DiRTy Gossip

I have said it many times, DiRT Rally was a very Solo game to play.  DiRT 4 is bringing the social competition back & thats good news!
Stage rehearsal was always a problem in a rally game and one I could never think of a solution to, but that's been nailed too!
If the guys nail the lateral grip levels in Sim mode, Id be well chuffed.  
Solve the age-old PC thing that I dont concern myself with these days (if cross-platform scoring is to be implemented), the new game is a winner on all counts in my eyes.  

Yeah, the Fiesta R5 is my favourite too, seen it a couple times but I wish at least the Fabia R5 could make into the game.

mp was the real big thing not being catered for.this game will bring that what is missing. this has best rally and car game possibly ever.

Shame about Pikes Peak, *whoever* has it now definitely isn't going to do as good of a job as CM did.... 

Wondering the possibilities of patching the existing maps into the game at a later date after licensing was sorted.

But at this pace, we'd have a new game by then, lol.

All this licensing crap is getting old... wouldn't the WRC and FIA want to hold more than one sponsorship? Especially with a better game? Sure it's up to the developers too, but if they want that sponsor money, they need to follow their call. That said, still smells like larger organizations tampering, as usual. 

Azoresst said:
@tbtstt Do you have any idea how many R5 cars are already licensed? @RallyDriven mentioned 4 or 5 cars on that class but didn't quite remember how many they were and which were licensed.
@Rallycameraman mentioned on racedepartment a 208 r5, so i think the other r5 car from PSA will be in the game, too! 

@RallyDriven @Rallycameraman  So, did you spot 3, 4 or 5 R5 cars? tbtstt says only 3 while you say higher. Me confused....

phil94ma said:
Azoresst said:
@tbtstt Do you have any idea how many R5 cars are already licensed? @RallyDriven mentioned 4 or 5 cars on that class but didn't quite remember how many they were and which were licensed.
@Rallycameraman mentioned on racedepartment a 208 r5, so i think the other r5 car from PSA will be in the game, too! 
I'm sure @Rallycameraman will have remembered it correctly: he made a beeline for the R5 class while my priority was the rallycross car list! 

phil94ma said:
Azoresst said:
Hum I don't think that we will get the Citroen DS3 R5, I remember that one of the reasons that we didn't get the DS3 WRC on DR it was because the car was attached with the DS brand and not with Citroen (for licensing purposes) and I believe it's the same deal with the R5. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me! :smile:

Few more info here: http://www.topgear.com/car-news/gaming/dirt-4-has-more-rally-stages-you-can-ever-play

It says the team picked 300 stages for career mode, sounds promising!

tbtstt said:
phil94ma said:
Azoresst said:
I'm sure @Rallycameraman will have remembered it correctly: he made a beeline for the R5 class while my priority was the rallycross car list! 
There were 3 available at the event in November with a 4th to be added if the licence could be sought. 

tbtstt said:
phil94ma said:
Azoresst said:
There were 3 available at the event in November with a 4th to be added if the licence could be sought. 
Hope they get the license sorted: willing to bet it's the Skoda.

tbtstt said:
phil94ma said:
Azoresst said:
Cheers for confirming @Rallycameraman: was sure I'd only seen three when we there in November, but thought I must be forgetting something!

One little question for those who went last November. Can you put the car in first gear right away this time when you're standing still? That might have been my biggest pet peeve (next to the lack of clutch override in hairpins, but that was added). Spinning or crashing the car while in 6th gear and having to go trough all of them to get to 1st or reverse. :neutral: I understand that h-pattern would be slow if you would go trough all the gears in a sequential way, but it would be nice if you could go from 6th to 1st with one downshift if your car is doing less then 5 mph or so. Or maybe a function where you press both shifters (up and down at the same time) or a seperate button to get to neutral.

Hmmm... @KickUp, Would it be possible to create a bespoke 2017 spec WRC car? Essentially just make a car that follows the 2017 tech regs and call it the CM17 WRC or something. This way there would be no licensing issues with the FIA or manufacturers. Just a thought, because damn those 2017 cars look like fun to drive!

Azoresst said:
@Rallycameraman and what about the R2 class, anything that you can say about that?
I think there were 3 of those available in November too. I only drove one of them. A German car it was. 

Hmmm... @KickUp, Would it be possible to create a bespoke 2017 spec WRC car? Essentially just make a car that follows the 2017 tech regs and call it the CM17 WRC or something. This way there would be no licensing issues with the FIA or manufacturers. Just a thought, because damn those 2017 cars look like fun to drive!
I agree 110% with this!

Azoresst said:
@Rallycameraman and what about the R2 class, anything that you can say about that?
I think there were 3 of those available in November too. I only drove one of them. A German car it was. 
Opel Adam R2 guys....

Azoresst said:

I think Chris Ingram will be happy with this one! :smiley:

Areyouben said:
One little question for those who went last November. Can you put the car in first gear right away this time when you're standing still? That might have been my biggest pet peeve (next to the lack of clutch override in hairpins, but that was added). Spinning or crashing the car while in 6th gear and having to go trough all of them to get to 1st or reverse. :neutral: I understand that h-pattern would be slow if you would go trough all the gears in a sequential way, but it would be nice if you could go from 6th to 1st with one downshift if your car is doing less then 5 mph or so. Or maybe a function where you press both shifters (up and down at the same time) or a seperate button to get to neutral.
In DiRT Rally, if you press and hold the downshift, it goes straight to 1st gear

Didzis said:
Areyouben said:
In DiRT Rally, if you press and hold the downshift, it goes straight to 1st gear
Why am I only learning this now :astonished:

I never thought I'd envy a dude wearing a beanie.
You would if you were cold.
Still no answer to the ACAT... being one of 3 people that's excited for buggies and trucks... seems like those 3 stages will get burnt out pretty quickly.

Found more gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BtOwGhLIXc                                 

Solberg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQbwTjcmvio