DiRTy Gossip

With all these hints and rumors and all, I think we've been playing DiRT4/Codies next Rally game for a while now.

Once I finally got the message (yeah I'm a bit slow), I ran it through my sci-fi grade filters to try to clean it up and recreate the original. Ended up with this, seriously guys they are trolling us! :)

Codies has a sense of humour that's for sure. Bring on the gossip! 

@dotmartin   -  have you really ran the "research" photo through some fancy software and was there really a 'karate chopped it out' sticker in the original? Now I'm confused more than usual.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to spot any tweets/hints strong enough to deploy wild speculation.

However, DiRT twitter account revealed something rather important:

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/465947918344929280

When @WorldRallyBlog kindly asked for one more key reveal: will the game have stages? DiRTy Twitter stopped being nice:

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/465948654134890496

Hurt by such a cold reception WorldRallyBlog went on a speculation rampage: Classic Colin McRae stages in new DiRT game?

OK, you read/heard it here first – new DiRT game, which I presume will use the name DiRT 4, will use some of the classic stages, first seen in the original Colin McRae Rally series of games.

I would definetly like to see those locations back, and as long as the stages are graphicly up to date I wouldn't mind them using these stages, but else I'd rather have new, narrow, stages at Corsica etc. I'd love to see some more european locations like Wales and Greece, Corsica etc. we've had a lot of USA Africa and Asia based tracks in DiRT 2 & 3 already.

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/465948654134890496

Hurt by such a cold reception WorldRallyBlog went on a speculation rampage: Classic Colin McRae stages in new DiRT game?

OK, you read/heard it here first – new DiRT game, which I presume will use the name DiRT 4, will use some of the classic stages, first seen in the original Colin McRae Rally series of games.

hahaha how on earth did they come to that conclusion from the DiRT game twitter reply?!

I would definetly like to see those locations back, and as long as the stages are graphicly up to date I wouldn't mind them using these stages, but else I'd rather have new, narrow, stages at Corsica etc. I'd love to see some more european locations like Wales and Greece, Corsica etc. we've had a lot of USA Africa and Asia based tracks in DiRT 2 & 3 already.
It would definitely be nice to have Wales/UK back in the game. Not had UK rally stages since DiRT 1.

gfRally said:
With all these hints and rumors and all, I think we've been playing DiRT4/Codies next Rally game for a while now.
Yup this is it, this thread is the game :P

@MastaVonBlasta that filter is nothing but science fiction. It was I who chopped it in — pun intended! 

KickUp said:
If I'd known @justbiglee‌ was going to sneak up on me and take a picture I'd have left more clues around. It is CMR04 and I was indeed carrying out some research. I'm guessing he shopped the Postit note on my monitor too :P
Can't give away all our secrets :P
You should :D
But where would the fun in that be then? It's great seeing the speculation/guesses on this thread. I'm hoping there'll be even more hints coming once Grid has been released.

KickUp said:
If I'd known @justbiglee‌ was going to sneak up on me and take a picture I'd have left more clues around. It is CMR04 and I was indeed carrying out some research. I'm guessing he shopped the Postit note on my monitor too :P
But where would that fun in the be then, if we knew everything? Just have to keep our eyes open on the twitter feeds :p

KickUp said:
But where would the fun in that be then? It's great seeing the speculation/guesses on this thread. I'm hoping there'll be even more hints coming once Grid has been released.

KickUp said:
But where would that fun in the be then, if we knew everything? Just have to keep our eyes open on the twitter feeds :p

@Rallycameraman 
I definitely agree that fishing for scraps of gossip is fun and even more fun is coming up with wild speculation :) 

Yet more fun would come from having the next DiRT game to play :)

I'm coming to terms with realisation that it will be a while until we get some big official news and quite a while until the game comes out. It is just the way Codies scheduled 2014 releases. Or Maybe DiRT game for Christmas 2014? Hm?

