DiRTy Gossip

Re-watching slaptrain's video, and both RWD and 4WD seem to be handling as they should. But again, this is at Dirtfish, not rally stages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rejX0NX1VAc&t=265s

LutzM said:
@KickUp:
Already (pre)downloading via steam.
Is the Day One Update already included or will it load the new files on friday?
I'm asking because the internet is much faster here at the office (33,2 GB in 1h) - so I would leave my PC here until friday.

There will still be a little something to grab but it will be around 500Mb - 1Gb

I have witnessed bunnies!                                           

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DJeRw4EKuM

Awesome. I spotted a flock of bright green parrots fly across me in Australia at sunset today.
Love these details.
Ahem! That would be budgies.

KickUp said:

There will still be a little something to grab but it will be around 500Mb - 1Gb
Thanks Paul, that should easily be done at home B)

bogani said:
dgeesi0 said:
Rygar86 said:
DiRT 4 - Simulation VS Gamer Handling (Australia) w/Thrustmaster Wheel Cam 

Big difference in stage times between Sim and Gamer mode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4UMcFqJC_Y

the thing is if you pushing as fast as you can go you will be faster if you can drive  well in sim mode.maybe with having a few of the things off actually made him slower due to the handling is harder.so arcade suited him.

i did a track with just a couple of added things in sim mode and i was about 3 seconds slower.so all of sim mode .
There is a big difference between assisted sim mode and gamer. You can brake later, turn in later, carry more speed through corners in gamer. A quick person in gamer should be faster, no doubt.
You're right, you can drive much much quicker in gamer mode and 
commit to corners 

Anyone with a Tesco pre-order had a dispatch notification yet?...

tbtstt said:
No :( Not looking likely for me getting it tomorrow, I guess I shall be waiting until at least Sunday to play (assuming it comes before then) as I'm away Friday and Saturday

tbtstt said:
No :( Not looking likely for me getting it tomorrow, I guess I shall be waiting until at least Sunday to play (assuming it comes before then) as I'm away Friday and Saturday
Yeah, I'm getting worried that it won't show up before the weekend. My missus is working this weekend, so I had two days of undisturbed gaming planned.

Starting to think I should have resisted the lure of the steelbook edition now and gone with the regular edition and express delivery from Amazon!

Question for @urgaffel ; in regards to the broken down competitors we sometimes have to pass cautiously, will we ever see different kinds of wrecks?
It'd be cool to see a car upside down in a ditch, or missing a tyre which you also must avoid? That would definitely grab my attention.

Is that a possibility or will it always be the same, just smoking on the roadside?.

Im still wondering if any D4 players might have an opinion to offer on the lateral grip levels.
Heard some people that are playing say that there is too much lateral grip but what Id like to know is

1) Do you agree with this?
2) If so, is this worse than in Dirt Rally or is it improved?
3) What do you think about grip levels in general on gravel?

Cheers :smiley:

Question for @urgaffel ; in regards to the broken down competitors we sometimes have to pass cautiously, will we ever see different kinds of wrecks?
It'd be cool to see a car upside down in a ditch, or missing a tyre which you also must avoid? That would definitely grab my attention.

Is that a possibility or will it always be the same, just smoking on the roadside?.
calling @KickUp... :)

Day off work reserved and accepted by boss.

Gotta git gud for the weekend special event!

urgaffel said:

calling @KickUp... :)
Not a possibility at the moment based on how the cars are placed. One to improve on in the future.

We do control how much their retirement encroaches on the stage itself though so you may find some cars are quite in the way.

Well I just fell victim to @urgaffel 's Revenge.
An extremely low-flying drone took my concentration away long enough for me to roll the R2 Fiesta.

7 times.
Man that drone freaked me out ahahah

So @CMMcBabe just confirmed that the release is worldwide at 0:00 BST 9th June.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/6fs2du/play_dirt_4_before_release_in_eu/dikkn51/

No VPN this time...

versedi said:
So @CMMcBabe just confirmed that the release is worldwide at 0:00 BST 9th June.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/6fs2du/play_dirt_4_before_release_in_eu/dikkn51/

No VPN this time...

I confirmed it is coming out at the same time everywhere, I did not call out a time.

I've assumed the time is unchanged and confirmed by @ChristinaMC here:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/264653/#Comment_264653

Sorry for misinformation if it's not in the end :)

I wasn't 100% sure if we had said a time or not, I did not want to be the one making an unintended announcement!

Christina's time is correct.

CMMcBabe said:
I wasn't 100% sure if we had said a time or not, I did not want to be the one making an unintended announcement!

CMMcBabe said:

it still says that it will be out on the 10th on steam when looking fom new zealand, 00:00 bst on the 9th is 11am nz time on the 9th so whats up with that?

Rygar86 said:
Im still wondering if any D4 players might have an opinion to offer on the lateral grip levels.
Heard some people that are playing say that there is too much lateral grip but what Id like to know is

1) Do you agree with this?
2) If so, is this worse than in Dirt Rally or is it improved?
3) What do you think about grip levels in general on gravel?

Cheers :smiley:

From my point of view, it depens on the car and the type of car you are using. Yesterday I tried the Alpine on rain in wales and the car was very grippy but I think the weight of the car played a major. I also tried fiesta r5 and again it was grippy but like a WRC car in Dirt Rally. The Rallycross feels amazing, way better than in Dirt Rally. I think that overall, it may be a little more grippy than Dirt Rally but not by much. Then again, they worked with Kris Meeke to developp the handling so I think that what we have in Dirt 4 is maybe near reality. Sorry for my english im french canadian

The Fiesta R5 is a joy, the car squatting at the front under braking and spinning the back round just feels so right with getting the car in the right direction!

The Fiesta R5 is a joy, the car squatting at the front under braking and spinning the back round just feels so right with getting the car in the right direction!
Exactly, in Dirt Rally I was always using the handbrake to rotate the car but in dirt 4 you don't need it, you just have to brake at the right time and the car will rotate into the corner