DiRTy Gossip

bogani said:

Please take the Ibiza for a spin 
I'd rather poke my own eyes out with a blunt gearstick. Lol

I dislike the Ibitza very much...

Perhaps it's the worst case of it?  I honesty have little experience of that car.  Maybe it's the 306's fault for being the polar opposite in the scale of awesome?

Were the F2 Kit cars in real life, not amongst the first to actually use sequential?  They shouldn't be sloppy

bogani said:

I agree with everything than that there should be a penalty for not shifting "properly". Not all people have h-patterns. That's like saying everyone that does not own a wheel not capable of 900 degree steering should get a penalty for not using "proper" steering degrees.

I think the shifting time should be equal across the board. Even automatic, where you still will have a disadvantage as of not being able to choose what gear you are in, but the actual shift time should be the same.

Just my two cents :)
Oh I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying it makes sense.
The main point is, using sequential with a car that has sequential IRL should not give you a disadvantage over someone using h-pattern.

They are aware of it, I'm fine with that :)

watched a video of the Ibiza there.  The sequential isn't so much the issue, yes, it's slow, but the fact that the gearbox isn't using flatshift, like a sequential box does, makes the issue twice as bad!

The revs actually die off between rather slow shifts.  In real life, not even an automatic box shifts like that.

The H Box shouldn't give an advantage, but the ability to dip the clutch with the accelerator welded to the floor when shifting, clearly does!  That's what a sequential is designed to do in real life, bang the next gear without lifting & without ballsing about with an H pattern 

https://youtu.be/6n6gxrZJ9kk

While I know it's subject to change; any idea of system requirements for Dirt 4? If I can run DR at decent FPS on low, will my poor old computer be able to handle Dirt 4 aswell?

@KickUp (I cant remember if I asked this already here) Is it possible to adjust car settings on the fly in something like the Dirtfish joyride? So pause it, adjust then keep going? For someone who likes to play around with the settings, this would be great instead of having to go back to the menu each time unless its seamless?

Dytut said:
While I know it's subject to change; any idea of system requirements for Dirt 4? If I can run DR at decent FPS on low, will my poor old computer be able to handle Dirt 4 aswell?
It 'should' be able to cope ok. Get a better GFX card if you can to get the biggest improvements.

@KickUp (I cant remember if I asked this already here) Is it possible to adjust car settings on the fly in something like the Dirtfish joyride? So pause it, adjust then keep going? For someone who likes to play around with the settings, this would be great instead of having to go back to the menu each time unless its seamless?
Yes, we have live tuning in the DirtFish rallyschool area :smiley:

KickUp said:
Dytut said:
It 'should' be able to cope ok. Get a better GFX card if you can to get the biggest improvements.

One of the things you guys are know is for always delivering well optimised games so, i'm not "worried" with what system requirements D4 will have, even owning a 2 years old PC ;) 

So if I'm looking into having a PC built DR requirements would be ok? I'm a little PC challenged so any suggestion are welcome.

Hi,

Could anyone tell me the best place to find a retail copy of Dirt Rally PSVR? I understand it is DLC but would prefer a physical copy. 

Nobody seems to to be aware of it?

Thank you, Steve

spothedog said:
So if I'm looking into having a PC built DR requirements would be ok? I'm a little PC challenged so any suggestion are welcome.
Simple answer to everything.  Get the fastest gfx card you can afford, i5 cpu. 16 gb ram (debatable 8or16).  Everything else is a bonus for what you have left... ssd, etc

gfRally said:
spothedog said:
Simple answer to everything.  Get the fastest gfx card you can afford, i5 cpu. 16 gb ram (debatable 8or16).  Everything else is a bonus for what you have left... ssd, etc
The price difference between 8 and 16GB of RAM is so negligible these days compared to the rest of the cost that you might as well go for 16, SSD though is most definitely worth the money even only for the OS

Hi,

Could anyone tell me the best place to find a retail copy of Dirt Rally PSVR? I understand it is DLC but would prefer a physical copy. 

Thank you, Steve
It's not in stores until tomorrow! (Friday)

Alf72 said:
KickUp said:
Dytut said:

One of the things you guys are know is for always delivering well optimised games so, i'm not "worried" with what system requirements D4 will have, even owning a 2 years old PC ;) 

Mine is now 7 years old, but upgraded gfx and to SSD during that time. But that old i5 750 just isn't in it's prime anymore ;-)

Hi,

Thank you, Steve
If you are in the UK then Argos is the place to go. As for elsewhere I think its going to have to be Digital.

Any chance you migh make some deals with GPU vendors? Like those "buy a specific GPU, get a free game" type of things? Or is it way too soon to tell? :D Have Codies even done stuff like that in the past?

Didzis said:
Any chance you migh make some deals with GPU vendors? Like those "buy a specific GPU, get a free game" type of things? Or is it way too soon to tell? :D Have Codies even done stuff like that in the past?
Actually its looking likely that we are not going to do it for DiRT 4 but I am not that involved in the business side of things.

I think Codies were involved in a DiRT 3 + AMD promotion, maybe even Showdown. Haven't seen it for DiRT Rally.

Snaky115 said:
I think Codies were involved in a DiRT 3 + AMD promotion, maybe even Showdown. Haven't seen it for DiRT Rally.
There was for certain AMD cards. I got a steam key when I bought my PC with an AMD card

I play DR on a Boot Camp'ed iMac: I have the i5 and 8GB of RAM, but there's no upgrading its GT 750M. :grimace: But at half-res (1366x768) and with a mix of low/medium/high settings (gotta have those road stones and night lighting), I get anywhere from 30-60 fps depending on the stage—60 in parts of Germany, 30 in parts of Monte Carlo (with trees on ultra low :persevere: ). If I can get a minimum 30 in all conditions with similar eye candy in D4, I'll be a happy camper. I'm probably a rare one that likes the motion blur in DR, I find it convincingly smooths out the frame rate when under 45.

gfRally said:
spothedog said:
The price difference between 8 and 16GB of RAM is so negligible these days compared to the rest of the cost that you might as well go for 16, SSD though is most definitely worth the money even only for the OS
Not in Portugal. 16GB is exactly the double of the price of 8GB and if I choose to go with 8GB (DDR4) the money I safe is enough to buy an 120GB SSD.

KickUp said:
Hi,

Thank you, Steve
If you are in the UK then Argos is the place to go. As for elsewhere I think its going to have to be Digital.
Thank you for the reply.

I will take a walk up at lunch tomorrow

This will be my 3rd copy of Dirt Rally, really looking forward to the PSVR version. Steve

https://twitter.com/AndyGray_/status/832293242536341506

Uh, can't wait to see what @KickUp is talking about :smiley:

Azoresst said:
https://twitter.com/AndyGray_/status/832293242536341506

Uh, can't wait to see what @KickUp is talking about :smiley:

Pizza. The kebab kind.

Azoresst said:
gfRally said:
spothedog said:
Not in Portugal. 16GB is exactly the double of the price of 8GB and if I choose to go with 8GB (DDR4) the money I safe is enough to buy an 120GB SSD.
Thanks for the help , I appreciate it.