DiRTy Gossip

Watching these videos and not being able to play is like torture... yet I'm watching them anyway.

tbtstt said:
Watching these videos and not being able to play is like torture... yet I'm watching them anyway.
Yea I've stopped watching them. I want to be at least a bit surprised when I first play it. Things like the flock of birds coming out of nowhere, I didn't really want to know that would happen at some point.
But it's damn hard not to...

Ho hum, tried to pre-order PC Day One Edition from Gameseek but it keeps saying it's worth £0.00 and fails to process. That's for £30.98, I think shipping is extra too.

So I went to base.com, where's it's £30.99 with free shipping in UK. Win!

tbtstt said:
Yea I've stopped watching them. I want to be at least a bit surprised when I first play it. Things like the flock of birds coming out of nowhere, I didn't really want to know that would happen at some point.
yep im keeping the game a surprise until i play it.watched some official trailers and a little bit with a heli cam replay rest wont watch.nothing like that launch special firing up a new game.would be interesting to hear the back ground story on the guy playing the game early.seen he does mods and stuff on other racing rally games .

dgeesi0 said:
tbtstt said:
yep im keeping the game a surprise until i play it.watched some official trailers and a little bit with a heli cam replay rest wont watch.nothing like that launch special firing up a new game.would be interesting to hear the back ground story on the guy playing the game early.seen he does mods and stuff on other racing rally games .

I wanna be like you, I really want to. 

But I just can't help myself  :'(

bogani said:
dgeesi0 said:
tbtstt said:

I wanna be like you, I really want to. 

But I just can't help myself  :'(
Haha, I'm the same! I can't wait to grips with the rallycross RS200, so I'm quite glad I haven't seen any videos of it: I know I'll be unable to resist if one pops up though!

Why is S. Álvarez always the class leader? In 99% of the vids I've seen he's the leader. Hope the launch version has some more variety with the bots.

Why is S. Álvarez always the class leader? In 99% of the vids I've seen he's the leader. Hope the launch version has some more variety with the bots.
He is the Loeb of this game. 

there has always been similar in other codie games though.as long as you on top does it matter ? :p

dgeesi0 said:
there has always been similar in other codie games though.as long as you on top does it matter ? :p
For championships and rallies with a larger number of stages it does. It would be nice to have a few Ai swap fastest times between stages every now and then (without them needing car problems for this to happen) just so it doesn't feel like you're racing one guy through the whole game.

The M.Rossi of DiRT

Peugeot 208 R5 on Spain from aki1337:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eAPRtZiFUw                                                                                                 

Ho hum, tried to pre-order PC Day One Edition from Gameseek but it keeps saying it's worth £0.00 and fails to process. That's for £30.98, I think shipping is extra too.

Will you get it by 9th of June (or 11th at least) to be able to participate in the special i20R5 event?

PaloSamo said:

Will you get it by 9th of June (or 11th at least) to be able to participate in the special i20R5 event?
Not sure, plus having a little daughter limits my playtime. I just get it for the Hyundai included + for my complete collection of PC rally games!

New Roadbook is up:

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt-4/05/dirt-4-road-book-310517/                

And a behind the scenes video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOBI58NssdI&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=xGigQe2F02R3qUUc-6                                          

Azoresst said:
New Roadbook is up:

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt-4/05/dirt-4-road-book-310517/                                                           
Looks like an advertorial for Razer, but at least their liveries look better than back in GRID Autosport.

Yea I've been battling with C. Nguyen constantly in DiRT Rally. Really sucks that when he has some car problems the next best guy is like a minute or two behind, which means an easy win for me. Some more people battling for first instead of just filling up the class would be nice.

the metro 6R4 one looks very nice B)   when you watch the fiesta trailer you realize what effort goes into making this game.                                         

Corret me if i'm wrong, but Engine Sound of 208 R5 isn't from a real one, right?

Other than that, Sounds from that 208 R5 vid are fantastic. We can easily hear all the " metal clank-creak-screak ", inside the cockpit. Really awesome!! Altough, i'm unimpressed with the sounds of the E2 ( vid posted a couple pages back ). It might be because of vid quality, i don't know, but it sounds weird, it looks muffled :(

Edit: That Maxi Gearbox grind <3

ark13700 said:
The M.Rossi of DiRT
N. McKane

I really like the continuing trend of Playstation controllers being modded to essentially be Xbox controllers. It's almost like official proof that Japan still has yet to make a comfortable controller for human hands.