DiRTy Gossip

https://www.microsofthouse.it/events/dirt4-microsoft-house/

"on May 23 at the Microsoft House starting from 15.30"
"Paul Coleman, Chief Game Designer at Codemasters, which will meet the community and answer your questions."

https://www.microsofthouse.it/events/dirt4-microsoft-house/

"on May 23 at the Microsoft House starting from 15.30"

"Paul Coleman, Chief Game Designer at Codemasters, which will meet the community and answer your questions."

Yay, and it's gonna be in Italy, my homecountry....too bad I'm about 500 km from that Microsoft House place in Milan :'( But hopefully more footage from the journalists and fans

Sheesh, anyone having framerate issues on that German vid? less than 30fps for thier video?

Sheesh, anyone having framerate issues on that German vid? less than 30fps for thier video?

Haven't seen a german vid yet? Where and by whom?

@ChristinaMc will high quality (mobile) wallpapers be released as was done with DiRT Rally. I'm still using the 2560*2560 wallpapers on my phone, and would love some 4K wallpapers for PC.

SkyRex said:

Haven't seen a german vid yet? Where and by whom?

I'm guessing he has mistaken the Dutch videos for German.

Sorry, Dutch is close enough for me (unless i really listen (i wasn't)) to mistake and assume German.  The number four is the same in both languages too?

Sorry, Dutch is close enough for me (unless i really listen (i wasn't)) to mistake and assume German.  The number four is the same in both languages too?

Yea, 'vier' in both languages, but it's pronounced less angry in Dutch ;)

Yes Vier is the same, there are actually quite a few words that are quite similar (but so are in english) and particularly the grammar is same I believe, but it is still very different. Dutch can't understand german and Germans can't understand dutch (unless they learn it of course).

I just tried to find a similar situation with a language compared to english, but failed...  Probably because english emerged from a mix of several european languages together and is therefor quite distinguishable to everything, no?

Just thought I missed the first german news-cover, but, I guess, who am I kidding. The german game media is most of the time late to the party and I feel they are all very very mainstream oriented anyway.  

zissakos1 said:

that spanish village, will it be the same everytime it is chosen to be on the stage, or will it be dynamically generated differently everytime (or is there a fixed number of premade varioations)?

The best way to think of how YourStage works, is to think of the map, the landscape in which the stage can exist.
When you generate the stage, it chooses a route through the land/environment in which the village exists at all times (that might be dynamic) so if, how and when you experience the village, all depends on how the stage generator routes the road through the map.

Oh man, why doesn't anyone in all those gameplay videos ever pick that Quattro for a drive!!  :# :)

zissakos1 said:

that spanish village, will it be the same everytime it is chosen to be on the stage, or will it be dynamically generated differently everytime (or is there a fixed number of premade varioations)?

The best way to think of how YourStage works, is to think of the map, the landscape in which the stage can exist.
When you generate the stage, it chooses a route through the land/environment in which the village exists at all times (that might be dynamic) so if, how and when you experience the village, all depends on how the stage generator routes the road through the map.

@KickUp @F2CMaDMaXX

Well I wondered as well how that would actually work because more complexity adds more elevation and it is still generated in the same environment. It could also mean that villages could change depending on terrain variety?

zissakos1 said:

@KickUp

There are variations.  

sqdstr said:

Oh man, why doesn't anyone in all those gameplay videos ever pick that Quattro for a drive!!  :# :)

Because it is an absolute pig. 

KickUp said:

sqdstr said:

Challenge accepted.

I just need a quick test build now :)

I'm in the US and Steam says Dirt 4 will be available on the 9th. Is that not correct?

I just watched the Dutch video, there's some really cool crash effects at 2:02. Little pieces flying up and falling back down on the car, and it looks like some of the pieces crack the windshield. You can watch the cracks spread. Looking good @urgaffel!

KickUp said:

sqdstr said:

I like my Quattro how I like my women...

Rygar86 said:
Yikes :# Hope you didn't hurt yourself too bad? Its just a hunch but I think they will make it available after some weeks or months. Im pretty sure other games have done this too.

Well, two fingers are knicked, the middle needed a touch of surgery... at least it doesn't hurt too much.
RallyDriven said:
Rygar86 said:
May I suggest...Heavy Drinking?  Either that or Thai Chi.

Heavy drinking tends to work normally

In that case, have you tried sober?

bogani said:

So who of you nice Americans will accept a donation to gift me Dirt 4 on June 6th? ;)

If you pay me back I'm game. Actually thinking about it, it'd be cheaper than buying it there too, since Steam doesn't understand currency exchange rates.

I thought it was German too... the worrying thing is that I'm attending a course of German 

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/864910316567748608

I want one
<3. A lot better than getting an entire tree in the cockpit right through the windshield 

carpa said:

I thought it was German too... the worrying thing is that I'm attending a course of German 

I had German classes in middleschool (and I wasn't very good), but that didn't sound german to me, you could hear something was off :D 

So apparently Polish distributor hired a professional dubbing actor Jacek Kopczynski to record Polish co-driver calls. I know he is known from games like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect and The Witcher, but why?

PaloSamo said:

So apparently Polish distributor hired a professional dubbing actor Jacek Kopczynski to record Polish co-driver calls. I know he is known from games like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect and The Witcher, but why?

He recorded also in DiRT 2 and 3. So they probably wanted to take him again 

I want one <3. A lot better than getting an entire tree in the cockpit right through the windshield 

Oszukać Przeznaczenie is Polish movie title translation - Final Destination
- Driver's words: Oh fuuu******. We're alive. Car's OK. 
- Co-D.: That was the left one. It was too fast.
- Naah, we were doing good. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em6R4spZL1Y

PaloSamo said:

Once I've heard that voice I've known I know it from somewhere and it's an actor. Where did you find out?