DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

KevM said:
Busterbvi said:
@KickUp I did ask before but maybe overlooked. Is it possible to give us the option of having the cars spot lights fitted in daylight ? Rally cars look so much more complete with them fitted.

Was covered by someone else.  They wont be selectable, but will be on the car depending on day or night stage

That's a real shame, hope Codies will re-consider this. @KickUp ?

Why would having the extra lights on, at all times, make the rally car any more complete? They're extra lights, as in only there when required. Having them on at all times would just be added weight and aerodynamic drag.

Busterbvi said:
KevM said:
Busterbvi said:
@KickUp I did ask before but maybe overlooked. Is it possible to give us the option of having the cars spot lights fitted in daylight ? Rally cars look so much more complete with them fitted.

Was covered by someone else.  They wont be selectable, but will be on the car depending on day or night stage

That's a real shame, hope Codies will re-consider this. @KickUp ?

I would like this too, but no real place to do it since its just for looks, only a checkbox in livery editor.  But that seems to be for the team and not each car.   Maybe someday it will find its place.  

I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming at 2! I'm looking forward to seeing some more of Spain, as when we visited it was a little buggy with floating guard rails and trees and such! Unless that was intentional?

My guess will be some Wales and/or rallycross gameplay
I only vaguely remember trying it, can't remember much though so I would be interested in seeing it refined :)

Why would having the extra lights on, at all times, make the rally car any more complete? They're extra lights, as in only there when required. Having them on at all times would just be added weight and aerodynamic drag.
It could introduce a cool strategy element to the game. Maybe a rally goes over multiple stages at dusk/night and you would have to make a choice to bring them or not. The lights might slow you down, but you would get mouch better sight over the road compared to regular lights.

I would also like to have the option of fitting light pods regardless of weather/ time of day. IMO the 306Maxi should ALWAYS wear lightpods. Looks badass.

Plus the artists did such a nice job modelling them it is a shame we never get to see them in clear light.
Options!

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/836939354257883137

Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W02Rw2q5AY

Day one edition and Special edition announced:

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/836939805393055744

Hyundai i20 R5 confirmed.

The graphics seems to be a good step up from DR!

And that Subaru onboard looks delicious with proper steering animation!

Gaàaaaaaahhhh HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

Is the i20 only gonna be available to those who preorder or it's just like a bonus car in your garage from the start?

The replay options (if thats them) look a whole lot more believable too

Didzis said:
Is the i20 only gonna be available to those who preorder or it's just like a bonus car in your garage from the start?
@KickUp I'd like to know this too. If so, does that mean the R5 class will only have two cars in the base game for those who don't pre-order?

Hyyyyyyyyyyyypeeeee train on full throttle...chooochoooo.

No special versions for PC? :(

Didzis said:
@KickUp I'd like to know this too. If so, does that mean the R5 class will only have two cars in the base game for those who don't pre-order?
There could still be a 208, that hasn't been dismissed, has it?

Didzis said:
Didzis said:
There could still be a 208, that hasn't been dismissed, has it?
Yeah, I didn't phrase that right. What I meant to say is: if the Hyundai is only available for those who pre-order, then that means there will only be two cars in the R5 class for everyone else: the Fiesta and 208.

@tbtstt Spammers are back, calling all defending forces to secure the outer perimeter. Shall we beat that -418 points record?

Keep firing @warpenage, hold the spammers at the beach!

the Preorder details for steam will come in april

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/836942295635226625

Might be my confirmation bias speaking, but some of the footage in that video looks more like it was using the simulation handling too.

WD40 livery for the Fiesta is an interesting one. For those that don't know, that's a livery seen around a few UK rallies in real life.

I think the WD40 car was at Autosport International a couple of years ago

Busterbvi said:

We'll only be fitting them at the service before night stages. Sorry.