DiRTy Gossip

Hughesy said:
Started out feeling meh about the game, but now I love it. The graphics aren't the prettiest running it at 1440p on PC, but the game play is what matters the most to me. The only nice addition to running your own would be if you could see your facilities and the upgrades to them rather than just menus, overall though I like it, it's kind of similar to the first Grid game.
I second this. I am really enjoying the owning and managing a private team and garage bit, but I really would love it if it was a physical location to walk around in and just stare at my pretty cars, with an expanding garage and facilities.

Building your garage is such a key part of the game progression in both DR and D4, I think it is only a natural progression to flesh it out a little more.

This would be a big task to add in D4 I presume, but I would be really like to see it in future Dirt games.

It took me til now to realize you can generate only hill stages, without the forests in Wales, if you scroll through enough

I saved a couple of really nice, fast- flowing and undulating tracks. 
Especially when you set them to cloudy sunset, I have one where the entire last half has you driving into that big bright sun.

Felt more French than Welsh. I should find and save 12 stages like that and call it my "Rally France Championship".

Your Stage is so great. Can't say it enough.

I hope it's ok to ask here as I didn't want to create a thread just for this. A friend on my fl sent me a stage on wales to try so I went to free play to try it , but how do you load it. I went into load event and it doesn't show up, is this a bug or am I missing something?

So... since a lot of people are complaining about how terrible D4 looks compared to DR but they won't take comparison screenshots I decided to do so.
I seriously can not for the life of me understand why they think Dr looks better, or why they think D4 looks terrible.
This is THE worst thing I've seen on D4. I'm assuming I spawned too close to the map edge. Also, I now know with certainty that the distant terrain in DR is in fact part of the sky map.

On the other hand, you can get a sense of the scale of the "map" with this picture of the far mountains, where they look a lot less crap.

Edit* Also, it seems the dust does stick around longer than DR. I.e. it floats through the air and slowly fades where DR just sort of disappears after a while. The dust above on the left side is about 20 seconds old.
I couldn't get a good picture of it though, the heli cam seems oddly restricted to be horizontal to the road, so I can't get any good long dust trails. That was my favorite in Greece, seeing the dust trail winding through the hairpins going up the hill.

It took me til now to realize you can generate only hill stages, without the forests in Wales, if you scroll through enough

Especially when you set them to cloudy sunset, I have one where the entire last half has you driving into that big bright sun.

Felt more French than Welsh. I should find and save 12 stages like that and call it my "Rally France Championship".

Wow, that sounds awesome! :smiley: Can I friend you on Steam so I can try them out? 

Rygar86 said:

Wow, that sounds awesome! :smiley: Can I friend you on Steam so I can try them out? 
I don't have Steam unfortunately. I'm a DiRTy console peasant.

Rygar86 said:

:D Thats okay, I wont hold it against you! Besides, Im pretty sure we can still share 'Your Stage' creations across platforms :) @KickUp is there a way for us to share @WhiteWagon 's stage between console and PC, or have I got this wrong?

Rygar86 said:
Rygar86 said:

Thats okay, I wont hold it against you! :D Besides, Im pretty sure we can still share 'Your Stage' creations across platforms :) @KickUp is there a way for us to share @WhiteWagon 's stage between console and PC, or have I got this wrong?

Nope :P You can't add PS/X friend on Steam

versedi said:
Rygar86 said:
Rygar86 said:

Thats okay, I wont hold it against you! :D Besides, Im pretty sure we can still share 'Your Stage' creations across platforms :) @KickUp is there a way for us to share @WhiteWagon 's stage between console and PC, or have I got this wrong?

Nope :P You can't add PS/X friend on Steam

No, I mean via the Dirt website or through the game somehow? Im pretty sure I heard that car setups can be shared between platforms too.

spothedog said:
I hope it's ok to ask here as I didn't want to create a thread just for this. A friend on my fl sent me a stage on wales to try so I went to free play to try it , but how do you load it. I went into load event and it doesn't show up, is this a bug or am I missing something?
So assuming you've had a mail saying you've been sent it you can find it in the recieved tab when you select load Stage. 

You need to have selected the same country as the stage you have been sent before it becomes visible in your list. 

tbtstt said:
Just had my first go in the Pro2 trucks. Multiple encounters with the barriers, several spins and a lot of bad language... 

...think I might come back to those. 
Don't want to sound like a 'wheel snob', but man you need to try them on a wheel! Wrestling with your own truck plus 7 other and the bumps, it's bloody hard work!
That's such a wheel snob thing to say. :smiley:

After getting through the first track in the Championship (think it was one of the Baja layouts?) I found them a bit easier. The faster, flowing circuits aren't too bad (as long as someone doesn't hit you at speed!), but getting the trucks out of the slower corners is a real handful. 

