DiRTy Gossip

With forza, I'm either really good, or absalotely terrible! And the problem is I like running my own liveries so I can have my own number on the side of my car, and carry over the same sponsors. So if what I make turns out like crap, I'm either stuck with it, or I have to download someone else's!
I really enjoyed grid's editor, it was simple, yet allowed for a lot of options, so I'm more than happy with that type of system

How does the editor in grid work please? I can't find any videos. The only thing I've ever made liveries in is Photoshop.

Basically there were a whole bunch of pre-set patterns to chose from, and you could change the colours of it, change your door numbers and apply sponsors

Basically there were a whole bunch of pre-set patterns to chose from, and you could change the colours of it, change your door numbers and apply sponsors
Yup. To clarify a bit more. This is a team branding suite that allows you to name your team, select a pattern for you cars and choose colours for the various elements of those patterns. You can also add your name, flag and race number. 
The sponsors that you have signed will appear on the car in the slots you choose. 
The key thing is that this scheme then appears on all your team vehicles. 
Calling it a livery editor is probably over selling it.
It does allow you to give your team an identity though and it is a bit more refined than the grid one was. 

This morning while doing some routine things I've got an idea of question for @KickUp , but now I've forgot it :neutral:  Meeeeh, what was it. 

Edit: I've got it!

We know about the gamer -- sim differences. Any chances to reveal a bit more about differences between sim -- hardcore? 

versedi said:
This morning while doing some routine things I've got an idea of question for @KickUp , but now I've forgot it :neutral:  Meeeeh, what was it. 

We know about the gamer -- sim differences. Any chances to reveal a bit more about differences between sim -- hardcore? 

Fearless mode is the top difficulty preset and it unlocks after you have achieved something special in your career.

It has even faster AI opponents and you need to race with the majority of our assist systems turned off. You'll also need to run no HUD etc.

You can use the Fearless preset in both handling styles. 

Lynx2000 said:
@KickUp will be still be able to make custom liveries in Photoshop and use those? 

We are not preventing this but the way our liveries work is changing so there is likely to be some additional work for the mod community to get them working.

KickUp said:
While I would, that is a lot to do 4 pages worth xD Did the others from a day or two ago actually get removed or just buried?

We are aware and are looking into the issue. Sorry it has taken so long.
No worries, I don't envy the person who has to deal with it ;)  Keep calm and carry on!
Sorry about the spam guys! All fixed now.  
Oh no you didn't! [/panto]

KickUp said:
versedi said:

Fearless mode is the top difficulty preset and it unlocks after you have achieved something special in your career.

It has even faster AI opponents and you need to race with the majority of our assist systems turned off. You'll also need to run no HUD etc.

You can use the Fearless preset in both handling styles. 
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

KickUp said:
Yup. To clarify a bit more. This is a team branding suite that allows you to name your team, select a pattern for you cars and choose colours for the various elements of those patterns. You can also add your name, flag and race number.
Just please include all of the flags

Didzis said:
KickUp said:
Just please include all of the flags
Sorry, some people will be dissapointed that their flag is not represented as we simply cannot include every single flag.

KickUp said:
The sponsors that you have signed will appear on the car in the slots you choose. 
The key thing is that this scheme then appears on all your team vehicles. 
Calling it a livery editor is probably over selling it.
It does allow you to give your team an identity though and it is a bit more refined than the grid one was. 
Sound perfectly fine to me. Never expected a full blown livery editor but I'm definitely thrilled that we're at least (and at last) getting an option to give our teams an identity. It was sorely missing in DiRT Rally, though understandably why.

Hmm, thinking about it now, maybe I should revive my FABULOUS pink Yashio Factory-inspired livery from GRID1.

You really made those spambots angry: they are posting faster than I can flag them! :smiley:

I Googled the SCA486 they all mention and other forums have been hit as well including Disney lol
They need a quick IP ban

KevM said:
I Googled the SCA486 they all mention and other forums have been hit as well including Disney lol
They need a quick IP ban
It's not that easy because spambots are bouncing on proxy services. 

@SirPhilMcKraken  and you're actually doing what they want you to do. That's their profit. 

It's probably WRC that's behind it.                                             

versedi said:
KevM said:
They need a quick IP ban
It's not that easy because spambots are bouncing on proxy services. 

@SirPhilMcKraken  and you're actually doing what they want you to do. That's their profit. 
I didn't click on any websites directly, was just wondering how many other forums had been hit. The only links that showed up anyway were to this forum and others.

bogani said:
Its @KickUp thats behind it!  

His head is melted answering the same 6 questions!!  Only 98 more days of Repeating ones self  :D

There's our Christina on to mop them up!  B)

KevM said:
bogani said:
Its @KickUp thats behind it!  

His head is melted answering the same 6 questions!!  Only 98 more days of Repeating ones self  :D

There's our Christina on to mop them up!  B)
Pretty sure I've probably asked the same question a few times lol

Yep, I'm also guilty....                                                              

Sorry guys - I've got my hands full with F1 community week stuff today. Every time I get back to my laptop there's more spam!!