DiRTy Gossip

@KickUp  is now a Polish co-driver  :D                            

Any sign of your Tesco delivery @RallyDriven? I just checked the parcel tracking online and mine hasn't moved since it left the warehouse. Got a horrible feeling I'm going to be moaning at Tesco later...

I guess it's a nod toward modding him instead of Polish co-driver :D

Acknowledged @KickUp  B)

P.S. My first place, on first tarmac stage, yay!
The tarmac is feeling so natural now. 
 Loving it

Meh no Day One special event for me; I pre-ordered from base.com, as gameseek.co.uk kept saying it was £0 and wouldn't process the order. base.com still said "Pending" for release, so I cancelled the order and placed it at GameSeek, as now their system works. However to get the free postage offer it won't ship until at least Sunday, so no special Hyundai event for me :-(

At least I get the car!

...besides, it's my daughter's 2nd birthday on Saturday, and with Formula E, Formula 1 and BTCC over the weekend, I doubt I'd actually have the time anyway :-p
Damn, sorry to hear that. :( It's running until 11am Monday morning if that's any good to you...

versedi said:
I guess it's a nod toward modding him instead of Polish co-driver :D

Acknowledged @KickUp  B)

P.S. My first place, on first tarmac stage, yay!
The tarmac is feeling so natural now. 
 Loving it

Nice one! Can't wait till I get back from work. Still haven't played yet :( 

Just some feedback, could do with a transparent bar behind the name of the stage, to improve readability ;)

I'd assume @urgaffel would know, what does the water setting actually do? I ran through the puddle on Dirtfish a few times on ultra and low and nothing seemed to change. The spray and drops on "camera" looked visually identical and the FPS was as well.
I also appreciate how the trees goes straight from medium to ultra low. Which is great, because I didn't want to use low anyways.
Water is probably the water shader, not the splashes since they are actually particles.

Hatward said:
Meh no Day One special event for me; I pre-ordered from base.com, as gameseek.co.uk kept saying it was £0 and wouldn't process the order. base.com still said "Pending" for release, so I cancelled the order and placed it at GameSeek, as now their system works. However to get the free postage offer it won't ship until at least Sunday, so no special Hyundai event for me :-(

At least I get the car!

...besides, it's my daughter's 2nd birthday on Saturday, and with Formula E, Formula 1 and BTCC over the weekend, I doubt I'd actually have the time anyway :-p
Damn, sorry to hear that. :( It's running until 11am Monday morning if that's any good to you...
That'll be me at work heh... honestly though I pre-ordered for extra car, helps for my comparison of all PC rally games ever, when I get around to it (after the every PC F1 game ever comparison/s)...

maaan why the .nefs files? im so sad, i neeed to mod it :'(
I don't know what this means at the moment, but it's the best I could find. Going to try later.
http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/codemasters_nefs.bms

Initial impression is very nice improvement over dirt rally  :)

gheeD said:
Initial impression is very nice improvement over dirt rally  :)

Looking forward to a lengtier rundown from you :)

I feel the core physics improved lots. There are some niggles though.

Billy at ISR sums up my thoughts perfectly so far. I think his rundown of things are pretty much spot on.

https://youtu.be/5Q-D5vaivGc

Just getting a quick message in here while I have 5 minutes! You're all awesome, and this thread has been the most amusing, useful, brilliant, joyful thing to read when we've been putting the hours in, It's genuinely heartwarming and brilliant to hear you're all enjoying the game so far - and just wanted to say thanks for everything. <3

Rather a critical review from PRC (would anyone expect anything less?!); some negatives, but enjoying the career side:
https://pretendracecars.net/2017/06/08/still-good-just-not-that-good-the-review-of-dirt-4/

tbtstt said:
Any sign of your Tesco delivery @RallyDriven? I just checked the parcel tracking online and mine hasn't moved since it left the warehouse. Got a horrible feeling I'm going to be moaning at Tesco later...
I'm on my way to Carlisle for a rally at the moment, so I only have the website to go by, but it still says dispatched and the moment and not delivered. Hopefully it comes today so I can play on Sunday when I'm back

tbtstt said:
I'm on my way to Carlisle for a rally at the moment, so I only have the website to go by, but it still says dispatched and the moment and not delivered. Hopefully it comes today so I can play on Sunday when I'm back
Yeah, the tracking history for mine just shows "dispatched from warehouse" and that's it. 

@urgaffel  not it's not your fault at all.
You !@#!@#! @SDFASDF !!!!

https://youtu.be/ZTmIE3qy3k4

I honestly thought it will be like 1m long, and then you go 20m of dust!

Ok, YourStage is so so so so SO GOOOOOOOD. What the hell man, this is insane.

And its great to have to pay attention to the co-driver again and anticipating corners.

I genuinely wish this game massive success, and makes a truckload of money... then I hope WRC can finally recognise CM's genius and come begging to take their license for a future game. I still want those WRC cars :)

versedi said:

Urgaffel, the particle physics troll xD

versedi said:

#sorrynotsorry
my face right now

I take back all my doubt Tesco, BECAUSE MY COPY JUST ARRIVED!

Just 5 more hours of work (and a rapid journey home) and I can finally get to grips with DiRT 4!

tbtstt said:

Just 5 more hours of work (and a rapid journey home) and I can finally get to grips with DiRT 4!
Awesome! I should hopefully get mine too! Either that or a horse or a chicken or something will have a great time with it

tbtstt said:

Awesome! I should hopefully get mine too! Either that or a horse or a chicken or something will have a great time with it
The tracking on the Tesco site is useless: mine has still just left the depot (two days ago!) according to the site!

can you observe the daily events on https://www.dirt4game.com ?

JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
I'd like to be the first to give an official "I'm butthurt as all hell." Seriously, I had so many issues in the first 5 minutes I'm genuinely really irritated. I elaborated more in Bears Happy place, but since the devs don't read there for fear of getting lost in good feelings, the summary is "My wheel which worked perfectly in DR is rendered fairly useless now, and I really don't appreciate it."
Damn, there's no angry face emoji to show my true feelings.
I'd like to be the first to give an official apology. Apparently I am dumb, but to be fair your menu system is convoluted beyond all reason, None of the other games I've ever played had separate control settings/binding menus for every single piece of equipment. This could be useful, but holy crap is it counter intuitive. All the other games I've ever tried just put everything in one menu, not three, all with their own settings. And it still doesn't change the fact that I was thrust into the game from the get go with completely borked controls, which I'm never a fan of.
WRC 5 and WRC 6 also have this method of separating input devices. You can have separate settings and assignments for controller and wheel. While it does seem counter-intuitive at first, I am glad that Codies has also implemented this and would like to see something similar in Project CARS 2 and other racing games. Here is why I think it is important to have everything separated:

In DiRT Rally, if I ever booted up the game on my PS4 without the wheel plugged in, I lost all of my wheel settings and button assignments. My wheel is stowed in the TV cabinet so I only set it up if it's gonna be a one hour + gaming session. What I could never do with DR was whip out my controller real quick to knock off a daily event for credits, for example. Loading DR with the wheel unplugged meant configuring the wheel from scratch later on. Really annoying.

I think Codies is on to something here, and I like it.

I have it in my hands however won;t be able to play until tonight.

Are there any suggested FFB settings for the T300 yet? And do you still need to drop the rotation angle like in Dirt Rally?