DiRTy Gossip

With the careervideos coming in I really stop watching. From this I don't want anything spoiled. Would it be possible for those who have early access add a spoilertag to anything career related in D4? I like to be in the gossipthread but I am afraid to find out stuff I don't want to. Maybe a D4 spoiler thread itself would be an option?

Just a thought  :)

Ok @Porkhammer , do this, but with YOUR Wales & Opel...

https://youtu.be/3asBK2Ld0A0

:D 

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Massively off topic, but I just saw this picture of an R5 Fiesta doing the rounds on Facebook...

...I think I have found my DiRT 4 team colour! 
Yep that't a nice colour. About the same blue they use on Volvos Polestar cars!
Volvo!!!!

P308R said:
With the careervideos coming in I really stop watching. From this I don't want anything spoiled. Would it be possible for those who have early access add a spoilertag to anything career related in D4? I like to be in the gossipthread but I am afraid to find out stuff I don't want to. Maybe a D4 spoiler thread itself would be an option?

I'm scratching my head trying to think of where there could be spoilers in a racing game (aside from the backs of the cars). Does Neil Cole get killed by S. (Sephiroth) Alvarez? Is Nicky Grist Andrew Ryan all along ("Would you kindly pull up to the marshal")? At the end of the game does Jen Horsey take off her helmet to reveal she's female?

dwkGravey said:
P308R said:

I'm scratching my head trying to think of where there could be spoilers in a racing game (aside from the backs of the cars). Does Neil Cole get killed by S. (Sephiroth) Alvarez? Is Nicky Grist Andrew Ryan all along ("Would you kindly pull up to the marshal")? At the end of the game does Jen Horsey take off her helmet to reveal she's female?
There's actually a career mode this time, something completely different then dirt rally. Some don't want to see any of that until they play. And then there's dirt fish rally school and joy ride. Something that's 100% new. 

I meant more menu related and careerprogress related stuff, unlockable liveries etc etc.

dwkGravey said:
I'm scratching my head trying to think of where there could be spoilers in a racing game (aside from the backs of the cars).
The career stages are the same for everyone, so that's one reason why one would want to avoid any career footage. You know, to retain that rally experience to the fullest.

grrr if you record from bonnet view which i play in youtube video come up pixelated. :'(

im playing sim handling its not like dirt rally.different.

I'll put my Dirt 4 onboards in the replay thread from now on, to avoid spamming this beautiful thread. ;)

I'll put my Dirt 4 onboards in the replay thread from now on, to avoid spamming this beautiful thread. ;)
I appreciated your D4 footage here :( Replay thread is full of DR videos, I am all about D4 personally...

Spam it dude. 

I just watched your 037 Wales video. 
Nope I can't do those things with that thing with a controller.
Great stuff!
Edit: And helicopter dust cloud f#€k yeah!

dgeesi0 said:
just drove the 037 so easy compared to dirt rally.
Hmm. Just watched Porks 037 footage in Wales. Just as with the 2001 Impreza it almost feels like there is no wheel spin at all. You can yell "throttle control" all you want. It just looks a bit odd.

Did they tone down the gravel spray sounds btw??

That's a lot of Pork's skill, he has exceptional throttle control, all his DR vids are equally as 'boring' :(

bogani said:
dgeesi0 said:
Hmm. Just watched Porks 037 footage in Wales. Just as with the 2001 Impreza it almost feels like there is no wheel spin at all. You can yell "throttle control" all you want. It just looks a bit odd.

When I watch videos of Dirt Rally, it always looks like it's much easier than it actually is. It's hard to see what exactly is going on in terms of throttle/brake control. I imagine it's the same with Dirt 4. I find it strange that so many people are already "judging" the physics from watching video, having not played the game yet.

BadD0g said:
bogani said:
dgeesi0 said:

When I watch videos of Dirt Rally, it always looks like it's much easier than it actually is. It's hard to see what exactly is going on in terms of throttle/brake control. I imagine it's the same with Dirt 4. I find it strange that so many people are already "judging" the physics from watching video, having not played the game yet.
Not judging anything until I try it out myself and I totally agree that it can look quite different than what it actually feels like. 

I'll let you know ;)                                                                     

I'll let you know ;)                                                                     
Wat?

I'll let you know ;)                                                                     
You didn't get one of them fancy-schmancy codes now, didya?

i wish i had a code to start modding it already, cant wait, also if anyone that has a code could pm me a screenshot of each livery of each car(just the menu selection) would be great

To be fair, the 037 in Dirt 4 is indeed easier to drive than the one in DR - but it does slap you around if you get cocky. One moment you're heading down the road, the next you're facing the forest. Throttle control still applies. The default setup makes it kind of understeery though.

I'll tell you when it finishes downloading ;)
Bah! I have a code too, but I had to trade my monies for it, and I don't get to use it until the 9th. Until then it just sits there, mocking me.