In terms of DiRTi Gossip I'm hoping someone will let something spill when World RX comes to Lydden Hill next weekend (37 Supercars are entered!).
Hopefully members of Codies DiRTi Team will be there to post pics and drop hints :)

In terms of DiRTi Gossip I'm hoping someone will let something spill when World RX comes to Lydden Hill next weekend (37 Supercars are entered!).
Hopefully members of Codies DiRTi Team will be there to post pics and drop hints :)

38 Supercars now (and I've heard a rumour that there may still be more to come)

I shall be there for the whole weekend: if I spot someone in Codemasters gear I shall accost them and demand information!

38! Thats a lot of cars, don't know if any of us are going yet I've not heard anything about a school trip but I'll let you know if I do.

Also just seen on Facebook that Pat Doran's rallycross RS200 (Rosie) is almost complete ready for next weekend:

Heard some interesting numbers with regards to Group B cars in attendance: fingers crossed they all make it to the circuit!

@Rallycameraman 
I definitely agree that fishing for scraps of gossip is fun and even more fun is coming up with wild speculation :) 

Yet more fun would come from having the next DiRT game to play :)

I'm coming to terms with realisation that it will be a while until we get some big official news and quite a while until the game comes out. It is just the way Codies scheduled 2014 releases. Or Maybe DiRT game for Christmas 2014? Hm?

I think with the lack of Info this year (we're halfway through May) we won't see a release this year, but hopefully i'm proved wrong. 

I think best thing to do is to wait for the release of the new Grid, and then maybe a month or so after we could see some news/developments in the DiRT saga.

Perhaps an idea for the team could be to look at the full wishlist, and then release a check list week by week, stating what features/modes/events etc.. are in the new game. That's if any of the wish list is correct :))

I'm seriously considering doing a mock version of THIS with DiRT logos and me saying 'DiRTy Gossip Thread...' X_X

Very recently I was accused by @justbiglee of missing a juice bit of gossip. I'm not exactly sure which bit of info he meant: here's his response:

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/468492955993796608

I've got two guesses: 

I think we'll all agree that @justbigsoftee is the right man for the job :)
Perhaps he's not prone enough to bean spilling, but hopefully he'll enjoy that aspect of the job when the time comes!

2. This tweet: 
https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/467301436435750912

Oh how sweet it would've been to have those two cars, in those liveries in the next DiRT game!

Yeah can't see any info for the next Rally game this year, but they might do what they did with Grid Autosport announce it then release it a month or two later (lets hope they don't ;) )

Hello everyone,

So Mr @JonTucker posted a short video with shoes moving pedals and expects us to guess who's had the pleasure of eating scones and trying a game out at Codies mighty HQ.

https://twitter.com/jontucker1/status/469169986670325761

http://instagram.com/p/oRHqoanFz_/

Apparently it's a driver who competed in rally or/and in rallycross, of British nationality who did not help out with any of the previous DiRT game (not Kris Meeke...)

So please annoy Jon on Twitter to squeeze more hints out of him:)

@tbtstt - do any names spring to your mind? 

- 5 points. There was no scones today #TeamScone
Scones, is that a hint towards Ireland? Could it be Robert Barrable? 

EDIT:
Nope, missed that he/she was confirmed to be British. Ireland is not included there. 

My first thought is Andrew Jordan @MastaVonBlasta. Will head over to Twitter now and read what has been said!

- 5 points. There was no scones today #TeamScone
Apologies for poor reporting on canteen gossip :)

@justbiglee next time you deduct points please spill some beans :D

tbtstt said:
My first thought is Andrew Jordan @MastaVonBlasta. Will head over to Twitter now and read what has been said!
Interesting guess. Like I said on Twitter I'd think Andrew Jordan would be busy preparing for Lydden Hill. Or... and here comes a juicy bit of speculation: he was doing exactly that at Codies HQ! 

I think I may be too much into DiRTi Gossip - I scrolled through Andrew Jordan's timeline to see if there's a photo of him wearing normal shoes...

EDIT:

It wasn't Andrew Jordan...

https://twitter.com/AndrewJordan77/status/456334791944568832/photo/1

Another explanation is that Andrew Jordan owns more than one pair of shoes.