DiRTy Gossip

Right, vajb just got his key from Codies and will be streaming Dirt 4 on ps4 live this evening (probably sometime around 8pm (CEST), maybe an hour later or so) throw him a follow and check at https://www.twitch.tv/vajbtv for when it goes live! Streams will continue the next days/weeks/months.

Download size is 34.2GB (ps4) for him, a few of you might be interested in that.

For those who are catching up and havnt seen them yet, I thought I would consolidate all the Dirt 4 videos so far, from our (lucky bastard :D) friend aki1337, enjoy...

Spain at night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HI77FaslEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvzHK0ixSbk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5xapB-LEVk

nice to see Vajb is on later will watch him B)                                 

P308R said:
The person at Codies who worked on the exhaustflames should get an award. Man I love how it spits fire and how it reacts within the environment!
\o/  (to be fair, I couldn't have done it without our ace graphics programers)

Areyouben said:
It looks a little bit like the car rotates around it's center instead of it standing on 4 wheels, kinda like the old CMR games.
Not sure whether to flag this as abusive, off topic or disagree... ;)

versedi said:
Rygar86 said:
Another video! This guy is a machine...what a legend! :smiley:

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqUyGwzPqW4

Look on car behaviour on chase cam... looks bad :( I hope its a gamer handling ;)
What's bad? Could you elaborate on that? I see you whining about the car reactions but you didn't state even one solid argument to make us agree with you.
I said that becouse the car not turning propetly. Car rotates around it's center instead of it standing on 4 wheels like in dirt rally and old dirt games. So i think its a gamer handling. I see other videos with for example Fiesta R5 and car turning very realistic like on this video : 

We will see today during vajb stream ;) I saw his game rig so its very possible that he will use Simulation Handling ;) 

urgaffel said:
P308R said:
The person at Codies who worked on the exhaustflames should get an award. Man I love how it spits fire and how it reacts within the environment!
\o/  (to be fair, I couldn't have done it without our ace graphics programers)

Areyouben said:
It looks a little bit like the car rotates around it's center instead of it standing on 4 wheels, kinda like the old CMR games.
Not sure whether to flag this as abusive, off topic or disagree... ;)
Create two more accounts and you can cover them all ;)

Rygar86 said:
Lynx2000 said:
I bet that Alvarez'  first name is Sebastian it's just the next generation of rally winning Sebastian's first we had Loeb than Ogier and now we have  Alvarez 
Someone is cloning them in their basement :D
There is something strange with that name because we also have a Sebastian Vettel in F1...

Alvarez always used to be kinda crap in DR, and if I recall correctly in D3 as well (where he drove the Osiris car). Every time I crash in DR but finish ahead of him I'm happy I'm the best of the Argentines :p

Point is, it's fun that he's the best now :D he improved so fast

Massively off topic, but I just saw this picture of an R5 Fiesta doing the rounds on Facebook...

...I think I have found my DiRT 4 team colour! 

tbtstt said:
Massively off topic, but I just saw this picture of an R5 Fiesta doing the rounds on Facebook...

Yep that't a nice colour. About the same blue they use on Volvos Polestar cars!

@KickUp @ChristinaMc
Sorry if this has been asked before but will created leagues for DR carry over to D4?

bogani said:
tbtstt said:

Yep that't a nice colour. About the same blue they use on Volvos Polestar cars!
Its similar to the launch color of the new focus RS

The Porkinator himself has got a press key from codies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IbCTlJgtUk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGnhG9brCGI

And he is raping the game! Now I know that Porkie is on full on simulation mode, the hype as began! Unfortunatly I have so much to do that can only get my hands on D4 on the 12th :/

Hopefully he can shed some light to all the confusion regarding the sim-physics. Porkie know's what's up

I love how the puddles affect the car now, but there are still no potholes or road wear. 

Soooooo @Porkhammer, how does it feel so far?

Must say the it looks a bit different when the driver is using a wheel. In a good way :)

Edit: Porkie's got a head start learning each individual tile in the game so he can smash everyone like he did in DR ;)

P308R said:
@KickUp @ChristinaMc
Sorry if this has been asked before but will created leagues for DR carry over to D4?
We don't know yet. It's something we want to do though. 

bonnet cam not seen that in anything yet ?                     

bogani said:
Soooooo @Porkhammer, how does it feel so far?

Must say the it looks a bit different when the driver is using a wheel. In a good way :)

Edit: Porkie's got a head start learning each individual tile in the game so he can smash everyone like he did in DR ;)
Quotes from Youtube:
* Thanks for your comment. Yes, the cars have actual weight. ;) 
So far it feels amazing. The cars interacts with the roads a lot better.

Good to hear from an expert like Porkhammer, but Im not that surprised, as all indications have been pointing to improvements in the physics and handling over Dirt Rally. So keen to feel those differences first hand though, especially on tarmac.

The old G27 is gonna be getting a good work out soon  ;)

@KickUp @ChristinaMc
How is it going to work with PC version released on DVD (eg. release in Poland)? Will we be able to connect the game to the Steam account? If yes, will there be a code to download the game from Steam directly instead of juggling ~10 DVDs?

Unfortunately, the publisher in Poland does not say anything about Steam and I'm afraid it might not be able to connect it with Steam to get auto updates or access Steam Workshop.