DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

To be fair, the 037 in Dirt 4 is indeed easier to drive than the one in DR - but it does slap you around if you get cocky. One moment you're heading down the road, the next you're facing the forest. Throttle control still applies. The default setup makes it kind of understeery though.
How's the tarmac? Didn't get the impression you was very impressed?

SamRWD said:
I'll put my Dirt 4 onboards in the replay thread from now on, to avoid spamming this beautiful thread. ;)
I appreciated your D4 footage here :( Replay thread is full of DR videos, I am all about D4 personally...
 Spam it dude. 

I just watched your 037 Wales video. 
Nope I can't do those things with that thing with a controller.
Great stuff!
Edit: And helicopter dust cloud f#€k yeah!
Oh alright, but just one more. ;)

The 205 GTI in Sweden:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb-6sgVvCMM

bogani said:
How's the tarmac? Didn't get the impression you was very impressed?
Well... it is better than DR's.

Porkhammer said:
The 205 GTI in Sweden:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb-6sgVvCMM

That looked like fun! As someone who could never get comfortable in Sweden in DR, I hope the handling improvements can help me out a little.  :D

Looks like that car doesn't have a gear indicator. What about people like me who use no HUD and sequential? Am I going to have to learn how to actually count my gears?  :o

Right, I can't stand it anymore! Anyone who lives in Colombia and has a sim rig to test it out once it's released?
Or maybe someone that lives in California? I'll be travelling around there the last two weeks of July.
It's going to be unbearable seeing everyone enjoying themselves for two months while I'm sitting here reading and watching clips!
Basically cyber torture!

BadD0g said:
Looks like that car doesn't have a gear indicator. What about people like me who use no HUD and sequential? Am I going to have to learn how to actually count my gears?  :o
Use a dashboard app. I use SimRacing Dashboard: works with DR (and so hopefully with D4), free, easy to customize (or create new themes).

In DR, i started to get a little more comfortable with Sweden, but there was always something that bit me and didn't quite feel right.

D4 is a different story, those rolls you've all seen in videos, they come from the rest of the physics changes; i just went crazy in the '01 WRX through a Swedish stage, much more preservatgion of angular momentum, lots of fun, much more expected results of running up onto the snow banks without that feeling the car wants to self right all the time.

Very interesting, he goes through nearly all the menu options and cars!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PrlwCp6q6c

Rygar86 said:

love that menu tune - nice work codies.

The very first thing I'll do when DiRT 4 will be installed...

1) In my Steam Library, I will right-click on DiRT 4 and select "Properties."
2) Click the "Updates" tab.
3) Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for DiRT 4."
4) Click "Close."

I had my share of bad luck with cloud saving.

Right, I can't stand it anymore! Anyone who lives in Colombia and has a sim rig to test it out once it's released?
Or maybe someone that lives in California? I'll be travelling around there the last two weeks of July.
It's going to be unbearable seeing everyone enjoying themselves for two months while I'm sitting here reading and watching clips!
Basically cyber torture!

I'm in Arizona....

BadD0g said:
Porkhammer said:
The 205 GTI in Sweden:
That looked like fun! As someone who could never get comfortable in Sweden in DR, I hope the handling improvements can help me out a little.  :D

No... You just shift up on straights when the engine makes a loud vroomy vroomy noise, and shift down on corners when it gets quiet and its fuzzydropums become fuzzyupums.

MrDeap said:

4) Click "Close."

That's a default setting (enabled)

That's a lot of Pork's skill, he has exceptional throttle control, all his DR vids are equally as 'boring' :(
Nah, it's really on the tame side. It's an authentic handling. Still simcade, but closer to sim, but on the tame side this time. 

Rygar86 said:

DS 3 is about half the cost of the other Supercars at 130,000 CR? Did someone accidentally swap the 1 and 3?

dwkGravey said:
Rygar86 said:

DS 3 is about half the cost of the other Supercars at 130,000 CR? Did someone accidentally swap the 1 and 3?
Better buy three before they patch it

https://youtu.be/itgDO7uwHaI?t=12m30s

https://youtu.be/itgDO7uwHaI?t=12m30s

I asked this question a while bback in this thread but didnt get an answer:
Rygar86 said:
Will we be able to see recorded split times for our stages this time @kickup ? It would be great to see a comparison of split times compared to a previous run.
and to my surprise at 12minutes 30 in the video (I time stamped it for you guys :)) there is a tab for a split time leader board too :smiley: I love surprises!

Thanks @KickUp and the Codies team <3

To be fair, the 037 in Dirt 4 is indeed easier to drive than the one in DR - but it does slap you around if you get cocky. One moment you're heading down the road, the next you're facing the forest. Throttle control still applies. The default setup makes it kind of understeery though.
I only recently discovered this car in DR and they should have called it the Widowmaker. Such a cool car to drive but very dangerous. First time I took it out I saw all the trees up close in Moorland. Went to Germany and it was very nice to drive on tarmac.

its like i was making it up ! :D totally different its not a little bit.some cars are very easy to drive.some have almost a DiRT 3 handling yet some are gits.group b monsters are very fast but the brakes are like touch spin which is odd especially on 4 wheel drive :#

spent 6 hrs on it upto yet. will practice some more.

one thing that is doing my head in is the replay system and youtube.if you drive in bonnet cam and record the run.youtube makes video blurry.thats why you wont see any footage or not much of decent quality in bonnet cam.that is gutting.

For those who have access already. Could you please verify the replaysystem if it is possible to have the tv-camera's only instead of the "mixed" setting from DR?

The official soundtrack seems to be released on iTunes, but it only has 20 songs in it
https://itunes.apple.com/lv/album/dirt-4-the-official-soundtrack-album/id1236744572

Adding the new songs from the iTunes list, my Spotify playlist is now at 33 songs
https://open.spotify.com/user/118shadow118/playlist/1PF5Z0nEb9KIS5uCWlpAqz

Had a quick 30 min blast on D4 before work this morning. 

First impressions are good. FFB feels better and improved over DR. 

Cool new sound effect when you get a puncture. Environments look spectacular in sunset. 

Today is going to go soooo slow at work. 

MrDeap said:

4) Click "Close."

Or go to Task Scheduler, create *.bat that copy's your user profile's steam folder to another drive and set up once a week ;)

versedi said:
I'll tell you when it finishes downloading ;)
I want to hide in corner and cry.
I'll see you there. Seeing so many gameplay videos pop up is making the wait until June 9th excruciatingly long!  

Was playing around in Dirtfish last night, the physics are so much better. The steering has the right amount of sensitivity now whereas in DR it was a bit too much. Tarmac physics are also very much improved.