DiRTy Gossip

Wish there was a way to share set-ups on console...or be nice if some of the fast guys on steam would upload screen shots of their sets...no way for us to extract that info on ps4.

KevM said:
JorritVD said:
Dirtfish area seems nice on Google Maps for testing:
https://www.google.nl/maps/place/DirtFish+Rally+School/@47.5403885,-121.8179916,1070m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x54907960d2864929:0xca46faae778192fd!8m2!3d47.537936!4d-121.8115237

Some nice clips which give a good impression. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX5SLzesuSw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxuVtL1g-aQ
Its all about the big slides!!

@KickUp would increasing/multiplying just the overall horizontal g-force values not spice the handling up a bit in a desirable way?  Shouldn't affect the current weight or aero values at all, but you could overcome the max tyre corner grip a lot more with power/ braking inputs.  Driving Balance and weight shift would be more important and simulation of the tyres x/y grip limits would be more life-like?  

In the replay videos, buggy or Rally, the players/drivers can stomp on the brakes into a hairpin while turning in & it all just happens.  
If the horizontal g force was larger, turn in would be virtually non-existent until braking/g is decreased, which would then settle the weight & let the car turn in.  Corner g force would then start to increase marginally as the car leans & jumping on the power would cause increasing corner g while tyre grip would be maxed accelerating the car forward, & big awd power slide/under/oversteer (driven wheels dependent) in the direction of the g force as lateral tyre grip would be overcome

A shitload of understeer in those videos if you ask me ;)

Can we pretty please have the footage you guys sent to the press (Ford with DiRT 4 livery,  crosscars, Mitsubishi rain, Peugeot 205, Subaru). The "press" people or youtubers talk over it and the video quality suffers a lot too.
I really wanna hear the sounds.

KickUp said:
IvanCRO95 said:
@KickUp
2 Quick questions.
1. Will there be a FOV slider for consoles?
2. Can we set the timer without popups on splits?

1) Unlikely as FOV affects frame rate too much on console
2) not sure what you mean by this. 

I guess most people want to be able to lower the FOV. Only a bigger FOV should impact FPS or am I wrong?

We will have the DirtFish school grounds to test and tune our setups too.  So outside of the time/trial and error to find what performs well we should be able to work out the details.  Too bad the trails area of DirtFish isn't available it would help tuning on the gravel stages, i think we only are getting the main buildings area.  @KickUp is this correct? 

That reminds me. Was licensing in the way for dirtfish to be made into a rallycross circuit? It was the best track in the GRC. It would be cool to have it.

That reminds me. Was licensing in the way for dirtfish to be made into a rallycross circuit? It was the best track in the GRC. It would be cool to have it.
The only one Subaru ever won at, "Great Race Crashes" :( 

@KevM Thats what I love about that car, the only way through a corner on default setup is sideways in that, its great to just throw around :)

@KickUp With Dirt4 having more of a fleshed out online component, whats the possibility of it becoming an eSports game? WRC has it for their game but I don't really have any interest in that as I don't think its a great game personally. I would absolutely jump at the chance of a D4 eSports league!

bogani said:
A shitload of understeer in those videos if you ask me ;)
All goes hand-in-hand!  

Might have been asked already, but going through the entire thread to find that one answer seems... a bit loony, to say the least. haha.

It's a bit of a weird one, but is there any chance of you doing an option to have yourself as a co-driver @KickUp ? It would add a feel of consistency from DiRT Rally for me personally and I personally feel you're one of the best co-drivers we've had in a rally game. Nothing against Nicky Grist, of course, though!

If it's too late in the development cycle or it's just not something you'd want to do, that's grand too, but I don't think it's too far fetched a question. :smile:

DalekSam said:
Might have been asked already, but going through the entire thread to find that one answer seems... a bit loony, to say the least. haha.

It's a bit of a weird one, but is there any chance of you doing an option to have yourself as a co-driver @KickUp ? It would add a feel of consistency from DiRT Rally for me personally and I personally feel you're one of the best co-drivers we've had in a rally game. Nothing against Nicky Grist, of course, though!

