Lee has said. Sorry I haven't been as obvious a presence on here recently but my newborn is keeping me very busy. Suffice to say keep being awesome and have an amazing Christmas!

Thank you for popping in @justbiglee with wishes and thanks for the mention :) and to @KickUp‌ for shaking off his daddy duties to write here! 

I've hugely enjoyed trying to put the DiRTy Gossip pieces together and I can't wait to hear more from DiRTy devs to see if I ever got anything right :D 

From the outside it seems like a challenging time for the team, but I'm sure you'll persevere and make the game we've been hoping for. 

I hope 2015 will only consist of highs and exciting news! Please don't stop dripping Gossip and hinting as that keeps us going and shows that you care for the community of passionate DiRT fans. 

All the best to everyone who writes and reads this thread! 

@justbiglee Will I get my forum name changed as a Christmas gift? :P 

Steve, Luke, Michael… Having you guys down this year was great, probably one of my favourite test driver days (I think I’ve perfected the formula now - it ends with DiRTy Love). Everybody on the team loved meeting you, I’ll let you share your story of the day soon.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying it was an absolute pleasure to be there. There was a lot to absorb (and, typically, most of the questions I had came to me after I left!), but it was great to put faces to so many members of the team and see exactly what it is you have been working on. I'm looking forward to the day we can freely discuss it with the other members of the forum.

PS: Sorry again for smashing that car up so badly: I want another go in it with a controller!

Hi all,

Martjin… It was awesome meeting you this year and I hope to see you again soon, thank you for keeping our secrets and you’ve no idea how awesome it is having somebody who is actually a rally driver be part of this with us.

Quick small reply here from Austria ( no its not an iligale recce for the ERC round 1 
Jännerrallye )

Thanks for the nice words Lee, 
i came with no expections, it was amazing to see the Company Codemasters! 
And I left with a very good impression from an amazing team working on an amazing rally/racing project!! With only love and passion for
the rallysport!

We will meet again for sure! When I have a rally in the UK i will visit u guys with my rallycar! ( hopefullt i will meet u guys earlier!)

To all the forum buddies it was an amazing year! Thanks all!! And we keep it Lit! (Like Jon and Paul!)

See ya all in 2015!!

PS. Only one small notification xD 
its Martijn ( first I and then J) but its okey ;-)

Merry Christmas everyone! Just opened my presents and found a few DiRT related goodies...

...hope the rest of you received some DiRT themed gifts!

Thank you for an awesome year guys! It has been great to take part in this rather strange gossip thread where we experience constant oscillations between hopes and crushed dreams.

I hope we'll see a lot of gossiping next year, more hopes being realised in a game, and that we finally get to know what that car is...

Merry Christmas and a DiRTy new year from a snowy Sweden!

Not willing to go through 63 pages here (only checking codies once in a while for anything new), so any highlights of what happens in the back room of the Codies garage?

Gerbie said:
Not willing to go through 63 pages here (only checking codies once in a while for anything new), so any highlights of what happens in the back room of the Codies garage?
@Gerbie‌ 

just read ear the latest blog post by @justbiglee‌ pretty much sums up all the years news in one big cryptic post :)

Happy New Year to all the DiRT current and former team members. Thanks for allowing me to visit, not once but twice. It's been such a privilege to see what goes into making a game, and to visit the same place which made my favourite games ever. 

Hope 2015 is a successful year for guys, you certainly deserve it. 

gfRally said:
Gerbie said:
@Gerbie‌ 

just read ear the latest blog post by @justbiglee‌ pretty much sums up all the years news in one big crypt post :)
Thanks man.

And happy new year to all aswell.

Well, here goes: 

I would like to say thanks to those on the DiRT team both current and our 'fallen heroes' for their dedication and passion for the series and rally.  Non of this would exist without our beloved game, all of us on these forums would not have formed this bond, this community.  Just as in real life, rally brings so many cultures together, and from all walks of life, because we all love one thing...  4

http://vimeo.com/115742248

all copyrighted material used without permission

gfRally said:
Well, here goes: 

I would like to say thanks to those on the DiRT team both current and our 'fallen heroes' for their dedication and passion for the series and rally.  Non of this would exist without our beloved game, all of us on these forums would not have formed this bond, this community.  Just as in real life, rally brings so many cultures together, and from all walks of life, because we all love one thing...  4

Awesome greg! really awesome! 
Next video about Tarmac? ;-)

gfRally said:
Well, here goes: 

Great video!

gfRally said:
Well, here goes: 

This was great !

I guess that didn't last long, too many views and someone complained or a bot snuffed it out :neutral_face: I have to say that is the most traffic I have seen on anything I have done.  Oh well, I think those that mattered most to me got to see and enjoy it.  

Well that is sad realy, i dont see a good reason to block anything like that either.
Hell half the internet could be blocked or deleted because of copyright infrigments if it is so important.

gfRally said:

Glad I got to watch it before it got pulled. Fantastic work @gfRally‌, damn shame that more people won't get to see it!

well there was quite a bit that was copyrighted and I understand people wanting to be able to control that, but for something that is 'fan made' I would have hoped there was a little more leniency.  I have been contemplating putting it on youtube or flickr and see what happens.  But I don't want someone knocking at my door or lawyer sending me some letter about being sued.

gfRally said:
well there was quite a bit that was copyrighted and I understand people wanting to be able to control that, but for something that is 'fan made' I would have hoped there was a little more leniency.  I have been contemplating putting it on youtube or flickr and see what happens.  But I don't want someone knocking at my door or lawyer sending me some letter about being sued.

oh man :(

https://twitter.com/Codemasters/status/552069158729703424

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/552069571197546496

It's hard to disagree...

If next DiRT game is not released in 2015 I'll go vegetarian for a full month! ;]

A new Dirt or Rally game / sim would be great :) As there is nothing that has come close to a good rally in years. except CM Mcrae  rally, Dirt, but I think it needs a re-think.