DiRTy Gossip

dgeesi0 said:
KickUp said:
@KevM Thats what I love about that car, the only way through a corner on default setup is sideways in that, its great to just throw around :)

@KickUp With Dirt4 having more of a fleshed out online component, whats the possibility of it becoming an eSports game? WRC has it for their game but I don't really have any interest in that as I don't think its a great game personally. I would absolutely jump at the chance of a D4 eSports league!
We are putting more tools in the game should people want to use DiRT 4 for eSport style events, but ultimately its up to the broadcasters and the players to say whether they want to use DiRT 4 for that.
esports and car games is the next big thing.the games need to suit it. rally and rally cross could work well some games are having big money prizes.money and prizes is what gets many big players involved and interest.

look at the vegas event recently. top guy got $200,000 in prize money every one in the race got a guarenteed 20,000 dollars just for being in the event.

what we do need is a great cam package to show all the angles and FREE CAM ! it needs to be able to be viewed at all angles or all the most exciting ones.
number of decent players leagues ladders comps would need to work . some games just dont translate.if the prizes , money for the events were decent though you would get probably the best turn out.

the random map generator could be great for this make fast technical exciting comp tracks.

anticheat for any events or leagues would really need to be top notch.if big money or events are on you cant allow what happened in dirt rally. too easy to get around. also even now in pro events in cs and such people are getting round it.

do hope that some sorts of leagues and such do happen.aslong as the anticheat is top notch.
Wasn't that Vegas event completely borked? There were ridiculous values and some guy legally cheated his way to the win, then got bumped back down.

@KickUp I'm guessing its still a bit early to say, but should we expect system requirements more similar to F1 2016 or Dirt Rally? I'm getting ready for a complete PC overhaul and D4 is on the priority list!

chukonu said:
Can we pretty please have the footage you guys sent to the press (Ford with DiRT 4 livery,  crosscars, Mitsubishi rain, Peugeot 205, Subaru). The "press" people or youtubers talk over it and the video quality suffers a lot too.
I really wanna hear the sounds.
Gamereactor has the videos with no one talking over them.

Slightly off topic, Project Cars 2 trailed 'leaked', seems to contain RX which I think is Holjes but it has JUST the Mini Countryman RX.

So @kickup has nothing to worry about :)

Slightly off topic, Project Cars 2 trailed 'leaked', seems to contain RX which I think is Holjes but it has JUST the Mini Countryman RX.

So @kickup has nothing to worry about :)
That yellow Ferrari 288 GTO looks delicious !

It's Hell in Norway trailed so far, at least. Not sure about Holjes. Can't say I'm holding out too much hope for PC2, trying to be a bit too much of a jack of all trades IMO.

Hey, @KickUp! Can you (possibly) confirm that the PPIHC license is now exclusive to another developer/game and if it's the reason for its' absence?

The Eurogamer article got me intrigued.  

Jepsertti said:
Busterbvi said:
KickUp said:
chukonu said:
Either it was tactfully dodged or you just happened to miss it @KickUp
In case it's the latter, will there be more or will there be less than 7 Group B rallycars (there were seven of them in DR) in D4?
There will still be seven Group B rally cars in DiRT 4 but one will be getting a makeover.

We also have Group B Rallycross cars

@KickUp. Sorry but I cant help myself, this will be my last post on this topic in this thread, I swear ! Your reply to chukonu above gives me an idea for a compromise that might work to keep all parties concerned happy. Give the current Mk2 a makeover !  I'm not a graphic designer but can't imagine it would be a lot of work ? If you can make it look and sound like a works Group 4 Mk2, I will be quite happy, I can live with the IRS and other stuff that's hidden out of sight. All that needs to be done to tidy up the current car is .............

1/ Remove the hideous roof scoop.
2/ Fit forest mudflaps front & rear.
3/ Correct size 13 inch wheels.
4/ Four Cibie Oscars or Carello's on the front.
5/ Coms aerial mid roof.
6/ Replace plastic door widows with glass.
7/ Correct dashboard interior.
8/ Door mirrors both sides.
9/ A narrower windscreen sunstrip.
10/ Correct shape wheel arches.
11/ Most importantly, a nice sound pack of the BDA / BDG on Webbers. It was revealed some time ago on here that the current Mk2 sound
is from a 60's Datsun roadster !!??

If it looks right and sounds right, its good enough for me. I am confident that members that like the car in its current form will love it.

It's only right and proper that this iconic and much loved machine is properly represented in D4.