If it's too late in the development cycle or it's just not something you'd want to do, that's grand too, but I don't think it's too far fetched a question. :smile:
I read that first as us having the option of ourselves as co-driver...I think I would annoy the absolute hell out of myself if I was co-driving also, would be arguing with myself xD

human1101 said:
@KickUp  what class will that white 205 in the of screen gameplay videos be in?
Our class system has changed a bit so it is in a H2 Historic FWD class

bogani said:
I guess most people want to be able to lower the FOV. Only a bigger FOV should impact FPS or am I wrong?
Its not as simple as that sadly

gfRally said:
We will have the DirtFish school grounds to test and tune our setups too.  So outside of the time/trial and error to find what performs well we should be able to work out the details.  Too bad the trails area of DirtFish isn't available it would help tuning on the gravel stages, i think we only are getting the main buildings area.  @KickUp is this correct? 
Yeah, its the open areas and buildings that we are representing.

Yes.

@KevM Thats what I love about that car, the only way through a corner on default setup is sideways in that, its great to just throw around :)

@KickUp With Dirt4 having more of a fleshed out online component, whats the possibility of it becoming an eSports game? WRC has it for their game but I don't really have any interest in that as I don't think its a great game personally. I would absolutely jump at the chance of a D4 eSports league!
We are putting more tools in the game should people want to use DiRT 4 for eSport style events, but ultimately its up to the broadcasters and the players to say whether they want to use DiRT 4 for that.

DalekSam said:

I did some co driving when we were prototyping the system but we've decided to focus on the professional drivers for DiRT 4.

I read that first as us having the option of ourselves as co-driver...I think I would annoy the absolute hell out of myself if I was co-driving also, would be arguing with myself xD
Hah! I've had to live with it since 2013.

KickUp said:

We are putting more tools in the game should people want to use DiRT 4 for eSport style events, but ultimately its up to the broadcasters and the players to say whether they want to use DiRT 4 for that.
Sounds good, hopefully it gets picked up! Not really sure how these things get going.

Keep up the great work, especially replying to everyones questions in here. Can't tell you how much we appreciate it :)

KickUp said:

esports and car games is the next big thing.the games need to suit it. rally and rally cross could work well some games are having big money prizes.money and prizes is what gets many big players involved and interest.

look at the vegas event recently. top guy got $200,000 in prize money every one in the race got a guarenteed 20,000 dollars just for being in the event.

what we do need is a great cam package to show all the angles and FREE CAM ! it needs to be able to be viewed at all angles or all the most exciting ones.
number of decent players leagues ladders comps would need to work . some games just dont translate.if the prizes , money for the events were decent though you would get probably the best turn out.

the random map generator could be great for this make fast technical exciting comp tracks.

anticheat for any events or leagues would really need to be top notch.if big money or events are on you cant allow what happened in dirt rally. too easy to get around. also even now in pro events in cs and such people are getting round it.

do hope that some sorts of leagues and such do happen.aslong as the anticheat is top notch.

@KickUp  I know that not all cars from DiRT Rally will be coming to the new game. About the classic cars, will there also be some absentees?

dgeesi0 said:
KickUp said:

esports and car games is the next big thing.the games need to suit it. rally and rally cross could work well some games are having big money prizes.money and prizes is what gets many big players involved and interest.

look at the vegas event recently. top guy got $200,000 in prize money every one in the race got a guarenteed 20,000 dollars just for being in the event.

what we do need is a great cam package to show all the angles and FREE CAM ! it needs to be able to be viewed at all angles or all the most exciting ones.
number of decent players leagues ladders comps would need to work . some games just dont translate.if the prizes , money for the events were decent though you would get probably the best turn out.

the random map generator could be great for this make fast technical exciting comp tracks.

anticheat for any events or leagues would really need to be top notch.if big money or events are on you cant allow what happened in dirt rally. too easy to get around. also even now in pro events in cs and such people are getting round it.

do hope that some sorts of leagues and such do happen.aslong as the anticheat is top notch.
It could definitely work well if done properly. Having CREST up on the screen live at an event would also be cool so you can see what they're doing as they're going along.