DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Not a fan of the Hyundai livery at all, I didn't really like this years that much either, although I liked it more when I saw it in the flesh at rally gb this year.

edit: also, I think people should kind of accept that times move on, and rally cars change. Same with F1, there's a reason why they are so different from the cars of previous decades! Although I think the manufacturers could probably do more to make the aero fit more to the looks of the car, as I bet the average person would ever guess that was a Yaris under all that aero kit!

Not a fan of the Hyundai livery at all, I didn't really like this years that much either, although I liked it more when I saw it in the flesh at rally gb this year.
I wasn't talking about 2016's livery but rather the car model itself.

For the future rally cars, the bodykits formed separate cars on their own making the stock bodies hardly seen. That Yaris looks so repugnant with that spoiler like pastry and what is Microsoft doing there?? What is that door mirror??? Installing a satellite dish on it???

I wasn't talking about 2016's livery but rather the car model itself.
I know, I don't have big preference on body, but if o had to chose I'd go for this year's again!

If the VW makes it out, and it still looks like the prototype, it will be my favorite.

I'm sure these will grow on us, it may take a while for some.  @RallyDriven is right, stuff has to progress, and at least they are still burning fuel and not electric.  The sound will always be incredible with piston engines.

If you really think about it, we are sounding like old people, recalling past times and telling stories about how it was when they were kids.  

putting WRC 2017 aside, for now.  Just saw this footage.  I'm not a big Forza fan its a fun game to play with some not-so-serious friends of mine.  Nice rally cars in there, esp that Subie 

https://youtu.be/vujdULbLzyU

Please, this is just sharing rally related game stuff.. not wanting to debate on Forza not being a time, etc etc etc.  They have nice graphics and some pretty good licenses.

gfRally said:

If you really think about it, we are sounding like old people, recalling past times and telling stories about how it was when they were kids.  

Hey!!!! I resemble that remark!

Ugh, i hate the British accent that is incapable (unwilling) to pronounce "th" in a word.  It get's replaced with "fr" and people just sound stupid as the word "three" instantly becomes "free" which is worse still, as it's now another word entirely, not just a badly pronounced one!

/rant

Ugh, i hate the British accent that is incapable (unwilling) to pronounce "th" in a word.  It get's replaced with "fr" and people just sound stupid as the word "three" instantly becomes "free" which is worse still, as it's now another word entirely, not just a badly pronounced one!

/rant
Hahaha! I was really confused what you were talking about before watching the first 3 seconds.
"Battle against fe harsh weafver conditions."
gfRally said:
putting WRC 2017 aside, for now.  Just saw this footage.  I'm not a big Forza fan its a fun game to play with some not-so-serious friends of mine.  Nice rally cars in there, esp that Subie 

Please, this is just sharing rally related game stuff.. not wanting to debate on Forza not being a time, etc etc etc.  They have nice graphics and some pretty good licenses.
I think it looks great, especially the "snow" on the lens.
My big gripe is trying to figure out what this means: "not wanting to debate on Forza not being a time"

gfRally said:

Blizzard mountain is spectacular. Smallish map, but the price reflects that. They did the snow amazingly well. 

I honestly think within the next 5 years, turn10 and playground will be throwing their hat into a new ring. And go on to do a three year game cycle of their series. 

And I think we can all agree, having more rally games is always a good thing. So long as they aren't like slr or wrc. 

I really think turn10 and playground could do a proper job at this sort of game. They have the cash, they have the resources, and recent rally release have proven hardcore rally games are coming back bigger then before. 

And tbh, I'm just as excited about the next dirt game. I expect it 2017 3rd quarter or 2018 second quarter. I just really hope it's not a SD or gymkahana type deal. Then I'll be severly disapointed.

gfRally said:

Some of the cars jumps like the cars in CMR1 ;)

JZStudios said:

/rant
Hahaha! I was really confused what you were talking about before watching the first 3 seconds.
"Battle against fe harsh weafver conditions."
gfRally said:

My big gripe is trying to figure out what this means: "not wanting to debate on Forza not being a time"
"not wanting to debate on Forza not being a time" -> "not wanting to debate on Forza not being a sim" maybe?

And yeah, that trailer does look pretty nice...

"not wanting to debate on Forza not being a time" -> "not wanting to debate on Forza not being a sim" maybe?

Oops, yes it was supposed to read 'sim'.  

Seriously shouldn't be a debate, but somehow after a few posts it ends up that way.

gfRally said:

Seriously shouldn't be a debate, but somehow after a few posts it ends up that way.
Forza has all the fun value, with half the sim value.
According to that guy everyone hates slappy, the FFB is pretty good.

JZStudios said:
gfRally said:

Forza has all the fun value, with half the sim value.
According to that guy everyone hates slappy, the FFB is pretty good.
I had the best multiplayer experience ever in Forza 4. In a private league tho ofcourse. 

I linked the redbull poll a week ago & here the result.

The 10 best racing games of 2016, ranked
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331834457868/best-racing-games-of-2016-red-bull-games

MrDeap said:
I linked the redbull poll a week ago & here the result.

The 10 best racing games of 2016, ranked
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331834457868/best-racing-games-of-2016-red-bull-games
So with some simple addition, Codemasters titles took 40% of the votes!  Congrats!