Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

Well sounds good to me.

Re the track generator, I didn't buy grid 2 so don't know what that was like. I think the track generator will be poor. BUT if they don't try this sort of stuff they will not be able to push forwards and make it better in the future. It's the right way to go. I would prefer a "track creator" rather than a track generator though. It will be interesting to see how track generator works on consoles.

I hope the game has hardcore modes to keep the sim racers happy but also a Dirt 3 style handling to keep people who want a more arcade version happy. The controller handling in Dirt Rally was spot on for me. I also think it needs to have flashbacks. There isn't really a good arcade racer available on XB1/PS4 in my opinion at the moment, so producing one could result in some good sales.

bogani said:
I agree about the stages. I'm also disapointed that they ditch the "real" stages.
No they didn't. Real tracks AND a track creator.
Azoresst said:
 About "Your Stage" for those who tried it out, it's just a temporary thing or can we save them and drive later? WIll it be part on the career?
Save and drive later, save and give to your mates so they can drive it later

Real as in "Sweet Lamb" or real as in made by Codemasters? :)

Im not going into full bash mode by any stretch of the imagination.

We are the DiRT Rally community and the game is veering away from that.  We were never going to be 100% with anything that wasnt DiRT Rally 2, but that doesnt mean that we shouldnt look forward to the rally component of the game. 

I think the Random stage generator could throw up all sorts of 'unrehersed' awesome, but I still want my cars back!! 

:)

Azoresst said:
Some more info from @KickUp here: https://www.facebook.com/fiaworldrallycross/videos/1488366324509190/
Key info:

• Sim handling model evolved from Dirt Rally with better aerodynamics.
  • Drive the car to the clerk AFTER the stage finish.
  • Hand over hand steering animation.
  • Random time from red to green in RX.

So if they are going to throw cars out. Which ones do you guys think It will be? I have this feeling that they are going to throw out the 2010 class and replace it with an R5 class instead. Might be a bit farfetched but plausable due to the R5 fiesta being front and center

From DiRT facebook: " We've got PvP Rally and Team Development, and we're not going to suck anything pal.". So for those who asked, PvP Rally is a go.

And there'll be a "DiRT Show" next week.

bogani said:
Azoresst said:
Some more info from @KickUp here: https://www.facebook.com/fiaworldrallycross/videos/1488366324509190/
Key info:

• Sim handling model evolved from Dirt Rally with better aerodynamics.
  • Drive the car to the clerk AFTER the stage finish.
  • Hand over hand steering animation.
  • Random time from red to green in RX.
Notice he cut filming before the "your stage" section....

Possibly because there's no way to get pace notes correct, it's gonna be bad without a pace note utility, one of the ACTUAL most requested features.

You know... it's really disheartening when they claim to be listening to requests from people, when any of us who have been around since EA know what's actually been requested, and they give us one or two of the many things that's been asked. 

Also, I feel like this is rushed, I know the current engine is limited, but there's still some things that could be fixed. Doubly so now that it seems some of us may continue playing DR instead of whatever this beast ends up being.

So if they are going to throw cars out. Which ones do you guys think It will be? I have this feeling that they are going to throw out the 2010 class and replace it with an R5 class instead. Might be a bit farfetched but plausable due to the R5 fiesta being front and center
You have a good point. If there are going to be faster, more powerful, modern rally cars in the game, why have the R5 as your cover car?

My guess it that the top class for rally will be 2010 WRCs, maybe 2017 WRCs if they could somehow get the licenses for them. Or Dirt 4 will have R5s as top class, and they save the big guns (2017 WRCs) for Dirt Rally 2 in 2019.

I'm pretty sure they cut filming because they are going to release the dev dialry at a later date.
They've made literally ZERO mention of pace notes, one of the most important features of rally, which was, and still is, broken for the most part, amd without an open editor. You'd think that would me a major selling point.

I'm pretty sure they cut filming because they are going to release the dev dialry at a later date.
No. They obviously cut filming coz they knew what they were going to show sucked. *sarcasm*

bogani said:
No. They obviously cut filming coz they knew what they were going to show sucked. *sarcasm*
Yeah, because they'd hold back a super piece of awesome like an actual working procedurally generated rally stage with working pacenotes.

EDDSkitz said:
bogani said:
Yeah, because they'd hold back a super piece of awesome like an actual working procedurally generated rally stage with working pacenotes.
Or maybe it isnt finished yet because they game isnt out for 4 more months.

EDDSkitz said:
bogani said:
Or you know maybe, just maybe, they don't want to show actual gameplay by press filming with mobile cameras and want to show us at their terms.

Could you stop the hating please? We know very little about the game at the moment. Some of you sound like a entitled brat. Just wait, see and be thnkful for the next big rally game which in all indications might be better sim-wise than dirt rally.

Ferranis said:
Could you stop the hating please? We know very little about the game at the moment. Some of you sound like a entitled brat. Just wait, see and be thnkful for the next big rally game which in all indications might be better sim-wise than dirt rally.
It's called asking valid questions.... and I'm not gonna give in to the CM ball hangers that will slurp on anything they drip out. 

Plenty of people want a hardcore rally sim, we've had it to death with ANY sort of arcade crap ruining WHAT WE WANT in a title. YOU have gotten what you want repeatedly.... our turn.

Or not it seems.

Wow, that was sudden!

So I'll drop my few cents...
Like many of you I'm also a little bit disappointed that it's not DR2, mostly because I don't care about other disciplines than rally, and it's obvious there will be less rally in this sequel.
Track generator seems nice, but I don't see how the pacenotes are going to work (well I see cause it's working on UDP in DR (WIP) but they will have to be created manually by the player who generated the stage (distance, note1 note2 note3).
Nice to see switch for simulation/arcade - that's something that many players requested for a long time, I'd only add realistic/hardcore mode in there cause I'm a bit worried that the simulation will be less simulating than it was in DR.
 From the other point of view that could mean this is done so quickly just to make the finance more stable and we maybe can expect a DR sequel. 

Some direct quotes from Facebook

"We've got PvP Rally and Team Development, and we're not going to suck anything pal. "

"
The experience of DiRT 4 comes two ways, with gamer handling and sim handling. Gamer is like DiRT 3 but better, and Sim is DiRT Rally but better. :D Kris Meeke and Petter Solberg helped us developed the sim handling... and did we mention there's a near infinite amount of tracks?"

"
 Ken Block hasn't been anywhere near it, don't worry. "

https://www.facebook.com/dirtgame/videos/1350102418395656/ in the comments

Does it include DiRT Rally stages? Only read that monte and Finland arent included and I want to cry
Preorder DLC or something later probably ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Guys! This is a more fleshed out version of dirt rally. The sim handling is improved from dirt rally a lot and felt really good. The stages, even though generated, still felt like proper stages, and the pacenotes were absolutely fine. This game is a true successor to Dirt Rally, it just caters to a wider audience by having an optional arcade handling mode.

I cant wait to rally a car with improved physics on completely randomly generated Daily's!!  B)

I'm crazy excited for this. Can't wait for tomorrow's Road Book! 

While it's not DR2 as many of us wanted (including me), I don't mind the mixture of DR and the previous main titles. Sad to see Hillclimb and its cars go so for now my only wish is that there are plenty of rally stages outside of those that you can generate.

Regardless, I'll be there day one, that's for sure.