Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

We met him at the AutoSport show a couple of years ago, I was tempted to ask him to call a "2 right thiiiirty"  B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:

I had a very quick play with the replay features yesterday. I noticed that there are now options for fixing the external cameras in the replay. So you could chose to "cycle" or stick with "helicopter" or "trackside".
I was playing DiRT Rally in VR yesterday and noticed during a replay that the trackside cam switches from the car approaching to the car leaving the scene when the car drives past, which is normal on a monitor, but I tried to follow the car with my head but then it switched automaticly. If  DiRT 4 gets VR support (I really hope it will, I bought my VR headset purely for DiRT Rally AND it's successors) it would be nice if you can turn the camera/your head  yourself during replays. Together with fixing to trackside this would make the ultimate rally spectating simulator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:

I had a very quick play with the replay features yesterday. I noticed that there are now options for fixing the external cameras in the replay. So you could chose to "cycle" or stick with "helicopter" or "trackside".
I was playing DiRT Rally in VR yesterday and noticed during a replay that the trackside cam switches from the car approaching to the car leaving the scene when the car drives past, which is normal on a monitor, but I tried to follow the car with my head but then it switched automaticly. If  DiRT 4 gets VR support (I really hope it will, I bought my VR headset purely for DiRT Rally AND it's successors) it would be nice if you can turn the camera/your head  yourself during replays. Together with fixing to trackside this would make the ultimate rally spectating simulator.
True. Think a fixed camera within the crowds on RX events using VR to follow the action. Dayum! @KickUp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
zoliRX said:

'morning @Kick_Up! Could you explain the absence of the modern WRC cars, if possible? Is it the FIA dicking around with the license or is there some exclusivity involved that stopped you from attaing it?

Yep, basically that. It's sad but that's how some roll
@KickUp  It is really sad indeed, but if the FIA really want to reduce the potential popularity of the sport... Regardless, hope you had better luck with the R5s. May I suggest, for WRCs that you try and get cars from manufacturers that may cooperate better. I've heard that both the 01 and 07 Focus are in and the 01 Impreza. You could go for a second Subaru that Petter drove, like this:



And the Peugeot you had on your wall, the 307:


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could go for a second Subaru that Petter drove, like this:



Useless Impreza factoid: the above is the '06 car and it was plagued with issues. Would love to see the '07 WRCar (the S12b) make the cut!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
zoliRX said:

'morning @Kick_Up! Could you explain the absence of the modern WRC cars, if possible? Is it the FIA dicking around with the license or is there some exclusivity involved that stopped you from attaing it?

Yep, basically that. It's sad but that's how some roll
If VW don't get the 2017 car into WRC (although it might via a privateer route), could you get that one? lol...

Toyota would be the one manufacturer I'd like to see, although it's all dependant on licensing. Thanks @KickUp for being so honest with your response above. You could always keep us in the loop as to which manufacturers you can't get onboard (if not the reasons why), that might manage people's expectations (to use a horrible management quote!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
zoliRX said:

'morning @Kick_Up! Could you explain the absence of the modern WRC cars, if possible? Is it the FIA dicking around with the license or is there some exclusivity involved that stopped you from attaing it?

Yep, basically that. It's sad but that's how some roll
So what exactly are we talking about here and where do we draw the line with modern? Are older spec WRC's like the 01/07 Focus still in the game or are these ruled out as well? Is it just cars from the 2010 and after that are unattainable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
KickUp said:
zoliRX said:

'morning @Kick_Up! Could you explain the absence of the modern WRC cars, if possible? Is it the FIA dicking around with the license or is there some exclusivity involved that stopped you from attaing it?

Yep, basically that. It's sad but that's how some roll
So what exactly are we talking about here and where do we draw the line with modern? Are older spec WRC's like the 01/07 Focus still in the game or are these ruled out as well? Is it just cars from the 2010 and after that are unattainable?
That's right. The '01 Impreza and Focus were in the build we saw, as was the '07 Focus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
With Dirt 4 appealing to a broader audience, I think we can bet DLC will be a thing this time around....I'm betting we get more locations later down the road....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
KickUp said:
zoliRX said:

'morning @Kick_Up! Could you explain the absence of the modern WRC cars, if possible? Is it the FIA dicking around with the license or is there some exclusivity involved that stopped you from attaing it?

