DiRTy Gossip

KickUp said:
nystedt88 said:
@KickUp

Can we put our custom names with flags on windows when we create own teams?
Sadly not

Technical problem, or fear that some would 'abuse' the feature?  This is one case that I hope it's technical.  

gfRally said:
KickUp said:
nystedt88 said:
@KickUp

Sadly not

Technical problem, or fear that some would 'abuse' the feature?  This is one case that I hope it's technical.  
Forza allows people to paint whatever they want and then put it up for other people to download. I'd say 99% of it is perfectly fine.
Maybe CM likes to have more control though.

TuliRally said:
@KickUp
This next one would mean a world to me if added.
Any change of this time for you, to provide presets for what you (or some other IRL rally driver that you can get to help you) thinks that is the most realistic FFB & wheel behaviour settings for as many of supported wheels as possible. 
Because all your hard work for physics and ffb (at least in my case, having no real life knowledge) will be flushed down the toilet if the player has wheel and in-game settings wrong. (Dirt rally has so many different settings presets and tips out there, some even from me for Logitech DFGT, that even with one wheel you can get totally different feelings and driveability). I would love the fuzzy feeling when i know that this settings you *CM provided, would be the most realistic behaviour for this wheel that it can produce. This does not even have to be shipped with the game at launch. You can put them in this forum, or to the game with updates afterwards.  :) <3

Would love to see this as well. It'd be great to know what settings are considered "official". Like you say, doesn't have to be in the game itself, but maybe in a Road Book, readme or something like that.

KickUp said:
SamRWD said:
@KickUp

Once again thank you for answering all our questions, here is another one from me:

- Is there any in-game footage of simulation mode with all assists off available for us to see?

Thanks!
None that I'm aware of. I don't know if anything was filmed on the day and we haven't released anything yet. 
I believe this footage were handed from CM to the press? I actually thought this to be the simulation model.
https://youtu.be/1sNGpHSHQqI

And what about Petters run here below?
https://youtu.be/TQbwTjcmvio

Would we have dynamic weather? For example start the stage cloudy and it starts raining through the stage?
Yes, I'm reluctant to call it fully dynamic but weather can change mid stage with rain / snow intensifying. 

gfRally said:
KickUp said:
nystedt88 said:
@KickUp

Sadly not

Technical limitations, Character limit, some cars having limited window space and the fact that players could abuse it all counted against it. 

KickUp said:
KickUp said:
Working overtime I see? Not that I mind of course. Because I have a question.

Is the livery editor open to all cars or is it restricted to just some cars? 
It's on most cars but some manufacturers don't allow  it. 
So, does this mean not all cars will have branded liveries created by you? You know, the default ones for Freeplay.
The ones that don't allow the livery editor also won't allow us to put non licensed liveries on them. 
I see. Congratulations on getting Audi, Citroën and Hyundai and (possibly) Skoda, since those are the ones who complained about that on DiRT Rally :D.
P.S - I know Skoda wasn't in DiRT Rally but it is a part of the VW group which, if I recall correctly, also didn't let you have custom liveries ;) .
Although the Seats did, IIRC ;)

Not sure how separate/individual those companies are, but they are different from game to game. In Project CARS' development, they were apparently told by Audi it was fine to have fictional liveries on cars from their 'customer' programme (eg, the GT3), but not on their works-only cars. They might have stepped it up since then; McLaren were another that insisted on only real life liveries, but I doubt that's relevant here...

Still, if that's what it takes to get Skoda in then so be it!

KickUp said:
gfRally said:
KickUp said:
nystedt88 said:
@KickUp

Sadly not

Technical limitations, Character limit, some cars having limited window space and the fact that players could abuse it all counted against it. 

nystedt88 said:
@KickUp

Any plans for RWD class in Rallycross?
Crosskarts at the moment. JZStudios said:
gfRally said:
KickUp said:
nystedt88 said:
@KickUp

Sadly not

Forza allows people to paint whatever they want and then put it up for other people to download. I'd say 99% of it is perfectly fine.
Maybe CM likes to have more control though.
Nope it's not that we like to have more control. 

bogani said:
KickUp said:
SamRWD said:
@KickUp

Once again thank you for answering all our questions, here is another one from me:

- Is there any in-game footage of simulation mode with all assists off available for us to see?

Thanks!
None that I'm aware of. I don't know if anything was filmed on the day and we haven't released anything yet. 
I believe this footage were handed from CM to the press? I actually thought this to be the simulation model.

Would love for you to comment @KickUp. Esp on the first video as it's "official" footage. :)

A video went up on Solberg's FB page the same day as the announcement event which showed him on the motion box, I believe that was Sim handling as I had a go with it as well, the video focused more on him though than the game lol

bogani said:
bogani said:
KickUp said:
SamRWD said:
@KickUp

Thanks!

Would love for you to comment @KickUp. Esp on the first video as it's "official" footage. :)
I had commented on it previously so here is a copy paste of what I said before:
"...our B roll footage is captured by our video team but to do that they get a run that captures the position of the car from our car handling team. So, the car's position is recorded but it's not a live recording and that means that the damping values that a live chase cam has get lost in translation so it actually ends up looking even more weird. 
I'm not happy with it but that's how it's been done and so all I can ask people to do is not judge the feeling of the game based on videos they have seen."

I was playing with all aids (except ABS) off. I haven't seen any footage yet, but someone was recording over my shoulder for a few minutes (pretty sure I managed to keep it out of the bushes most of that time as well). Hopefully that might emerge at some point! 

KickUp said:
bogani said:
bogani said:
KickUp said:
SamRWD said:
@KickUp

Thanks!

I had commented on it previously so here is a copy paste of what I said before:
"...our B roll footage is captured by our video team but to do that they get a run that captures the position of the car from our car handling team. So, the car's position is recorded but it's not a live recording and that means that the damping values that a live chase cam has get lost in translation so it actually ends up looking even more weird. 
I'm not happy with it but that's how it's been done and so all I can ask people to do is not judge the feeling of the game based on videos they have seen."

Ok. I was just curious as you pointed out no footage showing the simulation handling been released that you were aware of. I interpret that as this is gamer handling and not sim. In my eyes it it leans more to the sim side, but can't say for sure.

Sorry. We're just excited ;)

tbtstt said:
I was playing with all aids (except ABS) off. I haven't seen any footage yet, but someone was recording over my shoulder for a few minutes (pretty sure I managed to keep it out of the bushes most of that time as well). Hopefully that might emerge at some point! 
I find it fascinating how little actual footage emerged after the event. There's some of Petter and Meeke and the official footage as well.
Most of the youtube footage seems to be from the Erased Citizens folks.

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
I find it fascinating how little actual footage emerged after the event. There's some of Petter and Meeke and the official footage as well.

Was having too much fun ;)

I got some general footage on my phone but nothing special, just pans of the room with everyone most likely playing on the gamer setting. I can upload this, won't be very high quality though.

bogani said:
tbtstt said:

^ That! 

Neither the controller or wheel gaming setups had anywhere suitable to balance a camera/phone, so you really needed a second person to film you. 

Benniz said:
So, @KickUp - When do we get some more official news about the game? :smile:
June 8th
I know it's not important, but what is the actual release date? Steam says 6th at the moment, but I've seen 8th and 9th dotted around too. Platform dependent, maybe?

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:

^ That! 

Neither the controller or wheel gaming setups had anywhere suitable to balance a camera/phone, so you really needed a second person to film you. 
Defintely regretted not bringing my camera with me lol