Jump to content
DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts


bogani said:



KickUp said:





bogani said:







KickUp said:














So, channel with 644 subscribers can have a ps4 code? Just give one to @Porkhammer already :D










No one has been given a code. They came to the event in London yesterday.
As I have said many times before we cannot tell the journalists who attend these events how to drive or what they can and cannot do. 








They could probably have used the game audio without any copyright trouble though?






Perhaps their capture kit didn't record the audio so they had to use this instead. 




Nah, they wrote in the desription the removed the audio for copyright reasons.


Ah fair enough. It's nothing we enforced on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@KickUp you probably missed my question, will there still be random rocks on road in D4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bogani said:


Nah, they wrote in the desription the removed the audio for copyright reasons.


I think those guys are just really green @bogani and a bit confused about things. I have to say the quality of their video capture is really high quality, the best Ive seen of D4 by far. Game looks stunningly good and that footage of the mini in the fog in Wales is soooo sexy. Also, unless Im mistaken, the rain effects on the RX track look improved as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Rygar86 said:





KickUp said:











So, channel with 644 subscribers can have a ps4 code? Just give one to @Porkhammer already :D








No one has been given a code. They came to the event in London yesterday.
As I have said many times before we cannot tell the journalists who attend these events how to drive or what they can and cannot do. 






Nope, that would not be ethical. You can only hope that people will like the game and do a good job of representing the game to the market. Are you guys at Codies still planing on doing some gameplay footage before release as was mentioned earlier? Im also still hoping for an epic Dirt Show before launch :smiley:

Can I ask as well, what kind of stuff you guys are up to at the moment? Is it mostly testing and bug fixing right now? 

Anyway, hope its going well, the game is looking absolutely fantastic so far and looks to be the extremely worthy successor to the wonderful Dirt Rally that many of us were hoping for, plus even more :)




We've done some recordings of runs in the new Rally cars on various stages using sim. We've then recorded the same runs in the replay. They need to go through approvals so I don't know when they will be available but they should start appearing over the next couple of weeks. 
Work wise the team have been focusing on fixes that will go into the day one patch. Mostly they are fixes for online modes but there are some other bits and pieces that we are putting in as well. The aim is to keep the patch size as small as possible though.
After that we will be putting our plans together for updates but that tends to happen when the game is released and we can gauge what is being said about it. 
Personally I'm going to Milan Mon-Wed next week then Lydden Hill on Thurs-Fri. I'm spending the weekend with my family and then going to Paris Tues- Wed. This is all for preview events and getting the game in front of as many journalists as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

versedi said:

@KickUp you probably missed my question, will there still be random rocks on road in D4?


No but there will be other events that occur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Rygar86 said:



bogani said:



Nah, they wrote in the desription the removed the audio for copyright reasons.




I think those guys are just really green @bogani and a bit confused about things. I have to say the quality of their video capture is really high quality, the best Ive seen of D4 by far. Game looks stunningly good and that footage of the mini in the fog in Wales is soooo sexy. Also, unless Im mistaken, the rain effects on the RX track look improved as well.


It was captured from PS4.

The runs we have done we're on PC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am going to try withholding myself from a lot of footage from now on!

How are you guys/girls staring out btw in D4? I think I am going to buy myself a cheap (is it?) 205 GTI and get cracking in the career for starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:


So, channel with 644 subscribers can have a ps4 code? Just give one to @Porkhammer already :D


No one has been given a code. They came to the event in London yesterday.
As I have said many times before we cannot tell the journalists who attend these events how to drive or what they can and cannot do. 


Nope, that would not be ethical. You can only hope that people will like the game and do a good job of representing the game to the market. Are you guys at Codies still planing on doing some gameplay footage before release as was mentioned earlier? Im also still hoping for an epic Dirt Show before launch :smiley:

Can I ask as well, what kind of stuff you guys are up to at the moment? Is it mostly testing and bug fixing right now? 

Anyway, hope its going well, the game is looking absolutely fantastic so far and looks to be the extremely worthy successor to the wonderful Dirt Rally that many of us were hoping for, plus even more :)


We've done some recordings of runs in the new Rally cars on various stages using sim. We've then recorded the same runs in the replay. They need to go through approvals so I don't know when they will be available but they should start appearing over the next couple of weeks. 
Work wise the team have been focusing on fixes that will go into the day one patch. Mostly they are fixes for online modes but there are some other bits and pieces that we are putting in as well. The aim is to keep the patch size as small as possible though.
After that we will be putting our plans together for updates but that tends to happen when the game is released and we can gauge what is being said about it. 
Personally I'm going to Milan Mon-Wed next week then Lydden Hill on Thurs-Fri. I'm spending the weekend with my family and then going to Paris Tues- Wed. This is all for preview events and getting the game in front of as many journalists as possible. 


Cheers for the update @KickUp and cheers for all you guys hard work, if it wasnt for that and all the teams passion for Rally we would never enjoy such amazing games :) Thanks also for that upcoming gameplay sim footage, really looking forward to it!

Promotion schedule looks a little hectic  :# Good luck at all the Press Events, hope they are massive and go extremely well :smiley:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


https://youtu.be/yS3hCW_qh6Y

Don't remember this trailer.                      


That was a minute of pure win. WHY ISN'T IT JUNE 9TH YET?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
From the SimracingPaddock guy from the 1,5h stream. Last parts sounds awesome :)

"Damage seems pretty solid. It MAY be a little too tough to total the cars though, which is kind of disappointing. I would have liked to see the cars be easier to total, but I forget what settings I was running in the Live Stream, so I'm not certain as to the current stage of Mechanical Damage in D4.

