Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

gfRally said:
What the ever living @#$& was that dubbed over engine sound for!?  They only needed to turn up the game sound in the mix instead of the constant jibber jabbering.
I know I am not normal, so I see the world differently (am I in good company? :open_mouth: ).  However, why is it when I see stuff like this it reminds me of TV news fluff piece?  They have all this talent and equipment to put out a great piece of marketing, and we get fake sound and game clips that are not really looking new, at this point.  Must just be me.  
It would be 100 times better if they had the experienced guy Cisco do D4 preview episodes on his own. Just let him spend 10-20 minutes showing us a new aspect of the game each time and telling us what he thinks and talking about cool features, as we watch some glorious high quality footage :).

But watching the other 3 drivers compete in a little "newb cup" is to me pretty pointless and not entertaining at all, I mean they dont even look like they're really into the game. But you can tell the Cisco guy has passion and listening to him would be good and I think it would be a way more interesting and a better advertisement of the game for both 'experienced' and 'non experienced' Rally gamers.

So its not just you @gfRally, Its a fluff piece for sure :D . But it still might somehow get new comers interested in the game, and they are a popular game site with a lot of reach, so at least that would be a good thing. Because I suppose shaby coverage is better than none at all ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You guys are too impatient! It won't be long till the experienced drivers get their hands on the game.  ;)
Just sit back, enjoy the scenery in the videos we've got, and watch the damage model at work. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
New video from Spanish Gamereactor!
https://www.gamereactor.es/grtv/316253
That degree of rotation and level of driving :'( 
Here's some more footage with 'low wheel rotation' to annoy you :D This time Rally Cross.

https://www.gamereactor.es/grtv/316243/Dirt+4+-+Gameplay+de+Rallycross+en+Modo+Simulacion+con+volante+y+pedales/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
fbetes said:
@KickUp

Finally, what happened with famously "Mystery location"? You said it will be a mystery, can we expect a surprise location with the launch of the game?



Thanks for your feedback 
I was messing around at the time. It actually was meant to offer a quick way of getting into a Rally without making any choices but it didn't make sense to keep it so we got rid. 
You done messed up Coleman!  :D



Seriousley though, I think that would be a great feature and get me playing the game in ways I wouldn't otherwise choose. Then every time I press the button it would be a bit like... 



Or you could just make the button load a random episode of...  :D



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BadD0g said:
You guys are too impatient! It won't be long till the experienced drivers get their hands on the game.  ;)
Just sit back, enjoy the scenery in the videos we've got, and watch the damage model at work. :p

Impatience is a requirement for entry into this thread  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rygar86 said:
BadD0g said:
You guys are too impatient! It won't be long till the experienced drivers get their hands on the game.  ;)
Just sit back, enjoy the scenery in the videos we've got, and watch the damage model at work. :p

Impatience is a requirement for entry into this thread  :D
I don't know, I'd argue the opposite. The Dirt 4 discussion technically started over 1000 pages ago after all. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BadD0g said:
Rygar86 said:
BadD0g said:
You guys are too impatient! It won't be long till the experienced drivers get their hands on the game.  ;)
Just sit back, enjoy the scenery in the videos we've got, and watch the damage model at work. :p

Impatience is a requirement for entry into this thread  :D
I don't know, I'd argue the opposite. The Dirt 4 discussion technically started over 1000 pages ago after all. ;)
Well the last 4 months have been more than enough anticipation for me, so Im glad I havnt been waiting for D4 since then or Id probably look like this... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
@jayp666 you disagree with Michigan being too similar to New Zealand or that I would prefer Japan over it? Just curious. 
Mainly disagree with Michigan being too similar ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
bogani said:
New video from Spanish Gamereactor!
https://www.gamereactor.es/grtv/316253
That degree of rotation and level of driving :'( 
I know. Barely worth posting :/

Here's a new IGN video though. The rain is looking impressive :)

