DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

urgaffel said:
It's in-game yes. It's got everything cranked up to 11 so the final product might not match it perfectly but it's damn close.
If D4 isn't too much more demanding than DR, I'll be playing it at 3 (and still enjoying it).

So....

I went to bed eagerly anticipating Hayden Paddon's Dirt Rally 2.0 New Zealand Real Estate Kebab in a 22b e2 Edition, and woke up to:

1) Kris Meeke
2) Dirt 4
3) AUSTRALIA (you're killing me Codemasters...)
4) NO REAL ESTATE.
5) NO MENTION OF KEBABS.

I was a teeny weeny bit gutted, if I'm honest....

But after trawling through the 1000 new pages, I get the feeling that we've reeeaaally been listened to on some key points:
1) Procedurally generated stages with stage notes (come on!)
2) Improved simulation physics (and arcade for the people who've been complaining on here)
3) IMMERSION:
dwkGravey said:
There were a lot of cool new features in the game, including a flying finish and driving up to the control boards, competitors crashing and breaking down in stages, so you would see spectators flag you down in the stage as you passed the crashed car, and probably some more I've forgotten!
OMG OMG OMG OMG
I'm definitely reserving judgement, but initial disappointment has quickly turned into excitement at the potential here (CAN I GET A NEW ZEALAND DLC PLZ) especially reading the experience of those who have actually played it.

Hopefully the damage modelling is much improved; lip service is given to trucks and buggies, and lots of good quality DLC content is released for expanding the rally experience.

I don't think there are actually any real life stages, think there may have been a communication error somewhere. All the stages are generated in Your Stage. The career mode stages are pre generated but not based on real world stages, just real world locations.

bogani said:
According to Racedepartment stages can be up to 18km in length.
At least a 1 km more :) always something :D

I hope the modern cars can beat the group bs on stages like in real-life. So far, group b has been too quick.
bogani said:
Are there any hope for older WRC spec cars without the WRC branding?
Unfortunately no. Somebody may correct me if I'm wrong.

WHEN WILL WE HAVE D4 DLC???!!!

;)  :#                                                                 

I don't think there are actually any real life stages, think there may have been a communication error somewhere. All the stages are generated in Your Stage. The career mode stages are pre generated but not based on real world stages, just real world locations.
Well, that's beat and completely ruins it for a ton of us.... 

If that is indeed the case, this kills the game for me. Well, I may be buying it purely for the RX side then, that is if the WRX Supercars will be included in, and specifically the Audi S1 WRX.

versedi said:
bogani said:
According to Racedepartment stages can be up to 18km in length.
At least a 1 km more :) always something :D
Which means it's the same engine..... where did all that money go then? No real mapped tracks, a bunch of vehicles nobody cares about, and the same limited old engine.

Sounds like a money grab if I've ever heard one.

Interesting. So there'll still be a place for Dirt Rally when you want to jump Colin's Crest.

I wonder if anyone at CM plays much Rallyman? ;)

BadD0g said:
BadD0g said:
From today's Road Book:
ChristinaMc said:
G’day! 
AUSTRALIA STAGES CONFIRMED
Freakin' called it!
Haha! I couldn't remember who posted this, but glad you found it! I remember everyone just dismissed it and thought that it was just a coincidence!

Hooe everyone's questions have been answered for now, I'm away all weekend so I'll leave it up to the others to do it!

Wonderful!!!! that was unexpected... so we are going to get an Evo V at least well modelled than the ones for Milestone's games. This new DiRT 4 kinda reminds of the first DiRT with a variously huge selection of cars, disciplines and tracks which would make the game much more authentic. Good work, Codies! We just cannot wait for this to be installed within PCs first lol

That is a bummer. I'm sure the generated stages can be awesome, but I doubt they will have the same soul and attention to detail the current stages has.

And I still don't get why no older spec WRC machinery could be licensed. 

Anyways, exciting times! Hopefully we will have more info soon.

I really wouldn't worry too much about not having real stages, the stages in the game were very good, and I probably wouldn't have known that they weren't real unless someone told me

bogani said:
That is a bummer. I'm sure the generated stages can be awesome, but I doubt they will have the same soul and attention to detail the current stages has.

Exciting if you're getting a check from CM... 

And I'm sure this "game" will be great... for those who it was built for, not the people who bought the previous title. Glad I got it cheap during EA.... 

You  chaps need to check this for more details about the new DiRT title or am I late for this?? 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/421020

EDDSkitz said:
bogani said:

Exciting if you're getting a check from CM... 

And I'm sure this "game" will be great... for those who it was built for, not the people who bought the previous title. Glad I got it cheap during EA.... 
Christ what are you on about? None of us were paid for our visit to codemasters, we went because we were fans of the game, and passionate about rally! Dirt 4 has a lot of the soul of Dirt Rally, it's just been scaled up for a bigger market. If you liked dirt rally, you will like dirt 4. If not, go moan somewhere else

The Your Stage feature is the true essence of rallying though, not stages you drive over and over again and can learn after 5 trys like a race circuit.

With Your Stage you have to listen to the co-driver, you never know what's coming up. It's absolutely brilliant.  

bogani said:

As far as i;m aware there will be the 01 and 07 Focus and the 01 Impreza WRC

EDDSkitz said:
Okay. Feel free to close this tab then.

I was under the impression that a certain amount of stages created by CM themselves of varying difficulty and length followed with those five locations. So, there are no ''set stages'' at all, created by CM themselves but rather everything is generated by 'Your Stage'? 

bogani said:

As far as i;m aware there will be the 01 and 07 Focus and the 01 Impreza WRC
Then, they just couldn't get the 2010s ones?