DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
There are two games that's on my radar. Dirt Rally 2.0 and The Last of Us Pt II.

I'm crazy hyped for TLoU2, but also a bit worried as I thought the first one ended in a perfect bitter sweet way. 
Yeah, fully agreed on the TLoU. It was the last game I bought on PS3 before upgrading to PS4 and I really didn't think it would live up to all the hype: but I was absolutely blown away by it. 

Naughty Dog have a pretty good track record when it comes to sequels, so TLoU2 needs to be good! Speaking of which, I still need to pick up Uncharted 4.
I still haven't finished UC4. It's a technical masterpiece, no doubt about it. Still, I kinda lost interest really quickly. It's not as serious as TLoU, the combat/guns feels a little on the light side. In TLoU it's dirtier, the guns feel heavier.
I would still like to see less combat. The parts I enjoy the most are when you just stroll around exploring the world hanging out with Ellie.

Thanks @Porkhammer!

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/805697180979892224

Singoalla med kaffe är gött ;)

dgeesi0 said:
that is a sweet mini model porky. you make it from a kit ?
Indeed! It's the Tamiya 1/24 Morris Mini Cooper 1275S Rally. Great fit - in fact... it fits a little too well. I dryfitted the windscreen into the body and couldn't get it off again... then the same thing happened when I put the body onto the chassis. I did have a lot of fun building it though, although there were quite a few setbacks... even had to send my airbrush off for repairs at one point, so this build took a lot longer than expected! It's nice that it was complete just in time for christmas(ish).

dgeesi0 said:
Indeed! It's the Tamiya 1/24 Morris Mini Cooper 1275S Rally. Great fit - in fact... it fits a little too well. I dryfitted the windscreen into the body and couldn't get it off again... then the same thing happened when I put the body onto the chassis. I did have a lot of fun building it though, although there were quite a few setbacks... even had to send my airbrush off for repairs at one point, so this build took a lot longer than expected! It's nice that it was complete just in time for christmas(ish).

It's really really cool. You did a great job with the painting and weathering!

urgaffel said:
dgeesi0 said:

It's really really cool. You did a great job with the painting and weathering!
+1. So impressed, it looks INCREDIBLE!

the dirt down the side is amazing                                                                       

You're all too kind! <3                                                          

Porkhammer said:
Indeed! It's the Tamiya 1/24 Morris Mini Cooper 1275S Rally. Great fit.

What tiny little hands you have...   :p

KevM said:
Porkhammer said:
Indeed! It's the Tamiya 1/24 Morris Mini Cooper 1275S Rally. Great fit.

What tiny little hands you have...   :p
All the better to make tiny replicas of classic Rally cars with.

(sorry)

Red Bull Game of the year Poll
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331832597911/red-bull-racing-game-of-the-year-poll

Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo ?

DiRT Rally is the best pick for sure. :smile:

SLRE "Top Drivers with best experience" diverted from rallying to hardcore marketing honestly.

SLRE was a good game, but only until DR came to consoles and I realized how well full price game should be polished :wink:

Although I kinda hope that DR will reach their amount of content before D4 or DR2.... maybe an expansion pack is the big secret that is being tested right now? 

"Some milestones were met" in september - I won't believe that it doesn't connect to actual Milestones Studios and some agreement. Maybe Toyotas and more Citroens (wich licenses were bought out for the SLRE and this is why they couldnt be featured in DR) are coming?
Maybe they agreed to share with Codies some materials about countries, wich could help to develop new rally countries without sending actual ppl to those countries?
It all would be so great... I'd kill for two or three more countries in Dirt Rally :smile:

Badi23 said:
Although I kinda hope that DR will reach their amount of content before D4 or DR2.... maybe an expansion pack is the big secret that is being tested right now? 
There will certainly NOT be any new content coming to DiRT Rally. It was an experimental project designed to prove a point to the higher ups that the game for which the DiRT team was so passionate was a viable option business-wise as well - and it was a great success.

The milestone they hit must have been a development milestone for their first full-budget Sim project: the passion project they have proven is viable which now has proper approval and financial backing (and probably a larger team, too).

I think the Citroen license is just them being difficult, don't think it has anything to do with Seb Loeb. Toyota is a whole other story, definitely not to do with other games.

What shit codies done that Toyota have such opinion...from the level of it I'd bet about killing CEO's daughter or something related to her.

versedi said:
What **** codies done that Toyota have such opinion...from the level of it I'd bet about killing CEO's daughter or something related to her.
Harsh....

If they had done that, I'd imagine the consequences would probably be more serious than not letting them use their cars in the game