DiRTy Gossip

Love the the colours here...The new lighting of D4 is a superb improvement me thinks...

er6nphil said:
@KickUp Are the online leader boards and leagues cross platform ? 

Yes. If you choose to. You can select your platform only.

bogani said:
er6nphil said:

That's good news, does it have different leader boards for arcade / sim handling?

Levy9 said:
bogani said:
er6nphil said:

That's good news, does it have different leader boards for arcade / sim handling?
Obviously. Yes :)

New Launch Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yxz1KUxw9E

But CM, this time it really struck me, you really have to cut back on the cuts! It' like cut to death without focus on any single moment.
I still think this was your best trailer so far :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euoh9BovlJg
Maybe not everyones taste in music (I like it though), but a nice coherent mix of fast, intense rallying together with moments of freezing/slow that capture the beauty and DiRT of the cars and enviroment as well as the vehicle dynamics and physical forces stressed on a rally car.

versedi said:
Harsh review from Games Radar.

I completely disagree even though I ain't played yet.
IMO he's just a noob who should git gud.

Forza funboy.
It’s a decent and capable modern racing game, but one that’s demonstrably outshone by Forza Horizon 3 and Driveclub in almost every way.
http://www.gamesradar.com/dirt-4-review/

Reviewing the review: "The result is an incredibly hardcore simulation masquerading as an adrenaline-soaked, close-competitive racer. Fundamentally, that mix just doesn’t work."

So a hardcore simulation cannot be an adrenaline soaked, close competitive racer? I don't even need to play the game to call BS on this comment right in the first paragraph. 

SkyRex said:
But CM, this time it really struck me, you really have to cut back on the cuts! It' like cut to death without focus on any single moment.
They need to listen to the co-pilot more :D

As promised:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/omkGW

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/5EDXP

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VQ62g

*edit*

Forgot Sweden :o

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/vXrkO

urgaffel said:
As promised:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/omkGW

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/5EDXP

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VQ62g

:open_mouth:

Second image, second link. <3

Levy9 said:
bogani said:
er6nphil said:

Yes

Sho846 said:
versedi said:
Harsh review from Games Radar.

I completely disagree even though I ain't played yet.
IMO he's just a noob who should git gud.

Forza funboy.
It’s a decent and capable modern racing game, but one that’s demonstrably outshone by Forza Horizon 3 and Driveclub in almost every way.
http://www.gamesradar.com/dirt-4-review/

Reviewing the review: "The result is an incredibly hardcore simulation masquerading as an adrenaline-soaked, close-competitive racer. Fundamentally, that mix just doesn’t work."

So a hardcore simulation cannot be an adrenaline soaked, close competitive racer? I don't even need to play the game to call BS on this comment right in the first paragraph. 
I Just read the review and it seems clear that the reviewer was hoping for a different type of game and he's having a hard time seeing the game that is actually there, or at least where the fun is. At one point he likens the choice between Gamer and Sim as choosing between 'fun' and 'realism'. 

Alright, no problem Mr GamesRadar, its okay, Codies did not forget about you and they actually developed a system that caters for everyone, now pick Gamer handling and lets have some fun!

"Nope I dont care, I want my gymkhana with boat loads of lense flair and a rewind button and where the heck are my Dude Bro's at? VERDICT: shit game"

KickUp said:
Levy9 said:
bogani said:
er6nphil said:

Yes
How are you all in studio today? :)

Haribos flying everywhere? ;)

Let's cast our minds back to how temporarily insufferable it got on here when DR came to console.

In the event of something similar happening again with the launch of DiRT 4, I'd like to remind the long-time DR drivers, and also inform the new, patient drivers, that Bear's Happy Place is open for business to provide you with a safe haven, away from the misinformed guff that may be on the way. 

My comfy BHP has been open since the last attack, and I expect it's initial purpose to come back in to effect once again! :D 

PS - We have memes. 

versedi said:
KickUp said:
Levy9 said:
bogani said:
er6nphil said:

Yes
How are you all in studio today? :)

Haribos flying everywhere? ;)

Wait a minute! Is that plane is full of gummie bears?

