Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

Rygar86 said:
versedi said:
I've just been informed that my car is trash and it won't survive monthly.

I guess it's time to invest in R&D. 

BTW. Codies want to sponsor me! Ha!



Haha, good one Codies :)

Im still hoping for a Sponsorship from "Coleman's Premium Beard Oil"  :D
The one we need is Gossip Pizza!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
R4MO78 said:
And here are the first cheats! I hope this time you can block them for multiplayer / online!
The game already has an excessive grip ... if we add this too ..
P.Š. Please reduce the grip
https://youtu.be/asghx4zmQCs
Oh not that f**king a$$hole again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scyy said:
So @KickUp I was curious. is there a site yet for looking at online event standings and overall leader boards? Or is that something coming down the line? I've looked around online but couldn't find anything.
Dirt4game.com will have all that info eventually 
Thanks for the quick answer, I had a feeling it would be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
Where do you find your favorited/saved stages?  I have saved a couple and I thought I could jump into freeplay and find what I saved.  Same with sharing them?  Its probably under my nose, but go ahead make me look stupid anyhow :)
You can jump into freeplay and play the stages you saved. Go in the Add Stage box and under more options you will see Load Stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just had my first go in the Pro2 trucks. Multiple encounters with the barriers, several spins and a lot of bad language... 

...think I might come back to those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
Toe-in at the front gives stability. If you want better turn in you use toe-out. The description in the tuning menu is wrong at the moment. They are aware of that :)
I haven't looked much at the descriptions, but toe-in at the front gives better turn in. The wheels point inward and when turning in more weight leans on the wheels on the outside, and with toe in the outside wheel is essentially already turning in a bit helping you trough the corner.

for instability, both too much toe-in and too much toe-out are instable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone ever play Renegade Ops?
Was a cool little isometric shooter with badass armored cars.

Anyhow, I think the Landrush spotter is the guy who v/o'ed the hero guy in Ops.
Go to 37 second mark.
https://youtu.be/GP_h4KUSdO0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
human1101 said:
i got burnt by having to hold handbrake again which is an issue due to the fact i have a handbrake and need to quickly press the button to continue and then hold the handbrake with the same hand
You can enable a countdown timer after pause in the gameplay or HUD settings I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone ever play Renegade Ops?
Was a cool little isometric shooter with badass armored cars.

Anyhow, I think the Landrush spotter is the guy who v/o'ed the hero guy in Ops.
Go to 37 second mark.
https://youtu.be/GP_h4KUSdO0
I love that game! Closest thing we've had to a HD Desert Strike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Areyouben said:
I haven't looked much at the descriptions, but toe-in at the front gives better turn in. The wheels point inward and when turning in more weight leans on the wheels on the outside, and with toe in the outside wheel is essentially already turning in a bit helping you trough the corner.
Internet (pretty much all the setup guides) says otherwise. Toe-out is supposed to give better turn-in response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
Just had my first go in the Pro2 trucks. Multiple encounters with the barriers, several spins and a lot of bad language... 

...think I might come back to those. 
Don't want to sound like a 'wheel snob', but man you need to try them on a wheel! Wrestling with your own truck plus 7 other and the bumps, it's bloody hard work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wait, is the Toe-in vs Toe-out description bug carried over from DiRT Rally? As far as i know, it never got fixed for rear suspension in DR, didn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
Areyouben said:
A very effective way against understeer is the toe alignment on the rear. If you put some toe-out on the rear, the rear tires will effectively point towards the outside which makes the rear a looooot looser under load. For example, if you turn left the weight will move to the right. A lot of weight gets on the rear right tire and as that tire is pointing outward it will push the entire rear of the car to the right, creating oversteer.

you can do the same on the front but inverted, using some more toe-in to have the tires point inward creating more bite on turn in. Too much of either toe-out/in will create some instability though, so don't go too far. Just a single click or 2 will do a lot.
Toe-in at the front gives stability. If you want better turn in you use toe-out. The description in the tuning menu is wrong at the moment. They are aware of that :)

 Oh so thats the infamous incorrect tuning description?  I though that was only in Dirt Rally.
Wasn't it just as simple as changing some text for it to be fixed for Dirt 4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rygar86 said:
bogani said:
Areyouben said:
A very effective way against understeer is the toe alignment on the rear. If you put some toe-out on the rear, the rear tires will effectively point towards the outside which makes the rear a looooot looser under load. For example, if you turn left the weight will move to the right. A lot of weight gets on the rear right tire and as that tire is pointing outward it will push the entire rear of the car to the right, creating oversteer.

you can do the same on the front but inverted, using some more toe-in to have the tires point inward creating more bite on turn in. Too much of either toe-out/in will create some instability though, so don't go too far. Just a single click or 2 will do a lot.
Toe-in at the front gives stability. If you want better turn in you use toe-out. The description in the tuning menu is wrong at the moment. They are aware of that :)

 Oh so thats the infamous incorrect tuning description?  I though that was only in Dirt Rally.
Wasn't it just as simple as changing some text for it to be fixed for Dirt 4?

