DiRTy Gossip

gfRally said:
People are going to be analysing everything we say now!

1n other news, Sebastian Loeb rally is confirmed 2 be coming to pc, I know some of you can't w8 to see more!
Yep, read all about it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/355060/

Interesting they're having real life stages as week well as Pikes Peak. Always fun when there's more than one game competing!
Sounds like Pikes Peak may be getting s beating this year!  

I think there are possibly 3 titles that will have this included.

That's ok to me!

3?

I guess that includes DiRT 1? Though the new version would be all tarmac, as Pikes Peak is these days :-S

Actually Colin McRae Rally 04 (and maybe 2005?) also has Pikes Peak, but it's split into parts.

gfRally said:
People are going to be analysing everything we say now!

1n other news, Sebastian Loeb rally is confirmed 2 be coming to pc, I know some of you can't w8 to see more!
Yep, read all about it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/355060/

Interesting they're having real life stages as week well as Pikes Peak. Always fun when there's more than one game competing!
Sounds like Pikes Peak may be getting s beating this year!  

I think there are possibly 3 titles that will have this included.

That's ok to me!

3?

Yes, Grand Turismo 2015 (unless it falls into 2016, games can do this)

https://www.gtplanet.net/pikes-peak-hill-climb-gran-turismo/

If they are a 'platinum' sponsor, I believe it will be in 7.  The above mentioned Sebastian Leob Rally.  I hear it may be in another game to.. just can't remember?  Maybe you have seen it?  Probably not, since they didn't take you into the other room.  

Anyhow, its going to be a great year!  

This autumn confirmed games are: seb loeb rally evo,wrc5,forza 6 
Game in waiting room: dirt 4 ,gran turismo(but for this i'm not sure......... 
Project cars will released on middle may ( after 3 delay it's not sure).

Dudes!
As always I'm sorry again for not being around much this week but here's what I've been up to anyway.

Monday was a none DiRT day, I'm starting to get spread around a bit and put on to our other projects which I thought I was ok with but it's like my workload went up by x4 in the space of a day :/ I'm not planning on letting that affect DiRT though I just need to plan and use my time better (something I'll admit I've never been great at - Sam always used to keep me in check). A lot of me being quiet now is in prep for me being noisy later so it should be ok... I hope. 

Tuesday I was poorlyer than a poorly thing with a cold so after a trip to the docs I spent the rest of the day playing Dying Light and watching Game of Thrones while feeling sorry for myself

Wednesday I had a meeting with a marketing agency about how we can best spend what money we have for advertising DiRT. I also presented my grand vision for what I want Codemasters to become over the next few months, it's all based on the feedback to that tweet from a few weekends ago and the thread Greg posted following it.

Thursday was re-working that plan after presenting it and having loads of emails back and forth..... Mother of god what else did I do yesterday? I must have done more than that! :/

Today - Catching up with just little bits and bobs, started planning out my time for the coming weeks (currently rocking 6 trello boards worth :S ) and finally FINALLY sent around briefs to the team for blog posts - feels like I've taken all year to get just that done.

In-between all of that I've mostly been shouting at people for various reasons, I settled on a new collective noun for one of my favourite swears and fitting in some time with the game when I can.

No news on DiRT3 Steam?
Sorry man, I don't want to say anything until it's actually live and up - this whole thing is just as frustrating for me as it is for you guys. Sorry :(

Ah it's fine, I got the game running with all DLC on Win8.1 with GFWL, so I'm okay for now at least, just thought I'd ask, thanks for replying :-)

Any news on time frame (not set date). It's been over a year since the announcement to drop GFWL...

Ok, I am starting to get impressed now:

https://youtu.be/HpPR56wrP_o

Just wish they would find someone that could sit down with them that spoke English/Italian to do the translation, instead of a cheesy voiceover, but I just speak english ('merican) not everyone else does.

gfRally said:

Just wish they would find someone that could sit down with them that spoke English/Italian to do the translation, instead of a cheesy voiceover, but I just speak english ('merican) not everyone else does.

"How did the idea for the logo come up"
... I'm just remembering the civil war that erupted during the weeks when we were doing our name and logo. :lol: 

Would you guys want us to do dev diaries? If so what would you want in them?

Take a guess @justbiglee! I know I'd love to see some dev diaries. You can show pretty much whatever you'd want, I'd watch it. :) However, I'm very interested in how you take in the opinions of the community and how you work with real drivers and co-drivers to test the game.

... I'm just remembering the civil war that erupted during the weeks when we were doing our name and logo. :lol: 

I will quote myself: :smile: 

Areyouben said:
I actually would not like to know everything whats in the game. Developers post complete car and tracklists online all the time and that takse the magic away. I remember playing CMR2 without knowing what cars I would actually find, that felt good. What I would like to see is a more in depth look into the game without knowing everything. Just pick one car and do a weekly video item on it's development process.

Week 1, how does licensing work, what does a developer do to prepare, gathering reference material in the form of photo's, video and experience of drivers etc. Tell us stories about how you found some of the older rally cars.

Week 2, scanning and modeling.

Week 3, first physics set up

Week 4, sound development

Week 5, polishing all aspects

Week 6, the result.

dotmartin said:

Take a guess @justbiglee! I know I'd love to see some dev diaries. You can show pretty much whatever you'd want, I'd watch it. :) However, I'm very interested in how you take in the opinions of the community and how you work with real drivers and co-drivers to test the game.

Heck, I'd watch a webcam pointed at the pub entrance if it was DiRT related! 

I agree with @Areyouben just a little at a time, and I like his format ideas.  I have waited 2 years for this, suffered thru all the rumors and teasing, so getting a little solid info a week at a time or so will be great! 

Answer: Yes...anything.

@justbiglee Any chance you guys can take a leaf out of the WRC 4 book and use narrower stages? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPUKB8PluHk

gfRally said:

This would be awesome! It would be more awesome If the diaries contains questions by the community. :wink: 

@justbiglee Any chance you guys can take a leaf out of the WRC 4 book and use narrower stages? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPUKB8PluHk
Oh dear... Watching the above videos I was reminded of Milestone's car handling ... I know judging from a video is usually a bad idea, but having tried demos of WRC 1-3 I really wouldn't be buying Seb Loeb Rally Evo without having a go first... DiRT3 stages really do look wiiide watching them now, but car behaviour looks so much more natural.

Not sure if I can say this, but in the future, when we'll be able to put the next offroad game from Codies against the two games above then it will...
Hmmm....
It just won't be a fair contest...