DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Evilsmurf said:
I have WRC4 and DiRT3...also played the new offroad game from Codies. Good times ahead!
What new Offroad-Game? FUEL and In2ane or both a few years old - or did I miss something?

@justbiglee
 life just got a little busier today: 

Hope you find help soon, dude!

@justbiglee With the announcement of @Hatta leaving the Codemasters family hopefully your job is safe mate :)

@justbiglee With the announcement of @Hatta leaving the Codemasters family hopefully your job is safe mate :)
Don't think there is anything to worry about as in a topic @Hatta made on f1 forums he said we were being left in the hands of @justbiglee

Now @justbiglee needs to deal with the F1 forum crowd and they're not as pleasant, joyful and understanding as we, the DiRTies are...
:P

Let's hope Lee soon finds a good wingman so that his attention will only be occupied by DiRTy issues...

They couldn't fire me if they tried... 

Seriously though, Luke left of his own accord, he has a great job lined up at Nvidia and gets to build something from the ground up, be lying if I said I wasn't jealous but I couldn't leave Coleman, D-Man and you guys <3 

Really sorry to write the following lines (as i have played cm games from the original cmr and toca era) but i can see in the air that if f1 2015 and dirt 4 dont sell as much as expected the future will be very dark for Codemasters. :'(

macebig said:
Really sorry to write the following lines (as i have played cm games from the original cmr and toca era) but i can see in the air that if f1 2015 and dirt 4 dont sell as much as expected the future will be very dark for Codemasters. :'(
Codemasters may be in a tricky situation, as their next games will take them into the current gen consoles. They've spent a fair bit of time developing for it, undoubtedly the development has already cost a lot of money... The recent news about redundancies in a way showed that recent releases were not great successes...

However, I would not go as far as saying they cannot recover... I've met some of the guys over there and I've played something, which I think lots of people will like as much as I did.
I know that the guys 'on the ground' know that the best way out of company's troubles would be to make great games and they're definitely on it.

I also know that at least our 'window to CM' - the lone wolf @justbiglee is aware of CM's communication issues, so hopefully he'll use his charm and influence techniques (throw objects from desks to the floor...) to do right by the regular and potential customers.

@GentleNameMVB That is exactly the problem codemasters have now, you might have seen and played something great (they also say f1 2015 is great) but codemasters have literally released no official information about these games. Aside from very dedicated people others probably wouldn't even know F1 2015 or the next dirt game exist.

Keeping everything top secret like this until it is too late is going to kill them, even if they produce good games.

Andi said:
@GentleNameMVB That is exactly the problem codemasters have now, you might have seen and played something great (they also say f1 2015 is great) but codemasters have literally released no official information about these games. Aside from very dedicated people others probably wouldn't even know F1 2015 or the next dirt game exist.

Keeping everything top secret like this until it is too late is going to kill them, even if they produce good games.

I think I've mentioned it before, but there are reasons why they have kept it quiet, hopefully it won't be too much longer until we hear something, and trust me, it will be worth the wait!

Even if those reasons are the licensing of cars and/or events, they could still release a screen shot of an unlicensed rally track (or something) just to get interest bubbling away!

Even if those reasons are the licensing of cars and/or events, they could still release a screen shot of an unlicensed rally track (or something) just to get interest bubbling away!
We're not quiet! I'm anything but and the 65,000+ views on this thread say otherwise :P 

I'm really hoping DiRT 4 just knocks everything out of the park.
There have been some questionable decisions, with some of the recent releases, which have affected not only the sales of those games, but of other games as well.
Notable amongst these is the direction they tried to take with GRID 2, which had a large effect on the sales of Autosport, even though it's (arguably) considerably better than the original, and the game GRID 2 should have been.

https://instagram.com/p/gGWfugEQHy/

Old image but Dear God! I feel mitigated. It's either DiRT 4 or first GRID disguised in rally outfits... whatever lol

The stages bar is on the top of the screen and it looks so much CMR based game; at least a proper rally game as you promised us.

I would wait 4 more yrs for this game to be perfectly developed. 

Darhour said:
If you keep talking like that somebody is liable to offer to take you for a ride on a real life rally stage, then leave you alongside the road, in the middle of nowhere.

ARCNoOne said:
Darhour said:
If you keep talking like that somebody is liable to offer to take you for a ride on a real life rally stage, then leave you alongside the road, in the middle of nowhere.
I'm willing to put my hand on a proper game not a flinched one, mate.

Did someone say Flinch?  :)

We're not quiet! I'm anything but and the 65,000+ views on this thread say otherwise :P 
Multi-view numbers from many of the same members, hoping 'this' time, to learn something official or even unofficial about the game.  Hopefully next time :).

http://www.videogamer.com/ seem to be getting excited about the new DiRT, they tweeted twice about it earlier and wrote a little article about a job opening on the DiRT team

Link to article: 
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/dirt_3/news/codemasters_teases_new_dirt_game.html

https://twitter.com/Codemastersjobs/status/578526584786796544

It's good to see the DiRT team expanding after the downsize not too long ago.

Link to article: 
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/dirt_3/news/codemasters_teases_new_dirt_game.html

https://twitter.com/Codemastersjobs/status/578526584786796544

It's good to see the DiRT team expanding after the downsize not too long ago.
Looking at the description they need to add passionate about rally.  Oh and likes the taste of GRAVEL in the morning :)

Darhour said:
I'd rather see them release yearly expansion packs for a core game, rather than releasing a series of standalone games.
Can you imagine how much better DiRT 3 would be, if you could play any car, and any track, from the entire DiRT series directly from DiRT 3's menus?

ARCNoOne said:
I'd rather see them release yearly expansion packs for a core game, rather than releasing a series of standalone games.
Can you imagine how much better DiRT 3 would be, if you could play any car, and any track, from the entire DiRT series directly from DiRT 3's menus?
For starters it would be nice if you could play any car on any track from the ones that are just in DiRT3 (I know you can do it with a mod, but would be nice, if it was built in the game)