DiRTy Gossip

From IGN "Modes include a Career option, daily, weekly and month-long challenges, and multiple ways to challenge friends. The game also includes "improved and realistic" damage modelling."

Azoresst said:
According to Eurogamer: "For more traditional rally, Dirt 4 boasts five locations - Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden and Wales"

So 3 new locations (from DR -  Michigan was present in D3, right?) but some dropped from DR.
Ah balls, where's my Finland gone to??

Traditional? Michegan?  Wa?? 

From IGN "Modes include a Career option, daily, weekly and month-long challenges, and multiple ways to challenge friends. The game also includes "improved and realistic" damage modelling."
Hope it also means Hot-Seat mode.

Azoresst said:
According to Eurogamer: "For more traditional rally, Dirt 4 boasts five locations - Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden and Wales"

So 3 new locations (from DR -  Michigan was present in D3, right?) but some dropped from DR.
I don't wanna be that guy but... only 5 locations for rally? I hope there will be more.

All the Wales stages are new, as well as Michigan. Wales and Sweden were the most technical of the locations (although didn't get a chance to try Sweden), but the Australian and Michigan stages were still fun and difficult. Spain was just tarmac as far as I'm aware, recognisable from the last few days of rally Spain 

bogani said:
Azoresst said:

I don't wanna be that guy but... only 5 locations for rally? I hope there will be more.
Yeah, but there's basically infinite stages! Plus I think 3 landrush and 6 rallycross tracks

Also, yeah I hope there will be more rally locations in the future including finland, monte carlo with more than just the col de turini and all that stuff, possible DLC? Even with a stage creator, some rally locations are just very unique

Can't believe they included "S1 E2" in the announcement. That has just ruined everything. 

I'm betting more rally locations could come as dlc...greece finland germany monaco...the works all done other than updating so hopefully they make a comeback!

All the Wales stages are new, as well as Michigan. Wales and Sweden were the most technical of the locations (although didn't get a chance to try Sweden), but the Australian and Michigan stages were still fun and difficult. Spain was just tarmac as far as I'm aware, recognisable from the last few days of rally Spain 
Did it feel as "pure" driving wise as DR or is it more in line with previous Dirts? What about stage width? 

Kinda sad if they scrapped the existing stages we have now. Are the new stages based on real ones or fantasy?

So many questions!

RX Lites were there as well.

tbtstt said:
Can't believe they included "S1 E2" in the announcement. That has just ruined everything. 
Pretty sure the current Pikes Peak car is also called S1 E2 Pikes Peak :P

Already trending on twitter! Well done guys!

Also, there's a free roam area in the game for practicing and other stuff

bogani said:
Azoresst said:

Yeah, but there's basically infinite stages! Plus I think 3 landrush and 6 rallycross tracks
5 rallycross tracks! ;-) 

Nice, very nice
and the 2015 WRX STI will be there ! and the R5 cars (at least the Fiesta)
improved physics sounds nice too!

Fewer rally locations is a bummer... but custom stages sounds super awesome !
Important question for the visitors: How long can you make those custom stages ? Like maximum length ? And do you know if you can save them and create some nice complete rally events from those featuring only long realistic stages ? that would be bonkers

And it being a main-release game from CM, we can probably count on Rally-location-DLC

Does anyone know if this is an evolved EGO or if it's a new engine?

KevM said:
It's definitely DiRT 4 more than DiRT Rally 2 in fairness
If the handling model is based on the one from DR that's no biggie.