DiRTy Gossip

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

Personally i would turn it up more in forest stages, especially antilag and backfires could bumped, but thats MY opinion.  
Everything is better with more antilag. Fact. 
I think turbos should be banned. All cars should be NA with webers/solex/mikunis instead.

The world would be a better place. For me. Not the climate.

There are people, like me, who actually like the sound of Turbo-Engines. I mean, I have nothing against a good V8 (Shelby GT350, F-Type SVR... ), but: A good sounding turbocharged car at it's limit just gives you the sound equivalent of  "Intense", it really sounds like this very engine is right now giving all it can. The spooling turbine on acceleration ads some aviation flare, too. Like a jet-turbine in your engine-bay (Although a Eurofighter Typhoon is admittably a tiny bit louder when standing next to it on liftoff XD)

And let's not forget the whistling, when the boost pressure falls off .

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

Personally i would turn it up more in forest stages, especially antilag and backfires could bumped, but thats MY opinion.  
Everything is better with more antilag. Fact. 
I think turbos should be banned. All cars should be NA with webers/solex/mikunis instead.

The world would be a better place. For me. Not the climate.
As much as I love the sound of a good NA engine, turbos provide us with the sweet sound of  both anti-lag and turbo flutter, so I am afraid I have to protest at your ban. 

Busterbvi said:
bogani said:
There is reverb present in Dirt Rally. It's most noticeable during cartain camera angles during replay. The best example while driving is through the tunnel in Monte.

I think most if not all cars we have seen are final when it comes to sound. Just mixing tweaks left.

Interesting, I have never noticed it and I have a good 5.1 surround system. If it is there, it needs to be well enhanced, in reality, in the right conditions, the reverb sound overwhelms everything, Hairs on neck stand up, awesome sound, quite a rush !

A good 5.1 system is only as good as its setup between amplifier and PC... also, DR wasn't the most surround optimized game. 

The sound is definitely there for me, running a DTS surround and optical to the decoder. 

tbtstt said:
As much as I love the sound of a good NA engine, turbos provide us with the sweet sound of  both anti-lag and turbo flutter, so I am afraid I have to protest at your ban. 
Nothing like standing in a wet field, waiting for first car due, and hearing the faint crack of anti-lag breaking the silence, from 2 miles away....

EDDSkitz said:
Busterbvi said:
bogani said:
There is reverb present in Dirt Rally. It's most noticeable during cartain camera angles during replay. The best example while driving is through the tunnel in Monte.

I think most if not all cars we have seen are final when it comes to sound. Just mixing tweaks left.

Interesting, I have never noticed it and I have a good 5.1 surround system. If it is there, it needs to be well enhanced, in reality, in the right conditions, the reverb sound overwhelms everything, Hairs on neck stand up, awesome sound, quite a rush !

A good 5.1 system is only as good as its setup between amplifier and PC... also, DR wasn't the most surround optimized game. 

The sound is definitely there for me, running a DTS surround and optical to the decoder. 

Yeah, we've established it is there but it seems the replay / camera view is the culprit. With improved replays in D4 hopefully the sound effects will be more pronounced,  realistic and enjoyable.

KevM said:
tbtstt said:
Nothing like standing in a wet field, waiting for first car due, and hearing the faint crack of anti-lag breaking the silence, from 2 miles away....
I agree with this so much that I clicked "agree", then unclicked it, just so I could click it again. 

Azoresst said:
According to Christina the DiRT show should be up within the next 2 hours!
whats this ?                                                                                                                              

KevM said:
tbtstt said:

Welsh Rally, 1978, Hafren forest, Wales, one mile in, right in the valley, 3am, freezing cold, pitch black, total silence, then it happens, first the lights way off in the distance through the trees, then the sound reverberating off the hills building like an internal combustion engine orchestra, first Mikkola going like a train, Vatanen, Clark, Brookes, Waldegard, Arrikala, Pond, McRae all blasting past in their group 4 chargers, the unforgettable sound bugleing in the night, then your alone again in the middle of nowhere but in total awe of what you just saw and heard, it will stay with me for as long as I live ..... BDA on Webbers, oh hell yeah  ....Turbo .... Naaaah !

Most of my comments and input on here are an attempt to re create the nostalgia of  those golden days, perhaps I am asking too much.

Busterbvi said:
Azoresst. I don't tweet but  is there any chance Dave Sullivan could look at my post on page 723 and comment on getting some good & loud engine sound reverb in outside views when the car is belting through the forest & hills ? I think it would be a great enhancement and add some soul to the whole experience.  Those that have enjoyed it it real life will know what I mean.
I've never seen a rally in real life, but I've been at Spa-Francorchamps and remember noises echoing against the forest. I was playing DiRT Rally yesterday, and while watching a replay I think I did hear this effect when a car is a bit further from the camera, so the direct sound doesn't overpower the echoing sounds coming from the distance.

Really @TURBODEVIN19 ? u just got your self free entry tickets for the ELE Rally in Eindhoven at 26 and 27 May 2017, mark that date and u will see some R5's WC's and ofc. my new rally car in action ;-)!!!!

dgeesi0 said:
Azoresst said:
whats this ?                                                                                                                              

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cREEx-6zX_s

Busterbvi said:

Most of my comments and input on here are an attempt to re create the nostalgia of  those golden days, perhaps I am asking too much.

I think we are both under the influence of the period of rally we grew up with: for me nothing will top the turbo'd Group A era, for you its Group 4!
Azoresst said:
dgeesi0 said:
Azoresst said:
whats this ?                                                                                                                              

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cREEx-6zX_s
Will watch that later and see if I managed to successfully evade the camera!

Very, very proud to show you all our brand new DiRT Show episode! There's still Darren and Paul on a sofa (of course, would it even be a DiRT Show without it), but Kris Meeke and Petter Solberg also made the cut this time. :)

https://youtu.be/cREEx-6zX_s

No night rallying in Australia, only sunset and early morning?
Why on earth would we limit ourselves to sunset and early morning? ;)

KevM said:
tbtstt said:

Very, very proud to show you all our brand new DiRT Show episode! There's still Darren and Paul on a sofa (of course, would it even be a DiRT Show without it), but Kris Meeke and Petter Solberg also made the cut this time. :)

https://youtu.be/cREEx-6zX_s
was a great show just watched it all. one thing i noticed and put on twitter is you all looked like you enjoy doing it ! thats the difference between half assed games and great games.the really good games have the right people behind them who enjoy love doing it. everyone looked excited , happy to be doing it. chris and petter were great and the video was well made.

nice one . look forward to the next ones.

EDDSkitz said:
Busterbvi said:
bogani said:

Optical's you're problem.... maybe I'm wrong though, but optical can't handle uncompressed 5.1, so you're losing some definition there. I think DR works bloody brilliantly in 7.1~2ish. The gravel used to be much louder and really sounded like you were in the car, and you could hear the snap, crackle, pop of the exhaust behind you. The problem is (As is the case with most racing games) you're typically by yourself in DR, so the effects aren't quite as noticeable. When the i20 first released it seriously sounded like a pissed of panther behind me but I think they toned it down.

urgaffel said:
No night rallying in Australia, only sunset and early morning?
Why on earth would we limit ourselves to sunset and early morning? ;)
@urgaffel I'm just saying from the settings on the DiRT Show. There's several times of day but I didn't spot night.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/5rnuqk/im_paul_coleman_chief_games_designer_for_dirt_4/ Paul's taking questions on reddit meow!

Hurrah! A new DiRT Show! If I existed, I'd be so excited right now. In fact, I'd probably have watched it already and gotten even more hyped again.