DiRTy Gossip

KevM said:
dgeesi0 said:
just tried the Peugeot 306 maxi for the first time on tarmac.my god it is wonderful.

if people think that is broken god help you.
Tarmac is great to be honest.  No issues, but you know I'm a RWD gravel man 

Anyone know what 'Rate the Stage' does?
Hmm, my best guess is that there's some sort of rating mechanic for the stages that people can sort of vote on.

Just got a 'Taps Aff' achievement.  That's quite a Belfast-ism lol

urgaffel said:
Rygar86 said:
versedi said:

/e: just had a yellow butterfly near my windscreen at a start line.  next animal to the collection. 
Cooool :o Would love to see some fireflys on a twighlight stage, that would be brilliant ;)

Adds it to the list for future reference

• Koalas
  • Fireflies

urgaffel said:
Rygar86 said:
versedi said:

/e: just had a yellow butterfly near my windscreen at a start line.  next animal to the collection. 
Cooool :o Would love to see some fireflys on a twighlight stage, that would be brilliant ;)

• Koalas
  • Fireflies
Haha. 
@urgaffel I'd like to see a big old red kangaroo or even an emu sprint across the track like you do with the rabbits and deer.
If you feel like going crazy Australia has camels too!

KevM said:
Just got a 'Taps Aff' achievement.  That's quite a Belfast-ism lol
I got that too, what does it mean Kev!? I could just look at it, but y'know, lazy.

Check out the Dirt 4 mod thread, people......
Full credit to @YorAlcoholicDad for the greatest find of the post-launch era.
lol                                                               

edgenz said:
lol                                                               

Now where do we find it!

Pretty interesting that you can save setups for tarmac, gravel, snow and mixed.

Probably means nothing, but driving around the mixed surface area in Dirtfish, I think D4 could do a great job with a mixed gravel/tarmac rally.

Or maybe it's Monte Carlo on the horizon? ;)

Etirion said:
edgenz said:
lol                                                               

Now where do we find it!
absolutely no idea

I'm pretty sure it's a sponsor that you can sign up with when you'll have highest grade PR :) 

PS. Now I'm considering if I didn't see it somewhere in Spain city...

You can expand your garage up to 120 slots. DLC confirmed :D
Well we can have multiple of the same car in our garage. I guess part of it is so we can get all the classic liveries too.

Etirion said:
edgenz said:
lol                                                               

Now where do we find it!
That's where the fun really lies  ;)

well i definatly am having a ball with the game, and i for the most part love the handling model. it did take some getting used to though. really nice to not fly to space from hitting a pebble.  however i do miss launching  corner markers everywhere.
i have had odd little bugs. but nothing to go OMG the game is stuffed and nothing that made it unplayable.

Have to say  Great Job, Love your hard work and ill probable break my g27 playing it!

Hi guys,

Tried DiRT 4 yesterday inmediately. Feels very nice and actually my computer can handle it better than DiRT Rally :)
But I couldn't spend that much time with D4, as my girlfriend saw it to and asked to try it as well. Everything was in simulation mode and highest available challenge, except that the gears were set automatic for her. I put her first in the Dirtfish playground so she could get a feeling with the Fiesta R2. After some trying she got the hang of it. After she tried a stage and did that pretty well, except listening to the pacenotes :tongue: After I put here on a S1600 RX race. She had a bit troubles knowing the Hell track, but still was pretty well, except that she was much to aggresive with the car causing to heavy understeer/oversteer. Maybe this happened due to she was driving the R2 car first on a Michigan stage. So in the end a happy couple here after a 2 hout play with D4 :smile:

urgaffel said:
JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:
Water is probably the water shader, not the splashes since they are actually particles.
Hmm.. the water didn't look much different to me either. Oh well, I'll just leave it on low I guess.

urgaffel said:

• Koalas
  • Fireflies
I don't understand how you did Australia without Koalas. Please tell me you got Kangaroos at least... or some crocs in some water hazards?
Sadly no :( the only special thing in Australia is

Drop Bears?

Put a good few hours in last night and I'm loving the game thus far. Made the mistake of starting off with the invitational Hyundai event which was a bit of a waste, as I spent most of the stages fine tuning the controls to suit my preference. Had a crack at the daily afterwards and had my first encounter with the fog which was a panel-smashing experience!

I have only driven 4WD cars so far and to me the cars seem far more predictable than DiRT Rally. In that sense I guess you could say it's "easier", but it's brilliant to be able to really push the limits of the stage without fear of clipping a rock and being sent into low earth orbit. 

Dirtfish is everything I hoped it would be. For all the stick gymkhana has got over the years, you can't deny that it's not good fun to have a wide open space to play with the cars and tweak their settings. Despite having already seen it I'm even more impressed with Your Stage. Everything looks prettier and Spain is even better than the gameplay videos had me believe it would be. Oh, and despite a few off-stage excursions I have only killed one group of spectators, so I am glad that have learnt from DiRT Rally. ;)

Couple of hours of painting then I'm back on the PS4: I'm hoping to get the World Rallycross Championship unlocked before the end of the weekend!

Theres people on the Steam forum who are hoping to get DLC for DR and thinking it must be an easy job to convert Your Stage for DR.

:facepalm:

I'm sorry Nicky you're going to have to go. It's incredibly distracting to have Rob Brydon reading the pace notes into my ear. 

Up on the Carlisle rally, stage 2 was like playing dirt 4! Warning triangles absolutely everywhere, people flagging us down! Must have been 10-15 cars off on a 13 mile stage!

edgenz said:
lol                                                               

Aww that's cheating :) I made that so it would be a surprise, good luck finding it!

Up on the Carlisle rally, stage 2 was like playing dirt 4! Warning triangles absolutely everywhere, people flagging us down! Must have been 10-15 cars off on a 13 mile stage!
Why have you marked this post as off topic @BigSur ?

you seem a bit of a douche tbh. 

urgaffel said:
edgenz said:
lol                                                               

Aww that's cheating :) I made that so it would be a surprise, good luck finding it!
awwww man im sorry it wasn't my intention to spoil anything, i was just exited at the possibility of modding the game

Why have you marked this post as off topic @BigSur ?

you seem a bit of a douche tbh. 
It was off topic though, as much as I love RallyDriven's antics