DiRTy Gossip

tbtstt said:
I take back all my doubt Tesco, BECAUSE MY COPY JUST ARRIVED!

Just 5 more hours of work (and a rapid journey home) and I can finally get to grips with DiRT 4!

I'll chase you down tonight then :)

Hi 
Having problems with the car moving forward. Set on auto gears in sim mode. Using Fanatec V2 base with
Porsche 918 wheel and v3 pedals connected to V2 base. I have a BMW wheel as well perhaps I need to try this. Any suggestions. Many thanks.
Kenny.

Kenny1962 said:
Hi 
Having problems with the car moving forward. Set on auto gears in sim mode. Using Fanatec V2 base with
Porsche 918 wheel and v3 pedals connected to V2 base. I have a BMW wheel as well perhaps I need to try this. Any suggestions. Many thanks.
Kenny.
Theres a bug's thread, post this there

Kenny1962 said:
Hi 
Kenny.
This is not the techsupport thread.
Please see if anyone else is having the same issue here: http://forums.codemasters.com/categories/dirt-games-technical-assistance or post a new question here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/52896/day-one-dirt-4-v1-02-found-a-bug-post-it-here

I have 8 years experience in Richard Burns Rally and 2 in Dirt Rally.
My opinion from 5 hours playing Dirt 4 (simulation, G27, 900 degrees with soft lock, all assist off) : 
- game is easier than Dirt Rally
-too much grip on gravel (no fun from driving on gravel)
- in online rallys we dont have leaderboards after every stage. Just leaderbord with whole rally times
- this same grip on dry and wet tarmac (simulation?)

And good sides : 
- Improved handling on tarmac (I like it, but car still floats)
- harder braking (easy to block front wheels)
- Superb damage model (easy to puncture or mechanical failure)
- Lot of online rallys (and coming leagues :) )
- nice weather effects
- setup changes have very big impact on car handling ( very nice)

Please Codies do something with this gravel handling. Now its now fun with driving on gravel :( and please leaderbord with every single stage times. I dont have information how much push on Hyundai Event and drive safe all stages. On finish I have couple seconds to first.... 

1.jpg

https://youtu.be/5Q-D5vaivGc
First impressions, he seems to speak reasonably. 

I have 8 years experience in Richard Burns Rally and 2 in Dirt Rally.
My opinion from 5 hours playing Dirt 4 (simulation, G27, 900 degrees with soft lock, all assist off) : 
- game is easier than Dirt Rally
-too much grip on gravel (no fun from driving on gravel)
- in online rallys we dont have leaderboards after every stage. Just leaderbord with whole rally times
- this same grip on dry and wet tarmac (simulation?)

And good sides : 
- Improved handling on tarmac (I like it, but car still floats)
- harder braking (easy to block front wheels)
- Superb damage model (easy to puncture or mechanical failure)
- Lot of online rallys (and coming leagues :) )
- nice weather effects
- setup changes have very big impact on car handling ( very nice)

Please Codies do something with this gravel handling. Now its now fun with driving on gravel :( and please leaderbord with every single stage times. I dont have information how much push on Hyundai Event and drive safe all stages. On finish I have couple seconds to first.... 

1.jpg
you do have leaderboards for all the single stages in single player

Evilsmurf said:
tbtstt said:

Just 5 more hours of work (and a rapid journey home) and I can finally get to grips with DiRT 4!

You shouldn't need to do much chasing, just look on the outside of the first bend: I'll probably be parked there.

tbtstt said:
Evilsmurf said:
tbtstt said:

You shouldn't need to do much chasing, just look on the outside of the first bend: I'll probably be park there.
Its a shame the MP isn't cross platform, I can be the Pastor Maldonado of RX when I want to be ;)

They Hyundai is awesome!                              

It can be that everybody is busy playing the actual game but there is a new DiRT show out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT7g5fqh8Ec

If you've ever wondered what Heaven looks like, try the following:

Choose a white Alpine A110 (stretch the gears a little)
Go to Spain (generate a track with the greatest downhill elevation changes)
Set your time of day to Civil Dawn and your Weather to Cloudy.

Don't even try to drive fast, just let the Alpine burble its way down the hills.
My God it's beautiful.

So I just got a reply from the store I ordered the game from, I won't get my copy untill tomorrow at best... Thank you x-kom Poland :(

@SamRWD  - dont worry. Its worse to play all this day like me and be dissapointed. DIRT 4 is a lot more arcadey than Dirt Rally. So if you want a real challenge and real fun from driving - play Dirt Rally ;) 

bogani said:
They Hyundai is awesome!                              
It's. But I somehow can't handle it comparing to Integrale. 
Started some Freeplay with it before jumping into the special event and spent half of hour on shakedowns.
Still slow. 

/e: just had a yellow butterfly near my windscreen at a start line.  next animal to the collection. 

@SamRWD  - dont worry. Its worse to play all this day like me and be dissapointed. DIRT 4 is a lot more arcadey than Dirt Rally. So if you want a real challenge and real fun from driving - play Dirt Rally ;) 
Yeah, I am following Polish sim forums, everyone is complaining about the handling, apparently grip is a huge issue after all :(

versedi said:

/e: just had a yellow butterfly near my windscreen at a start line.  next animal to the collection. 
Cooool :o Would love to see some fireflys on a twighlight stage, that would be brilliant ;)

Rygar86 said:
versedi said:

Cooool :o Would love to see some fireflys on a twighlight stage, that would be brilliant ;)

Adds it to the list for future reference

• Koalas
  • Fireflies

Sounds like my copy of dirt 4 has arrived back home!

Unfortunately we failed scruitineering on our rally, hoping to get things sorted so we can get out to the forests tomorrow!

urgaffel said:
Rygar86 said:
versedi said:

Adds it to the list for future reference
@urgaffel you're a champion  :smiley:

Ok, I am the last man to defend Codemasters, but anyone who says the game is arcade needs to drive something different than the R2s at first.The M3 at Spain is really a handful and the 208 on wet gravel needs a lot of attention to avoid off throttle spin.If thats considered arcade I don't know what a sim can look like...

I honestly feel kinda deflated but it was kinda late last night, so my initial experience may have been adversely tainted with fatigue.

I will persevere this evening when the kids go to bed

Finally sat down and got a good few hours in. Absolutely amazing, I've been caught out in corners so many times already and it's all my fault and it's great.

The feeling of the car and weight transfer is so much better than dirt rally. I'm honestly questioning how people are calling this arcade, yes the back grips a bit much but properly applied left foot braking and throttle control gets the car turning in just fine. The hand brake definitely feels like it should be getting the car more unstable but I didn't use the hand brake much and used flicks and left foot braking to get turned in on dirt rally so this fits my driving style anyway.

All that being said that's one aspect out of many and I personally feel like most other aspects are a noticeable improvement. Even if cm never changed it I would still prefer this over dirt rally and it's funny weightless cars. I honestly don't see myself playing dirt rally again outside of finishing a few leagues.

I also wanted to make a comment about the ai as some expressed concerns about their times being slow. So I've been playing on champion as I haven't unlocked fearless yet. I don't win every stage and I've actually gotten second or third in events which is actually a good thing as I generally never lost to the ai and would win masters championships by minutes at this point on dirt rally. So I'm actually ok with the ai at this point. I'm sure it could be different at different locations though as I haven't played all of them enough to get a good gauge of the ai.