@KickUp you guys shouldnt release videos saying the game is out now, its confusing people

Rygar86 said:
Rygar86 said:
ark13700 said:
@Porkhammer could you go to the latest VVV video of Dirt 4 and write a comment on what you feel about the handling model? In the video Kevin said it wasn't as hardcore as Dirt Rally and now almost all the comments are trashing the game and saying Motogp 17 is better etc. lol
What's a VVV?
I think he means this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb7bl5HXC7Y
Here is my take on this video and some of the complaints:

I think a couple of comments by the guy in the video are being taken oit of context here. Partly because he doesnt explain in proper detail what he means and partly because people are perhaps jumping to conclusions.

1) Firstly when he is driving at the Dirt School free play section, he says it is not as hard core as Dirt Rally because its a lot easier to drift and hes not a very good drifter. But what he fails to realise is that its easier to drift because they have improved the significantly flawed tarmac physics of Dirt Rally not because they made it easier! He mentions earlier about the better tarmac physics but he fails to put 2 and 2 together and ends up making a misleading comment about the game being not as hardcore.

2) Secondly he says that the tracks are bland and not as detailed as Dirt Rally because of a lack of trackside objects. But Dirt rally never had huge amounts of trackside objects (although it did in places) and I dont see that Dirt 4 is overall too much different in this regard from what I have seen. Except for parts like in Germany or Finland were they rarely a couple had big crowd sections, it pretty much looks the same to me.

3) Thirdly he says its not as hardcore because the stages are smoother and not as bumpy and this is because they wanted everyone to be able to set good times, but I dont think they would purposely do that for such a reason, as it doesnt make much sense to purposefully dull things down for beginers and make that the standard for eveyone. Also, Im not sure there is a huge diference in track surface because Ive seen plenty of bumps like in Dirt 4 footage but I admit it seems there may be a little less bumpyness. This in my mind could just be an inherant part of making fictional stages as aposed to real life ones where they where able to measure every detail and then transfer it into the game with Dirt Rally. And remember some locations are going to be smoother than others and Greece had the most bumps in Dirt Rally but sadly is missing this time round and Michigan for example is never going to be as bumpy as this. D4 still looks like it has plenty of road surface detail and undulation even if its reduced from DR and Ive heard a couple of people who've played it already indicate it has good bumpyness.

But these are just my impressions based on what Ive seen and heard without actually playing it so far and I can only hope my observations about the handling and stage bumpiness are not far off.

Hopefully someone here who is actually playing D4 can tell me what they think and if Im right or wrong.

I looked at some real life video of wales and the track isn't as bumpy as I tought in the first place. So from my point of view the bumpiness of wales is spot on!

I looked at some real life video of wales and the track isn't as bumpy as I tought in the first place. So from my point of view the bumpiness of wales is spot on!
"Codemasters... Bumpiness is our specialty"

Seriously though, I agree and I think that Wales is gonna be awesome fun for years to come! :smiley:

This has probably already been asked but do leagues work the same way as in Dirt Rally? Can you set up full events and stuff?

Also I'm hearing that they're not going to be ready for release, is that correct?

This has probably already been asked but do leagues work the same way as in Dirt Rally? Can you set up full events and stuff?

Also I'm hearing that they're not going to be ready for release, is that correct?

Leagues (or Clubs as we will be calling them) are not available at launch. The plan is to add them further down the line.

KickUp said:

Leagues (or Clubs as we will be calling them) are not available at launch. The plan is to add them further down the line.

KickUp said:

Hah! So that we can make them good!

Rygar86 said:
"Codemasters... Bumpiness is our specialty"

Seriously though, I agree and I think that Wales is gonna be awesome fun for years to come! :smiley:
Just imagine I have 16 000 miles on Dirt Rally and it had 70 stages. Ive been playing for one year and I never got bored. When I think that this game has millions of tracks, man i'll be playing for 10 years straight ahahah!!!

KickUp said:
KickUp said:

Hah! So that we can make them good!
Thank you God!