DiRTy Gossip

@KickUp, are my eyes deceiving me or is that Patrick Snijers' name and his 1988 Manx Rally livery (- Bastos branding) I see on the BMW M3?
If so, thank you so much! I've been waiting for that one for quite a while!

Julo264 said:

@KickUp just a quick question. Will the DFGT wheel be supported?

better be :p would be madness seeing as its probably the most popular wheel used on pc.

dgeesi0 said:

Julo264 said:

@KickUp just a quick question. Will the DFGT wheel be supported?

better be :p would be madness seeing as its probably the most popular wheel used on pc.

Yes it will be.

@KickUp, are my eyes deceiving me or is that Patrick Snijers' name and his 1988 Manx Rally livery (- Bastos branding) I see on the BMW M3?
If so, thank you so much! I've been waiting for that one for quite a while!

My pleasure :)

@KickUp And with Peugeots quite friendly licence, will ther in near future maybe the 206 or 307 will find his way in DiRT4? :D

KickUp said:

@KickUp, do you know when we can expect Steam Pre-Order?

Shouldn't be too long

@KickUp What about Pre-Load? 50 Gig's will take me "some" time to download and i wanna play DiRT 4 on release day...

KickUp said:

Didzis said:

KickUp said:

nystedt88 said:

no volvo 242  :'( :'( :'( :'(
and why no audi quattro in group b rallycross?

Sadly because Audi did not officially support the Group B Rallycross as a factory team we couldn't licence it. Same reason we couldn't get the EKS RX car.

As for the 242 - one day it will happen ;)

But since Audi now officially supports the EKS cars, could we maybe see them one day as DLC?

From now on the possibilty is there

That's brilliant to read: fingers crossed for the S1 in future! 

Wow so far The future is bright as Dirt 4 Fan :)
@KickUp May i ask.
In part of Team Branding video
1) we saw 8 different pattern. will be there more in Final build of game?
2) on same models of Car, but with different livery are different painted wheels! is that maybe chance that we can paint wheels in Team Branding? (didnt notice in video option for that)
3)is it posible just to paint Car blank. just with colour  and not livery design (for exampel like Citroen C4 in Dirt Rally ) 
Thanks as always for Your time

KickUp said:

Teuchter said:

I'm liking the nod to Richard Burns by adding his Peugeot 205 GTi on the far right. I doff my cap @KickUp and to the rest of the team! I'm thouroughly looking forward to June it can rain and snow for all that I care! 

Glad you appreciate it. We've managed to secure his name on the side of the Impreza 2001 too. We like to recognise our heros.

I miss Burnsie. He was taken from us far, far too early.

Pff, not had time to react for some time, but seeing the confirmed cars and some videos i am really excited for the game. Also good news to read that there is still a possibility to see the EKS S1 RX car. I think we all should spam Audi Sport so the licensing goes a bit faster :tongue:

I think this hasn't been asked before @KickUp :
Will we, when creating a League in Racenet, get the same preview pictures of stages for generating them online? Is it even possible to set up events with newly generated stages on the fly or do you need to have saved stages on your account already to use them in leagues?

SkyRex said:

I think this hasn't been asked before @KickUp :
Will we, when creating a League in Racenet, get the same preview pictures of stages for generating them online? Is it even possible to set up events with newly generated stages on the fly or do you need to have saved stages on your account already to use them in leagues?

That is the plan although we have a chunk of work to do to get it working so it may not be there at launch. 

I can't keep up with this thread, but watched some of the Slap video because Ascona, and yes, the Ascona is a nice thing.  

But even nicer, is the way it's driving.  Balance seems to be bang on now, he was holding nice big long slides & even throwing previously impossible donuts.

Cant wait to power an 70/80's RWD through a Welsh forest now....  B)

One simply cannot release a racing game without VR support nowadays, or at least patch it later so that is has. I can't even describe how disapointed I would be if no VR support is added to this game!

I heard a bit of Offaiah/Charlie Puth playing in the service area too, so a great licensed soundtrack too (subject to licensing) perhaps?

Azoresst said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UURYpj4imcM&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=l4Rlp6Z0OK_SbDZT-6                                                                                                               

Really enjoyed the story. Is there any video of this jump? Kinda hoped to see it in this interview.
PS: Someone answered in the comment section: 
http://www.svt.se/sport/motorsport/se-colin-mcrae-i-colins-crest/
0:20 mark - probably this one.

But that's Australia, not Greece. And Grist spoke of 2001 which means he would have been in the focus. Not the subaru

RookieOne said:

The lack of Toyota in this list is disturbing

At this point I think it's more of manufacturer's personal issue if they don't want their cars to be represented in the best rally game to date.

KevM said:

I heard a bit of Offaiah/Charlie Puth playing in the service area too, so a great licensed soundtrack too (subject to licensing) perhaps?

"See you again" - roll Colin McRae / Richard Burns video

KickUp said:

P308R said:

KickUp said:

Does it go that far  :o I thought when you license a racecar you can add it with the liveries. Do I understand correctly that licensing a car and licensing a livery or sponsors require seperate negociations? If that is true I can see why it can be a real struggle sometimes.

It goes into areas you won't believe. It is a pain "up in the ass of Timo"

That's the most honest response from developer that you'll ever get.
Seriously.

[E]: Certainly hope that anyone will understand the reference. ;)