DiRTy Gossip

KickUp said:
RookieOne said:
Preloading the game still not available in steam :(
I said we were aiming for Monday. I never promised that it would actually be available today. 
I know, just wanted to preload it ASAP :tongue:

https://youtu.be/orPlUB5vN20

Porkhammer killing it again ;)
Body is 13 characters too short.

Jz thought id do some Fiat 131 for you to watch ;)  ( the two stutters is a sirt bug on play back)

https://youtu.be/q-ZihzXUzb0

Just bought a second hand T500 RS, mint condition, cost me the same as I would spent for new T150 (~300$, local wheel prices are crazy, 'sigh').
Damn, this thing is massive. Definitely need some time to adjust.

@KickUp I know you probably missed this amidst the flood of other posts/questions (or I missed the answer!), but can you answer if D4 has the "manual sequential or h-pattern w/ clutch" option like DR has which changes the setting based on the selected car?  Thanks again :)

*for those reading this who have early access, I'm not asking "is there a way to choose between one or the other," I'm asking about the one specific "manual sequential or h-pattern w/ clutch" setting that dynamically changes per car, not just being able to change between the two manually.

ShodanCat said:
@KickUp I know you probably missed this amidst the flood of other posts/questions (or I missed the answer!), but can you answer if D4 has the "manual sequential or h-pattern w/ clutch" option like DR has which changes the setting based on the selected car?  Thanks again :)

*for those reading this who have early access, I'm not asking "is there a way to choose between one or the other," I'm asking about the one specific "manual sequential or h-pattern w/ clutch" setting that dynamically changes per car, not just being able to change between the two manually.
That's been answered three times in the last few days. The answer is yes

SamRWD said:
https://youtu.be/orPlUB5vN20

Porkhammer killing it again ;)
Body is 13 characters too short.
Nice ride in these hard conditions.
I noticed a few issues. Maybe are already fixed for DAY1 patch:
  1. headlights reflection in tarmac looks like the car has only one beam (7:05). Definitely a bug.
  2. too intense aquaplanning sounds, comparing to engine sounds. Especially since gfx representiation doesn't suggest deep puddles
  3. water drops on windshield are... improper. With repellents widely used, waterdrops would travel easly upwards, cleaning the windshield, improving visibility. Yeah, I know it would require additional codding and taking speed vector into account.
  4. specular reflection on car while it seems there is no sunlight (no shadows) - btw issue can be found in other titles like pC1.
  5. Also found in other videos, CM finaly implemented semi-matte materials (with blured reflections). Nice addition. However it seems like inside cars, reflection of environment is not masked by car body. Then some materials reflect sky or trees while should reflect car interior.
What I really like is driver/pilot movements and stereo sound comming from wheels (in that case aquaplanning sounds, but heard squeeling tires on another video.

Just bought a second hand T500 RS, mint condition, cost me the same as I would spent for new T150 (~300$, local wheel prices are crazy, 'sigh').
Damn, this thing is massive. Definitely need some time to adjust.
I love my T500. Great choice :)

MaXyMsrpl said:
water drops on windshield are... improper. With repellents widely used, waterdrops would travel easly upwards, cleaning the windshield, improving visibility. Yeah, I know it would require additional codding and taking speed vector into account.
Have you ever been inside a car during heavy rainfall?

ShodanCat said:

Was it in this thread? I've been following pretty closely and didn't see it answered (other than someone said they saw it in Sim Racing Paddock's stream, which I watched and didn't show the 'or' option, only one or the other.)

ShodanCat said:
ShodanCat said:

Was it in this thread? I've been following pretty closely and didn't see it answered (other than someone said they saw it in Sim Racing Paddock's stream, which I watched and didn't show the 'or' option, only one or the other.)
Yes

I've said it many times but Man I personally love how codemasters atleast puts effort into damage. Since old toca/mcrae days they have always had better damage than the competition. I also love how deformation is dynamic instead of pre-rendered. Don't know about dirt4 but I remember admiring the damage of grid 2 in slo-mo for far too long. Just proves that other developers get lazy with damage. Imagine codemasters with forza/Gt levels of budget and what they can do. 

ShodanCat said:
ShodanCat said:

Yes
Well I just searched the entire thread and only saw it mentioned when it was me asking about it, which did not get answered.

@Porkhammer could you go to the latest VVV video of Dirt 4 and write a comment on what you feel about the handling model? In the video Kevin said it wasn't as hardcore as Dirt Rally and now almost all the comments are trashing the game and saying Motogp 17 is better etc. lol

MaXyMsrpl said:
water drops on windshield are... improper. With repellents widely used, waterdrops would travel easly upwards, cleaning the windshield, improving visibility. Yeah, I know it would require additional codding and taking speed vector into account.
Have you ever been inside a car during heavy rainfall?
Yep. And that's why I mentioned water repellents which really helps with visibility.

More excellent rallycross action, this time from Aarava.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ROGEfb0CQ

dgeesi0 said:
Jz thought id do some Fiat 131 for you to watch ;)  ( the two stutters is a sirt bug on play back)

https://youtu.be/q-ZihzXUzb0

Thanks! My favourite car. Unfortunately the stutters and jumps makes it unwatchable.

@KickUp any word on the too high grip levels? is this a bug or simply a design feature? can we expect it to change or will this be final? right now the cars seem pointlessly grippy, sapping the true feel of rally driving at the limit of grip.

I have to say based on the footage I've watched so far, the stage complexity/challenge seems to come up short compared to what we had in Dirt Rally. Take a look at Greece with its super challenging narrow cliff-side sections, extremely tight hairpins, blind jumps etc then watch anything from Dirt 4, even with complexity cranked all the way up, and it looks a lot easier. There don't appear to be any width variations at all (or at least they're extremely minor) tight hairpins, 90* turns and such are quite uncommon. Australia and Michigan in particular look quite tame. It still looks *fun* and of course I appreciate the random construction immensely, but as someone who's been a hardcore rally game fanatic for a long time I was kinda hoping for a deeper challenge,

ShodanCat said:
I have to say based on the footage I've watched so far, the stage complexity/challenge seems to come up short compared to what we had in Dirt Rally. Take a look at Greece with its super challenging narrow cliff-side sections, extremely tight hairpins, blind jumps etc then watch anything from Dirt 4, even with complexity cranked all the way up, and it looks a lot easier. There don't appear to be any width variations at all (or at least they're extremely minor) tight hairpins, 90* turns and such are quite uncommon. Australia and Michigan in particular look quite tame. It still looks *fun* and of course I appreciate the random construction immensely, but as someone who's been a hardcore rally game fanatic for a long time I was kinda hoping for a deeper challenge,
You are right, the YS generated roads are probably less complex and challanging on first glance, but please remember that you are likely to drive that particular stage only once in your lifetime. The challenge comes from randomnes of them. I would like those to become more narrow personally, but I understand that Codies cannot make separate YS generators for gamer and sim handling models, so they had to make them less challenging for gamepads owners to enjoy.

ark13700 said:
@Porkhammer could you go to the latest VVV video of Dirt 4 and write a comment on what you feel about the handling model? In the video Kevin said it wasn't as hardcore as Dirt Rally and now almost all the comments are trashing the game and saying Motogp 17 is better etc. lol
What's a VVV?