DiRTy Gossip

tbtstt said:
Yeah, the US "Open" regulations are much looser than their FiA equivalents!
That's why they're called "Open" :).

Anyway, I'm going to be driving the R2 and R5 classes, basically. Even though I think I've had a good guess at the cars that are coming, still looking forward to the car list toward the end of the month to confirm stuff. And, of course, hope liveries abound for those cars.
It's not that long for the end of the month afterall. we're halfway there 

Are we getting a car list at the end of the month? :O

bogani said:
Apparently, yes!

Can @ChristinaMc  confirm if we're still on track to know the rally cars towards the end of this month?

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Yeah, the US "Open" regulations are much looser than their FiA equivalents!
That's why they're called "Open" :).

Anyway, I'm going to be driving the R2 and R5 classes, basically. Even though I think I've had a good guess at the cars that are coming, still looking forward to the car list toward the end of the month to confirm stuff. And, of course, hope liveries abound for those cars.
It's not that long for the end of the month afterall. we're halfway there 

That's what I heard. Or atleast some new car reveals 

The R5's are the rally cars I'm most looking forward to. R5 is such a key category at both national and international level now, I can't wait to see CM's representation of the R5 cars in game.

I'm really liking all the modern classes in D4. I'm excited about R2, and R5 also, but less so (I really like R2 cars for whatever reason). I think it'll make the atmosphere feel more like local rallies, instead of huge WRC events, which I like a lot. The FIA can go license a big flashy WRC game with all the official cars, but we all know how it'll turn out. I'd take a game with less cars that's made with care over a game with the newest cars that's been rushed any day.
versedi said:
This. Alot of people are making mistake with limiting their FPS at the same exact number of frames as their refresh rate is - it's a mistake. On some monitors it will be equal but most usually u need to aim into 2-4 frames more. In my case it's 64 FPS limit. No screen tearing, no input lag. Limited through Nvidia Control Panel (simple bat that imports profile on system autostart). It takes time but it's worth messing with to find the right combination for your rig. 
I've tried a bunch of stuff with my rig, and the technique I posted works best for me so far. I assure you, there's no perceptible input lag. There may technically be *some,* but I can't feel it, even in shooters. I'll try what you guys suggested though. I think I remember trying it a while ago and it made things worse, but I'm not sure, I'll give it another go.

@RyuMakkuro I won't be switching GPUs any time soon. I'm specifically looking at 27" 1080p IPS monitors, I'd like to keep it around $150-170 so Gsync is purely a luxury. IPS is the main thing I can't do without. I don't think there are any Gsync IPS monitors that fit my criteria unfortunately, but like I said, it's just a luxury.

The r2 cars were rally good fun to drive, and from onboards of r2 cars I've seen, they behaved incredibly well. I'm really looking forward to starting in the smaller front wheel drive cars like the Peugeot and working my way up through the classes 

The r2 cars were rally good fun to drive, and from onboards of r2 cars I've seen, they behaved incredibly well.
"Rally good fun".

The r2 cars were rally good fun to drive, and from onboards of r2 cars I've seen, they behaved incredibly well. I'm really looking forward to starting in the smaller front wheel drive cars like the Peugeot and working my way up through the classes 
@RallyDriven Is that a reference to the 205 or are you confirming a 208 R2?

@RallyDriven Is that a reference to the 205 or are you confirming a 208 R2?
No the Peugeot (205?) that's already been confirmed for the fwd class

How many R2 cars were available when u were there for testing?

sqdstr said:
Dunno, like, 32? I can't remember. At least 1. Less than 200

sqdstr said:

I think somewhere someone mentioned three. Opel Adam was hinted at, I'd be surprised if the other two aren't the Fiesta and 208.

RodgerDavies said:
I think somewhere someone mentioned three. Opel Adam was hinted at, I'd be surprised if the other two aren't the Fiesta and 208.
If that would be the case, Adam will be lonely without Eve xD

I only drove 1 car, can't remember what else was available. The 1 I did drive was a lot of fun though*!

*until I rolled it through a fence

I only drove 1 car, can't remember what else was available. The 1 I did drive was a lot of fun though*!

Rolling through a fence CONFIRMED!!

cjl9 said:
Are there going to be '60s and '70s era cars?

Yes, but they're in H1 (FWD), H2 (FWD), H2 (RWD) and H3 (RWD) i believe. The latter of each group might be the 80s cars; we don't know much more than that yet, but I'd expect most of the cars from DR to be carried forward.

The cars are grouped in performance categories now, rather than year groups as Dirt Rally was.

There are historic classes for obvious reasons, but one example given was the Alpine now being moved "up" and no longer in the 60's "class"

Good information. Thanks.

Yes, the Alpine is "too much" for the Mini and the Fulvia.

TuliRally said:

Rolling through a fence CONFIRMED!!
*whispers* you can crash into many, many things in dirt 4 

Can any of the development team confirm whether Jen and Nicky are being brought in to record new lines? I would like 'Jesus Christ (insert own name)!' to be recorded for when we throw the car off the road and into car parks. Ooh! And bring back the nicknames, just imagine:

Jesus Christ Fuzzynuts!

@RallyDriven As long as there aren't reset lines that will teleport your car instead of allowing you to crash away.

@RallyDriven As long as there aren't reset lines that will teleport your car instead of allowing you to crash away.
Ah man,there were too many missed opportunities of spectacular crashes at pikes peak because of those resets in dirt rally.