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/867837741110763522
I was trying to tell if they were using Gamer or not, Cisco looked like it was Sim but not sure
That roll we see from the heli view looks awesome though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It looks beautiful! The footage so far has really impressed me and I also like that the driver and codriver have gotten a serious update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We can always dream they snuck in a tile like this in Australia  :# 

https://youtu.be/k1TVqtRtlMw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
P308R said:
It looks beautiful! The footage so far has really impressed me and I also like that the driver and codriver have gotten a serious update.
That hurts man  :'(

 ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
P308R said:
It looks beautiful! The footage so far has really impressed me and I also like that the driver and codriver have gotten a serious update.
That hurts man  :'(

 ;) 
I meant visual upgrade  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
P308R said:
KickUp said:
P308R said:
It looks beautiful! The footage so far has really impressed me and I also like that the driver and codriver have gotten a serious update.
That hurts man  :'(

 ;) 
I meant visual upgrade  ;)
Not sure if that actually hurts more  :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I literally can't wait.
It's too much.

I want to go sleep and wake up in 14 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
P308R said:
KickUp said:
P308R said:
It looks beautiful! The footage so far has really impressed me and I also like that the driver and codriver have gotten a serious update.
That hurts man  :'(

 ;) 
I meant visual upgrade  ;)
That's not helping. Just stop.

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
bogani said:
bogani said:
New video from Spanish Gamereactor!
https://www.gamereactor.es/grtv/316253
That degree of rotation and level of driving :'( 
I know. Barely worth posting :/

Here's a new IGN video though. The rain is looking impressive :)

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/867837741110763522
I was trying to tell if they were using Gamer or not, Cisco looked like it was Sim but not sure
That roll we see from the heli view looks awesome though :)
Crashes have been upgraded ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
We can always dream they snuck in a tile like this in Australia  :# 

https://youtu.be/k1TVqtRtlMw
I am the mountain
I am the sea
You can't take that away from me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ark13700 said:
bogani said:
We can always dream they snuck in a tile like this in Australia  :# 

https://youtu.be/k1TVqtRtlMw
I am the mountain
I am the sea
You can't take that away from me
Mon the Biff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I want/don't want to hear my co-driver say one thing in Australia, MINESHAFT!  :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
I want/don't want to hear my co-driver say one thing in Australia, MINESHAFT!  :smile:

Or BROKEN SHAFT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST IS APPROXIMATELY 60% OFF TOPIC:

Another Monster video to knock two minutes off the waiting time for DiRT 4...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7x3fywwGXk

...but, as it features a Pro 2 truck, I have to say that I'm really looking forward to that side of DiRT 4 as well as the rally and rallycross.

Landrush hasn't been the subject of much (if any) of the pre-release hype on the forum, but I think it's a underrated off-road discipline and worthwhile addition to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A new Roadbook has been released: https://www.dirt4game.com/news/46339
tbtstt said:
Another Monster video to knock two minutes off the waiting time for DiRT 4...

While on the topic of knocking off waiting time, I've been playing more DiRT Rally again recently, and am trying to complete my achievements before DiRT 4 is released. Now I was wondering if some of you would be up for a couple of online rallycross races, to achieve the #HappyStreet achievement (play in a full lobby where everyone is your friend). I'm playing on Steam, you can find/add me using the links in my signature.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A new Roadbook has been released: https://www.dirt4game.com/news/46339
tbtstt said:
Another Monster video to knock two minutes off the waiting time for DiRT 4...

While on the topic of knocking off waiting time, I've been playing more DiRT Rally again recently, and am trying to complete my achievements before DiRT 4 is released. Now I was wondering if some of you would be up for a couple of online rallycross races, to achieve the #HappyStreet achievement (play in a full lobby where everyone is your friend). I'm playing on Steam, you can find/add me using the links in my signature.


I would be up for that except DR for me is running horribly in the Rift at the moment, I'm going to do a reinstall this evening and hope for the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
Landrush hasn't been the subject of much (if any) of the pre-release hype on the forum, but I think it's a underrated off-road discipline and worthwhile addition to the game.
It is, but not as much as rallying (yurstage)!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×