However, a semi-related thing happened to me with mechanical failures, which is promising. In my testing before the Live Stream started, I did have a situation where a brake rotor had something happen to it halfway through a stage, which caused a GOD AWFUL screeching sound, like the metal on metal on the pads. A few minutes later, the screeching stopped, but I noticed I lost braking in the Right Rear wheel, created an all new challenge."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

Nah, they wrote in the desription the removed the audio for copyright reasons.


I think those guys are just really green @bogani and a bit confused about things. I have to say the quality of their video capture is really high quality, the best Ive seen of D4 by far. Game looks stunningly good and that footage of the mini in the fog in Wales is soooo sexy. Also, unless Im mistaken, the rain effects on the RX track look improved as well.

It was captured from PS4.

The runs we have done we're on PC. 



Sorry, but I couldnt resist...


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
well pc does look a lot better.so you would think that would be the main media footage.

the earlier footage was decent quality but the music nope turned it off. :D.

also codemasters are very good with youtube stuff.many companies dont even allow recording or you have to ask for permission before doing so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tbtstt said:





https://youtu.be/yS3hCW_qh6Y

Don't remember this trailer.                      




That was a minute of pure win. WHY ISN'T IT JUNE 9TH YET?!


Awesome trailer! Cheerz @SergeyTokarev I have not seen that one for some reason, only the other one. If that doesnt get people excited Im not sure what will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just realised that I'm away on the 9th and 10th :( but luckily the reason is because I'm doing a rally in real life!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rygar86 said:



tbtstt said:








https://youtu.be/yS3hCW_qh6Y

Don't remember this trailer.                      






That was a minute of pure win. WHY ISN'T IT JUNE 9TH YET?!




Awesome trailer! Cheerz @SergeyTokarev I have not seen that one for some reason, only the other one. If that doesnt get people excited Im not sure what will.


You've not seen it yet because it's not fully approved, and these people should definitely not have it live yet... PRETEND YOU NEVER SAW IT AND ACT SURPRISED WHEN IT *ACTUALLY* COMES EVERYONE! *panics*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
P308R said:

I am going to try withholding myself from a lot of footage from now on!

How are you guys/girls staring out btw in D4? I think I am going to buy myself a cheap (is it?) 205 GTI and get cracking in the career for starters.



Well Sir, Im glad you asked...

I was thinking I might do the qualifying part (I think you have to do this) get my rally licence and quickly do some 'Your Stage' freeplay and begin by testing Spain first, just to see how improved the asphalt handling is as I'm pretty keen for this. Then maybe test each other country for a couple of freeplay stages each, Australia first then Wales and then Michigan, will probably skip Sweden at this point ;)

After that initial introduction, I will take on career mode properly and then work my way up until I can buy a 95 Impreza, paint it silver FTW and then drive off into the sunset, just me and my faithful Scuby and a billion stages to conquer!

Then to break up extended career rally sessions, start exploring Rally Cross, especially those mental Cross Karts! Next, some Land Rush and then of course, onto some gratuitous hooning around the Dirt Academy like an escaped lunatic with some hypnotic box breaking therapy to help me unwind :smiley:


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Rygar86 said:
tbtstt said:




https://youtu.be/yS3hCW_qh6Y

Don't remember this trailer.                      



That was a minute of pure win. WHY ISN'T IT JUNE 9TH YET?!


Awesome trailer! Cheerz @SergeyTokarev I have not seen that one for some reason, only the other one. If that doesnt get people excited Im not sure what will.




You've not seen it yet because it's not fully approved, and these people should definitely not have it live yet... PRETEND YOU NEVER SAW IT AND ACT SURPRISED WHEN IT *ACTUALLY* COMES EVERYONE! *panics*


Oooh naughty! But do not panic because...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Rygar86 said:





tbtstt said:











https://youtu.be/yS3hCW_qh6Y

Don't remember this trailer.                      








That was a minute of pure win. WHY ISN'T IT JUNE 9TH YET?!






Awesome trailer! Cheerz @SergeyTokarev I have not seen that one for some reason, only the other one. If that doesnt get people excited Im not sure what will.




You've not seen it yet because it's not fully approved, and these people should definitely not have it live yet... PRETEND YOU NEVER SAW IT AND ACT SURPRISED WHEN IT *ACTUALLY* COMES EVERYONE! *panics*



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The intro video really sets the mood. Great work there @KickUp!

Oh, and the narrators accent is awesome ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


You've not seen it yet because it's not fully approved, and these people should definitely not have it live yet... PRETEND YOU NEVER SAW IT AND ACT SURPRISED WHEN IT *ACTUALLY* COMES EVERYONE! *panics*


Oh snap :)
This should help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
From the roadbook supported peripherals list:

As mentioned before, this is the initial list – but we’ll update you accordingly with any further updates to the above!
Good to hear the Oculus Rift CV1 will be added to the list :)
(Does not actually say anywhere, but I'm hopeful it will be one of those 'further updates')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites






You've not seen it yet because it's not fully approved, and these people should definitely not have it live yet... PRETEND YOU NEVER SAW IT AND ACT SURPRISED WHEN IT *ACTUALLY* COMES EVERYONE! *panics*




Oh snap :)
This should help



Help what? What haven't I seen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×