Tell me what your favorite biscuits are and I will place a bulk order for the whole car dev team .....  ;)

If you get it looking like this, it's job done !

Kind of like the model I've edited for my renders from the model we have in DiRT Rally? :D

Have you posted that skin anywhere we can use in DiRT Rally?

zoliRX said:
Hey, @KickUp! Can you (possibly) confirm that the PPIHC license is now exclusive to another developer/game and if it's the reason for its' absence?

The Eurogamer article got me intrigued.  
Pretty sure it's Gran Turismo that owns the license now.

@KickUp

First of all, I wanted to thank you and your team for being so involved with the community with the development of DiRT. My experience with Dirt Rally Early Access was so refreshing, and made me feel like a part of the team.

A few questions if you've got the time and are able to comment on:
  1. Will we see a return of the 60's FWD cars in the historic rally, specifically the Mini Cooper S?
  2. Will the ability to change controller bindings and game preferences mid-race still be available? i.e. switch from auto to manual gears, change FOV, etc
  3. Have the FOV, and camera adjustments on PC been tweaked to allow for further adjustments compared to D.R.?
  4. Are there any plans to include special liveries for owners of DiRT Rally and/or D.R. Early Access participants?
  5. Can we choose weather conditions and time of day for the Joyride mode at DirtFish?
Thank you so much!

bogani said:
Any chance on more F2's?  o:)

Game is 15 F2's too short.
I second this. More kit cars would be wounderful
I will third this, but add that I would take some R2 cars over more F2 cars!

A Fiesta ST in R2 spec would be brilliant IMO.

@KickUp

- There will be any " unique Pace Notes"? Like ex: Co-Driver yelling at us when we crash, or congratulating us when we beat a Stage Time... That kind of stuff. If yes, please make sure they will only play once in awhile, or they won't be "unique" anymore.

- Apart from Competitors crashed on the side of the Stage, there will be any Wild Life ( or any other kind of Random Events ) crossing the Stages? This kind of litle ( big ) details is what makes the immersion even bigger, me thinks :p

Thank you so much for all the answers to all of us, really appreciated :)

Alf72 said:

@KickUp

- There will be any " unique Pace Notes"? Like ex: Co-Driver yelling at us when we crash, or congratulating us when we beat a Stage Time... That kind of stuff. If yes, please make sure they will only play once in awhile, or they won't be "unique" anymore.

- Apart from Competitors crashed on the side of the Stage, there will be any Wild Life ( or any other kind of Random Events ) crossing the Stages? This kind of litle ( big ) details is what makes the immersion even bigger, me thinks :p

There are some bits of information that the co-driver will relay to you sometimes before the start of a stage. 

enamel said:
bogani said:
Any chance on more F2's?  o:)

Game is 15 F2's too short.
I second this. More kit cars would be wounderful
I will third this, but add that I would take some R2 cars over more F2 cars!

A Fiesta ST in R2 spec would be brilliant IMO.
I will second this too.

We need more FWD in general

Alf72 said:

@KickUp

There are some bits of information that the co-driver will relay to you sometimes before the start of a stage. 

Maybe when we crash we just hear a lot of beeps from Jen or Nicky , or as Travis Pastrana famously asked his codriver 'are you dead?' Repeatedly 

I believe I heard somewhere there will be an R2 class? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I also hope they won't go overboard with the retired vehichles on the side of the road. Like 4 every stage ;)

gfRally said:
Alf72 said:

@KickUp

Maybe when we crash we just hear a lot of beeps from Jen or Nicky , or as Travis Pastrana famously asked his codriver 'are you dead?' Repeatedly 
https://youtu.be/kEIfp1Uvoqc

Alf72 said:

@KickUp

Like how he's Mr. Smooth and you're Mr. Steady?

bogani said:

I also hope they won't go overboard with the retired vehichles on the side of the road. Like 4 every stage ;)
This.
But Monte Carlo isn't in this one??  :D

Alf72 said:

@KickUp

"You have to concentrate Samir please!"

Aw they got Chicherit's rat look Mini.

bogani said:

As long as the retired car on the side of the road will affect the actuial leaderboard I wouldn't really mind how many cars that sit on the side of the road. I hope we'll see some heavy crashes too.

bogani said:

As long as the retired car on the side of the road will affect the actuial leaderboard I wouldn't really mind how many cars that sit on the side of the road. I hope we'll see some heavy crashes too.
That too, I hope it's not always just a smoking engine. Binned cars in ditches and cars on jacks missing wheels would greatly add to the variety and specialness of the events.