Yep, basically that. It's sad but that's how some roll
So what exactly are we talking about here and where do we draw the line with modern? Are older spec WRC's like the 01/07 Focus still in the game or are these ruled out as well? Is it just cars from the 2010 and after that are unattainable?
That's right. The '01 Impreza and Focus were in the build we saw, as was the '07 Focus. 
That would mean there's at least hope for older WRC spec machines as DLC?

GC8 WRC - there is still hope! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The amount of cars that were in the build was about half of what we'll see in the final version. And with the 2010+ cars removed there is more space for some of the older cars to make those classes more complete. I would love to see the Peugeot 206 and the Seat Cordoba join the Subaru and Focus!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Areyouben said:
The amount of cars that were in the build was about half of what we'll see in the final version. And with the 2010+ cars removed there is more space for some of the older cars to make those classes more complete. I would love to see the Peugeot 206 and the Seat Cordoba join the Subaru and Focus!
So what will the top class be? I really do enjoy throwing the 2010 cars around the forests of wales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wfwr26 said:
Areyouben said:
The amount of cars that were in the build was about half of what we'll see in the final version. And with the 2010+ cars removed there is more space for some of the older cars to make those classes more complete. I would love to see the Peugeot 206 and the Seat Cordoba join the Subaru and Focus!
So what will the top class be? I really do enjoy throwing the 2010 cars around the forests of wales
I think the top class will be R5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wfwr26 said:
Areyouben said:
The amount of cars that were in the build was about half of what we'll see in the final version. And with the 2010+ cars removed there is more space for some of the older cars to make those classes more complete. I would love to see the Peugeot 206 and the Seat Cordoba join the Subaru and Focus!
So what will the top class be? I really do enjoy throwing the 2010 cars around the forests of wales
I think the top class will be R5
But if there will be 2000s WRCs then aren't those quicker than R5s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You could say the same about the Group B cars.

But I think it will be a good call to put the R5 on top if they do. There are many championships around the workld that put R5 as the top class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You could say the same about the Group B cars.

But I think it will be a good call to put the R5 on top if they do. There are many championships around the workld that put R5 as the top class.
I think Group B is still slower than the R5 class. I recall Malcolm Wilson saying that an R5 is about a second a kilometer slower than a 1.6 liter WRC (pre-2017). Since modern WRCs can kick Group B's behind, R5s, being not much slower, should be able to as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@tbtstt

So, stilll no freakin' Audi in the SuperCar roaster? I like the guy, and I like the car... but I will not like them anymore hehehehe

Maybe today I find them here in my town (it's the FIA RX prize giving in Oporto) and have a little rant with them xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Id nearly prefer the guys kept it under wraps til nearer the release date, its ages away  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh, one day without reading gossip thread... heh.

I'm really glad for a new game announcement, and I like that I saw so far.
I have some questions:
1. Will there be more FWD cars?
2. I'm interested about game soundtrack. Any info about this? Licensed/Original/Both? If Original, who is composer?
3. Pikes Peak?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sqdstr said:
One big question though:

Did group A from DR survive?

I guess it did since the Lancer Evo VI is a group A car? Please tell me we still have the 555? Maybe even the real works model?
There was a gameplay video from the announcment event, you could see some shots of the competitors cars, there was the Lancer Evo VI (which was driven by the player), Impreza 1995, Delta HF Integrale and Escort RS Cosworth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh, one day without reading gossip thread... heh.

I'm really glad for a new game announcement, and I like that I saw so far.
I have some questions:
1. Will there be more FWD cars?
2. I'm interested about game soundtrack. Any info about this? Licensed/Original/Both? If Original, who is composer?
3. Pikes Peak?
1. Yes
2. Licensed
3. No (not licensed to us anymore)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@KickUp  I've heard from the testers you have the 2001 Impreza WRC, I wonder if you've changed the interior to the correct one? I believe you had the interior from a 98-99 one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
https://postimg.org/image/hhkn2nhm5/

not sure who has seen that but should help silence the its just a arcade version.caters for all bring on dirt 4 !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×