Wasn't this something someone mentioned a few months with the early press footage of the tuning menu?
Also, I'm surprised that no ones asked for Larsens Biscuits or Peniston Oils for sponsors.
httpforumspelicanpartscomuploads12arsebiscuit1208881788jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
Alf72 said:

So... Where, and how, can i get car setups from other players?

@KickUp Crowd sounds are too loud / high, at start of stages. Theirs sounds are higher than Car Engine and Co-Driver ( both are all i wanna hear high and clear ). Also, crowd sounds ( all the yelling and cheering ) need to go, while we are in Service Area. It's annoying ( even more when crowd sounds are loud as hell ) having them yell at my ears, while all i want is tune, and repair my cars, peaceful. Make it similar as while we are in Branding Suite ( no crowd sounds at all, and that's perfect ). I play on PC, bonnet cam, all sound sliders maxed, but music and replays, if that helps.

Someone needs to share it with you and have you on his friends' list.

I agree the crowd is a bit too loud in the service area but it's a nice addition IMO. 



Really? So... Let's imagine that i'm one of the fastest guys ( we're just imagining ) and i don't mind to share my setups with Community... I need to add to my  friends list 10k random guys, and share setups one by one, to all 10k players? This is a big step backwards, from how it worked for DR, on Steam...

@KickUp Can you please explain how sharing setups Works? If the above is how it is, at the moment, please add Steam Workshop to DiRT 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JZStudios said:
Rygar86 said:
bogani said:
Areyouben said:
A very effective way against understeer is the toe alignment on the rear. If you put some toe-out on the rear, the rear tires will effectively point towards the outside which makes the rear a looooot looser under load. For example, if you turn left the weight will move to the right. A lot of weight gets on the rear right tire and as that tire is pointing outward it will push the entire rear of the car to the right, creating oversteer.

you can do the same on the front but inverted, using some more toe-in to have the tires point inward creating more bite on turn in. Too much of either toe-out/in will create some instability though, so don't go too far. Just a single click or 2 will do a lot.
Toe-in at the front gives stability. If you want better turn in you use toe-out. The description in the tuning menu is wrong at the moment. They are aware of that :)

 Oh so thats the infamous incorrect tuning description?  I though that was only in Dirt Rally.
Wasn't it just as simple as changing some text for it to be fixed for Dirt 4?

Wasn't this something someone mentioned a few months with the early press footage of the tuning menu?
Also, I'm surprised that no ones asked for Larsens Biscuits or Peniston Oils for sponsors.
httpforumspelicanpartscomuploads12arsebiscuit1208881788jpg
Yup that would be me. It'll be changed in a future patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Started out feeling meh about the game, but now I love it. The graphics aren't the prettiest running it at 1440p on PC, but the game play is what matters the most to me. The only nice addition to running your own would be if you could see your facilities and the upgrades to them rather than just menus, overall though I like it, it's kind of similar to the first Grid game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So I end Stage 1 in the Mini by smashing into the Finishing Bollard. Takes every panel off the front-end but it cuts to the Mini sitting under the marshals tent, so we're good. Nicky says great stage!

On to Stage 2.

Before the countdown Nicky comments that the engine sounds rough and we should expect a loss of power.
Whatever Nicky, the car weighs half as much bro.

Ok, Countdown. 5..4..3..2..1 Terminal Damage
Continue(Retire)

Wah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So I end Stage 1 in the Mini by smashing into the Finishing Bollard. Takes every panel off the front-end but it cuts to the Mini sitting under the marshals tent, so we're good. Nicky says great stage!

On to Stage 2.

Before the countdown Nicky comments that the engine sounds rough and we should expect a loss of power.
Whatever Nicky, the car weighs half as much bro.

Ok, Countdown. 5..4..3..2..1 Terminal Damage
Continue(Retire)

Wah?
Nicky b trollin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So I end Stage 1 in the Mini by smashing into the Finishing Bollard. Takes every panel off the front-end but it cuts to the Mini sitting under the marshals tent, so we're good. Nicky says great stage!

On to Stage 2.

Before the countdown Nicky comments that the engine sounds rough and we should expect a loss of power.
Whatever Nicky, the car weighs half as much bro.

Ok, Countdown. 5..4..3..2..1 Terminal Damage
Continue(Retire)

Wah?
Nice. I also like how I default with Horsey instead of Nicky, presumable because I'm American.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I can't with Ms Horsey.
I'm sure she's a lovely lass, but they way she calls the numbers reminds me of a bingo hall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I can't with Ms Horsey.
I'm sure she's a lovely lass, but they way she calls the numbers reminds me of a bingo hall.
I've tried both but sometimes she uses a sentence like "something HANDBRAKE" and I can't for the Love of God figure out what she means.

Is that some kind of American note? I suppose it could also be something with a BANK. But I'm too low with my English to understand her ATM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Man sometimes the AI is way too strong, Alvarez is just unbeatable. I think that sometimes they are just too fast and it doesn't make sense....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Its Nicky Grist, no question for me.Can we somehow fix him saying "Top Job.Thats unbeatable." after every stage when this statement is not true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×