DiRTy Gossip

Does the retail version also need steam?
Maybe there are different activation time-slots for retail steam and digital steam?

Just a small message regarding the WD-40 Fiesta livery...

Don't buy The Sun!

Makes me a bit sick that they're being represented in what is gonna be one of my all-time favourite games. Scummy, rag of a news paper. I hope they make no money whatsoever off the back of people playing D4.

Image result for dont buy the sun

Aye, first one to mod out the logo and licence plate from that skin wins massive internet kudos here. Especially for a game released a day after they help skew my country's election result.

Aye, first one to mod out the logo and licence plate from that skin wins massive internet kudos here. Especially for a game released a day after they help skew my country's election result.
Couldn't agree more. A newspaper full of cover-up campaigns and outrageous slander. A truly disgusting cult. 

Change both the number plate, as well as The Scum's logo on the roof, bumper and anywhere else. 

If it works the same way it did in DR I will probably do it what would be your preference keep it blank or replace it with something? 

Lynx2000 said:

If it works the same way it did in DR I will probably do it what would be your preference keep it blank or replace it with something? 
I'd love to see the livery turned into an anti-Sun car. That would be fantastic! 

Lynx2000 said:

I'd love to see the livery turned into an anti-Sun car. That would be fantastic! 

Was thinking of turning it into the scums

zissakos1 said:
sorry guys....  whaaaat??
maybe someone can briefly explain in 1-2 sentences?
It's hard to briefly explain without missing out all of the significant atrocities that this newspaper has committed. 

Generally, the most to-the-point things I can say are that the paper is a consistent and abhorrent source of lies, they will throw innocent people under the bus so long as they can make money from those lies, they protect the wealthy, they're cover-up artists, and they have no soul or heart when it comes to anything, and have 0 credibility. They will perform character assassinations on people, often times when that person doesn't deserve it, and will make people's lives a misery without any feeling of regret. 

It's sickening that I live in a country that circulates the bile they throw around. Worse yet, people believe what they write. 

The WD-40 livery is getting wiped off the game as soon as I get my hands on it. The Sun truly is a fucking vile disgrace. 

Do we really need politics being dragged into a thread once more. So god damn tiring!

zissakos1 said:
for germany steam also says "in 1 day and 3h", which would be 8pm in Germany.
Can anyone from Codemasters confirm?

Seems like they are aware of the confusion.
https://twitter.com/xtinamcgrath/status/872814106885181440

P308R said:
Do we really need politics being dragged into a thread once more. So god damn tiring!
Politics being tiring is your opinion, but my comments on a livery making an appearance in the game is very much not off-topic, thank you. 

zissakos1 said:
what does the WD40 livery have to do with the SUN newspaper?

They advertise the paper on their car, and I'm pretty sure either one or both of the crew are representatives of the paper itself. 

zissakos1 said:
sorry guys....  whaaaat??
maybe someone can briefly explain in 1-2 sentences?
It's hard to briefly explain without missing out all of the significant atrocities that this newspaper has committed. 

Generally, the most to-the-point things I can say are that the paper is a consistent and abhorrent source of lies, they will throw innocent people under the bus so long as they can make money from those lies, they protect the wealthy, they're cover-up artists, and they have no soul or heart when it comes to anything, and have 0 credibility. They will perform character assassinations on people, often times when that person doesn't deserve it, and will make people's lives a misery without any feeling of regret. 

It's sickening that I live in a country that circulates the bile they throw around. Worse yet, people believe what they write. 

The WD-40 livery is getting wiped off the game as soon as I get my hands on it. The Sun truly is a **** vile disgrace. 
Bro... I thought the exact same thing when I saw that livery. Sucks as it's a great livery otherwise. 
As soon as we know how to mod these files I'll get onto it.

P308R said:
We could always go back to helicopters and water on bumper cameras because that was just riveting stuff. 

I know what I'd rather be duscussing... 

At least helicopters and bumper cams are more relevant than talking about how terrible the sun is. And how awful that one replica livery on one car is sponsored by them. 

Granted I don't know the full context of what they did. I just think that you guys are taking it a bit overboard.

P308R said:
What's more dirty and gossipy than politics? Seems remarkably on topic to me.
I for one, not being of European sort support the downfall of any media in general really. They all suck.

Here is some proper gossip. Looks like the timer is gone from the steam store. It just says Coming soon now. Have they fixed it so we can get it at 00:00 gmt?

I read this in another topic:

dumbotos said:
Not sure if im too late on this but they do have this line inside the hardware_setting_config.xml that is located in the "Document/My Games/Dirt 4/hardwaresettings" folder:

<oculus enabled="true" headMovement="true" chromatic="true" timeWarp="true" vignette="true" overdrive="true" convergence="1.0" verticalOrientation="0.66" orientationLock="false" />

Also it triggers Oculus Home when I turn the game on but it plays the intro but with a black screen but with sound and then closes the game. I guess it's not there yet but as they said it will come.

Edit: Have to turn off Oculus VR Runtime Service to play it normally on screen.
The config file could be just some leftovers form DiRT Rally, but the game actually triggering Oculus Home seems like there is something more going on. @KickUp will the triggering Oculus Home be fixed in the day one patch (or Oculus support added haha)?
Sounds like a DR legacy thing

Here is some proper gossip. Looks like the timer is gone from the steam store. It just says Coming soon now. Have they fixed it so we can get it at 00:00 gmt?
I'll wee everywhere if that's the case 

I hate that people are already posting 'how do I' threads on D4 and we don't even have it yet....  lol