DiRTy Gossip

Driving they Hyundai R5 around Dirtfish, I can't ask anything more physics wise. It'spretty much everything I could ever want. It's not understeering allover the place. It feels perfectly balanced. The core physics is absolutely awesome.

One thing I don't really care for is the insta spins if you're wheel of the road. It's like you are on slivks and touch the grass.

Yeah, the old Welsh road edges are just as treacherous but now in a different way now - lol

180 spins R Us  :D

JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:
Water is probably the water shader, not the splashes since they are actually particles.
Hmm.. the water didn't look much different to me either. Oh well, I'll just leave it on low I guess.

urgaffel said:
Adds it to the list for future reference

• Koalas
  • Fireflies
I don't understand how you did Australia without Koalas. Please tell me you got Kangaroos at least... or some crocs in some water hazards?
Sadly no :( the only special thing in Australia is

The thing I find most interesting about the dirt show is when Paul said they spent more time with the Solbergs and Cooper on WRC, which would be super cool if there was... more content. Obviously the main focus in D4 currently is in rally, so it would've been better if they spent more time with the Meeke. Rallycross and Landrush are fun and all, but with the severely limited content I sort of feel like too much time was dedicated to a minority...
And I'm still butthurt about the rather paltry Landrush...
So what's happening with DiRT 5?

urgaffel said:
JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:
Water is probably the water shader, not the splashes since they are actually particles.
Hmm.. the water didn't look much different to me either. Oh well, I'll just leave it on low I guess.

urgaffel said:

• Koalas
  • Fireflies
I don't understand how you did Australia without Koalas. Please tell me you got Kangaroos at least... or some crocs in some water hazards?
RABBITS,

My Team -> Staff                                                                

Scyy said:
SamRWD said:
versedi said:
Scyy said:

The feeling of the car and weight transfer is so much better than dirt rally. I'm honestly questioning how people are calling this arcade, yes the back grips a bit much but properly applied left foot braking and throttle control gets the car turning in just fine. The hand brake definitely feels like it should be getting the car more unstable but I didn't use the hand brake much and used flicks and left foot braking to get turned in on dirt rally so this fits my driving style anyway.

This.
You can throw a car in power slides but it requires a brake control to transfer the weight of the car to front wheels and the steering in the right moment. It's harder, just like it is IRL. You can't just steer left 20 degrees and have full power slide going. It doesn't work like that.   

I think people got used so much to RBR and DR style of handling they won't accept it easily. FYI I didn't tried any RWD or Group B yet, so I'm talking about Group A and R5 mainly. 
The think is right now you don't have to powerslilde, you can go around without loosing much grip. The problem is in real life you powerslide to go through the corner more quickly on loose surface. In Dirt you can drive it needly and tightly and that is the quickest way in the game. It is not realistic and that keeps immersion out of the game. Like I mentioned before all the reviews from sim people say the game is really amazing, Your Stage is a game changer, but EVERY SINGLE opinion mentiones how grip takes fun out of the game for them (us). 
That's the quickest way to drive in real life. Have you ever seen Loeb or Ogier drive in wrc? Generally neat and tighty has been quickest in rally since the 2000s.
Hello! How do you know if I am not talking about Group A for example? I am aware of what rallying looks like, I've been following it since I was a kid, thank you very much. I must apologise at the same time- my English is really akward at times. I tried to be civil and diplomatic when using "neat and tidy". From now on I will be more literal for a sake of clarity.  What I really meant there is that you can drive a car on gravel without loosing rear end after you enter the corner, since lateral grip is just silly. I will record a simple comparison as soon as I get a while. In the meantime I challenge you to simply watch https://youtu.be/UBKCENpz3vM this oboard, and try to observe breaking points and degree of car slide. That's all.

Now tarmac hanling is very improved but I remember that in Dirt Rally v1 handling (first version physics in early access) on tarmac was the best that I saw in Dirt games. See my first drive in Dirt Rally in monte carlo. This looking very good, car not floating and sliding in high speeds like in dirt 4 : 

And next comes Finland update and v2 handling who totally destroyed good tarmac feeling ;) Maybe we can back and improve this v1 handling and gives cars more weight ? What do you think about?

P.S. Except handling is no more big problems with Dirt 4. Game is absolutely amazing and have a big potential to be a new rally king! Codemasters - all the crew, You are done a great job! Thank you for that and I hope together we can improve this game to be the real simulation of rallying ;)

Now tarmac hanling is very improved but I remember that in Dirt Rally v1 handling (first version physics in early access) on tarmac was the best that I saw in Dirt games. See my first drive in Dirt Rally in monte carlo. This looking very good, car not floating and sliding in high speeds like in dirt 4 : 

And next comes Finland update and v2 handling who totally destroyed good tarmac feeling ;) Maybe we can back and improve this v1 handling and gives cars more weight ? What do you think about?
Please notice when you start breaking before that left harpin at around 2:08. Nowhere near realistic :(

Maybe you could move your physics discussion over to thread created by @KevM ? I think it would bring a bit of organisation to the chaos on the forums nowadays. 

Anyway, Jon Armstrong is leading the Invitational event :) I see @Porkhammer still competitive ;)

BOOM! Leading the Founder Invitational Hyundai R5 @dirtgame 4 Event! Random stage generator is such a game changer!

I will, move my thoughts to that thread, my bad ;)
When does that Hyundai event end BTW?

SamRWD said:
I will, move my thoughts to that thread, my bad ;)
When does that Hyundai event end BTW?
On Monday, IIRC 11 AM BST, don't quote me on that though, I could be wrong. It was recalled in the latest DiRT Show. 

Tunes!!!   B)                                           

Update at midnight? Codies ain't sleepin'/partyin' at release date? Whooah. 

/e: merge QA tested branch from today: https://steamdb.info/app/421020/depots/?branch=public

/e2: wtf with steam allocating space for 500MB when I have 65GB free space? :|

/e3: it seems it's the day 1 patch but with a bit more QA than expected :) can't wait to try it out tomorrow

So having played more I can say the Sweden ai is pretty slow as I tend to be winning stages by 20+ seconds.

versedi said:
urgaffel said:
JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:

urgaffel said:

• Koalas
  • Fireflies
RABBITS,
RABBITS, and budgies, and 

just tried the Peugeot 306 maxi for the first time on tarmac.my god it is wonderful.

if people think that is broken god help you.

dgeesi0 said:
just tried the Peugeot 306 maxi for the first time on tarmac.my god it is wonderful.

I preferred the Seat tbh. When the headlights work... :o

Could we remove the "Dirt 4 very disappointed" thread? It might sound a bit authoritarian but it's incredibly toxic in there. No constructive criticism at all.

dgeesi0 said:

Tarmac is great to be honest.  No issues, but you know I'm a RWD gravel man 

Anyone know what 'Rate the Stage' does?

After some major reservations when I first started playing I bought a 95 Imbreza and all was right with the world. Loving the weighty feeling of the cars. And I really don't get everyone moaning about the graphics, it's at least on par with Dirt Rally. 

And I also don't understand people saying there's a problem with the T300 on PS4. I have the rotation set to 540 and everything up to 150 and my arms are actually aching a bit after a few hours. And I lift bra. 

So yeah, initial impressions weren't good but once it clicks its awesome fun. 

i think the problem is in career you start with the R2 cars which just drive like they on rails and you dont even have to lift.so the people with no patience right its broken lets get to steam forums and the rest.

thing is once you get onto the better cars and try all the surfaces you see a good game. people forget dirt rally wasnt magic straight off the bat either.