DiRTy Gossip

There's a Spanish preview here: http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/avances/12656/4838/0/dirt-4/

No gameplay, but there's some new screenshoots AFAIK.

bogani said:

Press event in Poland? Hopefully there will be footage :)

https://twitter.com/KonradAdams/status/862216234754084864

Thanks for letting me know! Somehow completely missed it.
I've asked Konrad to record some of the simulator mode footage. We'll see...

tbtstt said:

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

if im honest im surprised they havent let porkhammer do some footage.i d obviously do some aswell if it was needed.i think many here from the sim side want to see how it is in action.as some have said already people want to see if anything like dirt 2/3 handling is in there.which is too easy.

overall seen some great stuff from the video they were terrible though.also on sweden the track width was close to double of dirt rally.you could see on play back you could fit two stratos side by side.which i cant remember that in dirt rally.

as we get nearer release i do expect to see more media so hopefully we push a bit more of the sim side now aswell.

i know if i was doing it i would show one stage from each location rallied cleanly / decently with sim handling with different weather in each if possible. also on pc as graphically it should be better.

Where and who gets codes is down to our Publisher and not us. We are hoping to showcase some of the stuff that you guys have been asking for soon. I think @ChristinaMc maybe asking for requests on the lead up to this but I don't want to speak on her behalf as I am not 100% sure on the plans.

Correct - our publishers will take the lead on code distribution, but I will have some scope to influence this/get some codes of my own. :)

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

When in Rome...!

Was hoping someone would get the reference!  :D

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said:

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

if im honest im surprised they havent let porkhammer do some footage.i d obviously do some aswell if it was needed.i think many here from the sim side want to see how it is in action.as some have said already people want to see if anything like dirt 2/3 handling is in there.which is too easy.

overall seen some great stuff from the video they were terrible though.also on sweden the track width was close to double of dirt rally.you could see on play back you could fit two stratos side by side.which i cant remember that in dirt rally.

as we get nearer release i do expect to see more media so hopefully we push a bit more of the sim side now aswell.

i know if i was doing it i would show one stage from each location rallied cleanly / decently with sim handling with different weather in each if possible. also on pc as graphically it should be better.

Where and who gets codes is down to our Publisher and not us. We are hoping to showcase some of the stuff that you guys have been asking for soon. I think @ChristinaMc maybe asking for requests on the lead up to this but I don't want to speak on her behalf as I am not 100% sure on the plans.

Correct - our publishers will take the lead on code distribution, but I will have some scope to influence this/get some codes of my own. :)

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

When in Rome...!

*nods*
https://youtu.be/Hzx8KHjQD6c

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said:

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

When in Rome...!

I thought I recognised it but didn't think it was from a film you plaigariser ;)

bogani said:

versedi said:

I'm getting hyped, hyped, hyped.

Not sure if it's Polish distributor idea but there will be t-shirts sold which will give an additional discount on the game itself. Any other countries have this too?

Can't wait to get back home from work and watch the video of Stratos in Sweden with sounds.
How does it feel? :>

Marketing t-shirt always have such great fitting. 

Nooooot.

Gonna grab few soon. Anyone intrested? ;p

30 days to go :)

Starting to get hyped! I can only just remember what I'm missing...

it is getting close to unbearable.. :# :D

not been hyped for a game like this for years ! B)

dgeesi0 said:

it is getting close to unbearable.. :# :D

not been hyped for a game like this for years ! B)

Indeed. Speed up time!

I just made it into the top ten all time leader list! Wohoo.

That means I spend more time sniffing D4 information and post here than I actually work when I'm at work  :#

bogani said:

That means I spend more time sniffing D4 information and post here than I actually work when I'm at work  :#

Dam, I've just overtaken the man, the myth, the legend that is lee. I'm honoured guys

bogani said:

Dam, I've just overtaken the man, the myth, the legend that is lee. I'm honoured guys

He's slacking......

dgeesi0 said:

its the gamekings linked here http://www.gamekings.tv/videos/lets-play-dirt-4/

Are they dropping a tonne of f-bombs, or is that just what Dutch sounds like?

HrrrRRrrr...
:D

[OT] I may start streaming DiRT4 with my new internet connection :)

BTW. New Zealanders, it's 600 people village :P

I'll probably stream it as soon as I play it lol. Also just realised, June 9th is a FRIDAY! Most games release on a Tuesday which means I can't pull all-nighters :P I haven't been this excited about a game since GTA V I don't think

A few things struck me as odd in that video. First, when they restarted the stage, the car was still damaged. It looked like it'd been patched in service, but it's a restart, shouldn't the car be restored to how it was to begin with? It would be somewhat lame if damage carried over from restarts. From stage to stage, yes of course, but from restarts makes no sense. Also, the car seemed to be repairing itself through the stage: the bumper for example went in a flash from repaired to brand new.

Hope that was just an earlier development build.

Yeah, at 12:10 mark it goes from patched up to new. Most probably just a bug. 

I'll probably stream it as soon as I play it lol. Also just realised, June 9th is a FRIDAY! Most games release on a Tuesday which means I can't pull all-nighters :P I haven't been this excited about a game since GTA V I don't think

I'm really counting on the courier to be at least one day earlier. It happens often when preordering in my country <3 

versedi said:

I'm really counting on the courier to be at least one day earlier. It happens often when preordering in my country <3 

I'm hoping we can pre-load the game on Steam, sometimes its made available but not always. I got my copy of GTA V a day late because of Royal Mail, even the RM official twitter page was posting about delivering copies of it and some may be the next day, just goes to show how huge of a release it was!

My dad then switched the disc out before I got home from work with the Grand Theft Auto movie disc to try and trick me >_< I was too smart though :D

SkyRex said:

I have another two questions to @KickUp about the upcoming Clubs/Leagues:

With multiclass events being a thing now, can we create Multiclass League Seasons and will the classes have different Rankings throughout the Season? Can people be 'locked' in class once they choose to enter in one of the available classes in a League?
If not available, can we maybe create above system manually with the mentioned increased control for league/club- creators?

It works much the same as Leagues did in DR - you can create Events based on the in-game Vehicle Classes. You could quite easily organise them yourself though e.g. set up Events with the same saved stages for different classes.

Second, can we 'create' our own car classes or is multiclass always tied to the ingame classes? For example setting up one class of a multiclass event as containing the Impreza 01, Focus 01 and Evo VI and none of the others (kinda 2001'sWRC-class) ?
Yep, Club events can feature multiple individual vehicles. :)

There is a new Spanish preview with some new screenshots too.
http://www.vandal.net/avances/ps4/dirt-4/45626/2

@KickUp @Hatward Can you put the option to filter the classification according to the car category?
It would be very useful in simulating the world championship. Dirt Rally is impossible and creates so much discomfort ...
Could you enter the option to export the (general and stage) ranking in excel or similar format?

There is a new Spanish preview with some new screenshots too.
http://www.vandal.net/avances/ps4/dirt-4/45626/2

Incredible that those screens are from a PS4!

Those shots all look great...

P308R said:

...but this one is stunning! Come on release date, hurry up and get here!

if these shots were all done by the capture only option on PS4 with no afterwards editting than it is a huge improvement over DR.

Kudos to @KickUp and the team  :)

Will there be any Codemasters presence in Mettet this weekend @KickUp/@ChristinaMC?