DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I highly reccomend headphone users proceed with caution and the rest if you can allow get the volume up FULL!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lPieNL9K7cw

BTW, is it just me, but whenever Loeb is playing some video game, the camera seems to catch him at the moment when his face looks like someone put a sti... a stone up his seat :D

I was hoping for a competition between the RX drivers  o:)
Not much gameplay shown, but still enjoyable.

I think the new lightning looks on par if not better than what we've seen of PC2 at this point.

Did someone else spot some small snippets from the new replays our have my eyes been fooling me?

bogani said:
 Is there anything more boring than watching a whole field of Group N Mitsubishis going past you in the stages? Low mumbling engine note and a few pops here and there.

Shots fired!  :#

Nah, I still like it
*biased as hell
https://youtu.be/Om-9DUmAtIA?t=4s

cjl9 said:

Rygar86 said:

cjl9 said:

Engine noise? Engine noise? You want engine noise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEr78F-2acg

Old School Ftw! What year would this be?

RAC Rally 1976. Roger Clark's second win.

Thanks @cjl9 Thats before I was born, I was thinking early 80s. Seems like Rally was just as popular back then as it is now.

bogani said:

I was hoping for a competition between the RX drivers  o:)
Not much gameplay shown, but still enjoyable.

I think the new lightning looks on par if not better than what we've seen of PC2 at this point.

So were we. Sadly we couldn't get the PlayStations talking to the development servers so we couldn't get a session running :(

I know it's been described as difficult to replicate, but if they got the ALS sounding half as aggressive as that in D4, the gaming & replays would be extra awesome!!

I've just read a very strange piece of text about Project Cars 2 Rallycross.

It's an interview from Gamereactor. I'll try to translate it word for word.

Rallycross as a motorsport has become very popular, especially last year, and we also the interest among the players. It's fast, a race takes about 5 minutes, the jokerlap adds a dynamic that reminds of the fun in Mario Kart. It's full of small cars that constantly crashes in to each other, crazy jumps and bends that are are made for powerslides and it's all over in 5 minutes, which makes it accessible.
The sport has lots of young racers as well as old legends and the cars are faster than Formula 1 cars (the accelerate 0-60 in 2 seconds). Big brands like Monster and and Red Bull sponsors which makes it epic. It's exciting and we felt we really wanted to include it in the game and to transition from pure asphalt to rallycross is a great way as it's half asphalt half gravel.

I asked how they would balance between sim and arcade -

"What we tried to do is to create a balance between real life and accessibility. It should feel and look real but to succeed with that rallycross should be driven with with all different aids turned off which is way to comlex for most gamers. If you turn all aids off you will probably just spin the car around in the same place. With that in mind we created the setting "Real" where you can use anti spin and stability help with the cars that use it while the cars that does not have that but is better with aids stays without it.

Rallycross as a sport is very sideways and it's fun without feeling arcadey. It won't be, for example, like Grand Theft Auto where you can yank the handbrake and slide through corners and such. It's all about authenticity while making it accessible.

Hopefully it's just the reporter that has put his notes together extremely poorly, otherwise it's one of the stranger things I've read in a while.

Seems thrown together around quite a loose concept of what the sport entails?

Rygar86 said:

cjl9 said:

Rygar86 said:

cjl9 said:

Engine noise? Engine noise? You want engine noise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEr78F-2acg

Old School Ftw! What year would this be?

RAC Rally 1976. Roger Clark's second win.

Thanks @cjl9 Thats before I was born, I was thinking early 80s. Seems like Rally was just as popular back then as it is now.

"just as popular" Hah! You have NO idea. Much more popular then. For the '76 RAC estimates are that over 7 Million people walked into the forests to watch the stages. 7 Million! That's 1/8th of the entire population.

bogani said:

Rallycross as a sport is very sideways and it's fun without feeling arcadey. It won't be, for example, like Grand Theft Auto where you can yank the handbrake and slide through corners and such. It's all about authenticity while making it accessible.

Wait, what?

Didzis said:

bogani said:

Wait, what?

Yes exactly. The whole article is a big WAT.
I find it fascinating the managed to talk about Mario Kart and Grand Theft Auto in a piece on Project Cars 2. 

@KickUp If I may ask, how have you sourced the sound for the Lancer Evo X? Does it sound more Group N-ish this time around?

@KickUp If I may ask, how have you sourced the sound for the Lancer Evo X? Does it sound more Group N-ish this time around?

You'll have to ask @soundfx

Will do, thanks anyway :)                                       

That'd be cool to have updated, but if push came to shove, I'd take another car getting a genuine sample over a 'more correct' version of the Evo X

just noticed steam pre-order is live! Must have gone up really recently - or have I been missing it for the last few days???http://store.steampowered.com/app/421020/

urgaffel said:

KickUp said:

P308R said:

@KickUp will there be more water/puddles on the stages than in Dirt Rally? In Wales you see for example some water on the edges of the stages but there seems to be no splashing water when going through them. 

What is it that you are most excited about besides YourStage?

Yes there will be more puddles. 

Besides Your Stage - improvements to simulation, RX and Nicky Grist vfx

Fixed it for you

I'm honestly a bit more curious as to what improvements you've made to Nicky. I've been playing Deus Ex lately so I'm thinking some sort of cyber-eye and built in GPS. Maybe a direct comm link.

tbtstt said:

Not really DiRTy Gossip, but few pictures from Round 1 of the World Rallycross Championship in Barcelona...

If anyone is interested! (Sorry, there are no DiRT 4 shots in there!)

I feel like I could put on some glasses, throw the switch on the time machine to the late 90's and see that in 3d.

I'm honestly a bit more curious as to what improvements you've made to Nicky. I've been playing Deus Ex lately so I'm thinking some sort of cyber-eye and built in GPS. Maybe a direct comm link.

Nicky will now not call out the notes any more but sends them directly to your brain via telepathy

Lynx2000 said:

Nicky will now not call out the notes any more but sends them directly to your brain via telepathy

Yeah, it'll quicker as long as he doesn't think wrong.