DiRTy Gossip

I got a VPN service from Humble Bundle a few weeks ago for a cheap price and they have a server in Sidney, Australia. Hopefully it'll work for D4, otherwise I'll need to wait until midnight :disappointed:

i cant wait, i have pretty much played dirt rally every day since it first appeared in early access, prior to that i didnt play that much in the way of sim games, mostly dirt 3 and the origonal grid with a controller, but i love rally so much i baught a g27 and just kept trying till i could beat masters championships, i had a go at dirt 3 the other week and it was really strange, i know ill play dirt 4 to death

human1101 said:
human1101 said:
how come so many are getting early access to the game?
I'd just like to re-iterate this, as I can appreciate it might be not very clear at the moment! Everyone on the forums with early access to the game has been under NDA with what they've seen previously, and they're essentially testing the patched version for us. It's Steam only testing at the moment too - so please spare a thought for our community testers who play on console! ;) I know it's super frustrating for those of you who want a hands on, but got to do this stuff by the book. 

Thanks for clearing that up, still wish i could get into it though, specially being a long weedend here so i would have plenty of time to put into it with no pesky work interruptions

do you know what time of the day it will unlock on steam?
Midnight, your local time. :D
Why does it say June 10th on Steam in Australia @ChristinaMc?

LutzM said:
Hi Christina,
during the last live show from your HQ someone mentioned, it will be released on steam "at least 4-5 days earlier". Can you tell us a fix date right now?

Thats a pre-load not a release, you can download the files but not play yet.

Rygar86 said:
human1101 said:
human1101 said:
I'd just like to re-iterate this, as I can appreciate it might be not very clear at the moment! Everyone on the forums with early access to the game has been under NDA with what they've seen previously, and they're essentially testing the patched version for us. It's Steam only testing at the moment too - so please spare a thought for our community testers who play on console! ;) I know it's super frustrating for those of you who want a hands on, but got to do this stuff by the book. 

Thanks for clearing that up, still wish i could get into it though, specially being a long weedend here so i would have plenty of time to put into it with no pesky work interruptions

it also says that here in new zealand, which i why i was asking about which date it was

Etirion said:
LutzM said:
Hi Christina,
during the last live show from your HQ someone mentioned, it will be released on steam "at least 4-5 days earlier". Can you tell us a fix date right now?

SURE??

first event sim mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMxKhJCWtY8

will be going through the game all way through . gunna add some group b later.

human1101 said:
Rygar86 said:
human1101 said:
human1101 said:

it also says that here in new zealand, which i why i was asking about which date it was
Doesnt seem right (or fair) because its always been advertised as being released on June the 9th. But 12:00am on the 10th of June in Australia works out to be 3:00pm on the 9th in the UK, thats 15 hours after everyone in the UK will be playing and for you in New Zealand 17 hours. Thats getting close to a full day!  :(

Why?

LutzM said:
Etirion said:
SURE??
Yes, it'd be very very weird of them to just suddenly release early (especially multiple days) and the question that was asked was regarding the preload, not a release.

dgeesi0 said:
first event sim mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMxKhJCWtY8

will be going through the game all way through . gunna add some group b later.

That Fiesta stuck like hell to the gravel road I'd say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nQAZbculuY
Slaptrain's got early access too, gonna be good publicity for the game
Edit: First stage and he stripped that fiesta's front end of all body panels, excellent!

Rygar86 said:
human1101 said:
human1101 said:

My bad - just double checked, and I meant midnight my local time! It's 00:00 BST 9th June (sorryyyyyyyyyy) - still hoping to have pre-download set up for Monday though!

My bad - just double checked, and I meant midnight my local time! It's 00:00 BST 9th June (sorryyyyyyyyyy) - still hoping to have pre-download set up for Monday though!

just had a go on spain with the EVO after tweaking a bit goes pretty sweet.you really have to drive it like you stole it. B)

Rygar86 said:
human1101 said:
human1101 said:

that makes way more sense, thats 11am here on friday the 9th. still curious as to why seam says its the 10th though, that would just be rude

Rygar86 said:
human1101 said:
human1101 said:

@ChristinaMc you scared us there :D !
But I forgive you and will now proceed to do my...

I'm quite confused now.

Is the release global at 00:00 BST 9th June or is it depending on time zone? 

human1101 said:
Rygar said:
that makes way more sense, thats 11am here on friday the 9th. still curious as to why seam says its the 10th though, that would just be rude
Agreed it would be, but it looks like maybe its a mistake and we will get it at the same time as everyone else. I mean, thats what I was expecting all along and when I saw Steam had the 10th it just didnt seem right unless the UK was releasing/unlocking in the evening.

But is there a way to check with Steam to confirm?

versedi said:
I'm quite confused now.

Is the release global at 00:00 BST 9th June or is it depending on time zone? 
I think it's 00:00 GMT and you have to calcuøate it from there

Evo this time in spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d86y2W-Mh7c

if someone want to see a car track combo say and ill do something.

Can I have a Focus WRC 2001  on wet Wales, please? Sim no assists of course :) 

A quick, short and dirty video of Lancia Fulvia anywhere. <3 And of course, opinion of it's speed versus the Mini this time around.

dgeesi0 said:
Evo this time in spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d86y2W-Mh7c

if someone want to see a car track combo say and ill do something.

Thanks @dgeesi0 !! I posted this request a couple of pages ago :)

Rygar86 said:
Okay, I'm gonna be bold now and put out a request to the folks who are already playing D4!

Any videos involving the following would be massively appreciated:

*The Scuby 95 Impreza
*The Lancia Delta Integrali
*The Renault Alpine or other Historic RWD of this class.
*Anything Group B Rally!
*Cross Carts!

Bur preferably in Wales, Spain or Australia if you dont mind. This would be an awesome treat right now and make the wait that much more bearable!  :p

If you include some chase cam (close) replay at the end, well that would be like fresh strawberries on top of my chocolate cake! :smiley:

If you can do this, it goes without saying that...

I wish the i20 in Finland (pick Wales, lowest complexity, maximum length, as much forest as possible, sunny weather)