Finished the Pro2 Championship yesterday, so onto the Pro4 tonight!

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Just had my first go in the Pro2 trucks. Multiple encounters with the barriers, several spins and a lot of bad language... 

...think I might come back to those. 
Don't want to sound like a 'wheel snob', but man you need to try them on a wheel! Wrestling with your own truck plus 7 other and the bumps, it's bloody hard work!
That's such a wheel snob thing to say. :smiley:

After getting through the first track in the Championship (think it was one of the Baja layouts?) I found them a bit easier. The faster, flowing circuits aren't too bad (as long as someone doesn't hit you at speed!), but getting the trucks out of the slower corners is a real handful. 

Finished the Pro2 Championship yesterday, so onto the Pro4 tonight!
Friday night is was like, 'lets try one landrush race, see how it is compared to dirt 2' , next thing I know it's 5 in the morning as I see the sun is rising through the window next to me. Played landrush all saturday and finished the career part of it sunday.
This was without restarts, took a lot of retries else it wouldn't have taken that long, since there are just 4 championships.

KickUp said:
spothedog said:
So assuming you've had a mail saying you've been sent it you can find it in the recieved tab when you select load Stage. 

You need to have selected the same country as the stage you have been sent before it becomes visible in your list. 
Yes that's correct, it's a stage in Wales and when I go to free play, select Wales then load stage the only 2 tabs showing are career and the my saved stages. Which it doesn't show up under either one of those tabs. 

I also don't see how you share them. I got to be missing something cause he was able to send it. 

The i20 livery from the special rally is out. It's good but it's really bugging me that the numberplate is on the wrong door. Not to mention it's flipped the wrong way.

The i20 livery from the special rally is out. It's good but it's really bugging me that the numberplate is on the wrong door. Not to mention it's flipped the wrong way.

Is it Tier based?

I gotta say I was very posivitely suprised how the Sound Track fits into the general feeling and how nicely it builds a hype/emotions before a rally.
There's maybe one song which's getting on my nerves, generally THPS2 quality level.

versedi said:
I gotta say I was very posivitely suprised how the Sound Track fits into the general feeling and how nicely it builds a hype/emotions before a rally.
Yeah, I thought it wouldn't be able to get close to DiRT 2 sound track, but I think it already is to me. So many great songs. Only thing I dislike is the sound in service area etc. I think it's to distorted, and sometimes unpleasant to my ears. I don't know if this is correct english, but it sounds ' harsh'. This was done better in the DiRT 2 service park.

I've been listening to my DiRT 4 spotify playlist all day at work.

Yes, I like the distortion though it's too loud, when I'm on headphones I need to take them off.
Not such problem when on Amplifier and Audio TV Preset.

P.S. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRfwPS25YNgGCtBHQan1RSbclRBc4ZJ9S

@KickUp I have unlocked fearless mode, which adds the Brutal AI difficulty. But I would like to drive with custom difficulty settings (I basically use the fearless settings, with automatic gears) but whenever is select fearless, and change to autogear the AI gets dumbed down. Which makes career mode way to easy. Can this please be changed? 

Edit: Even when changing from Manual Sequential to Manual H-Pattern, it doesn't count as 'Fearless' anymore, and the AI is dumbed down...
So driving with a H-pattern gearbox isn't possible either.
@KickUp Yeah I have to second this (I made a thread about it before I saw it had already been mentioned here), and hope it's a bug rather than by design because it would be seriously disappointing if this couldn't be changed.

I'm fine with the Fearless preset being an "ultimate" difficulty where everything is turned off and can't be changed, all I want really is to be able to select 'Brutal' AI at lower, custom difficulty settings.

spothedog said:
KickUp said:
spothedog said:

Yes that's correct, it's a stage in Wales and when I go to free play, select Wales then load stage the only 2 tabs showing are career and the my saved stages. Which it doesn't show up under either one of those tabs. 

I also don't see how you share them. I got to be missing something cause he was able to send it. 
So I should have a received tab along with my career and saved stages, I also assume that when I hit X for options on a saved stage/championship there should be and option to share. I don't have either one of those. I'll take a few pictures tonight and clear my cache and try it again. If that don't work I try and reinstall it and if that don't work I'll repost it in the Found Bug forum, Thank you for your reply and help.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something... Where/How do you rename your saved stages locally? That was said to be possible wasn't it?

Have you done/tried a run in Michigan with heavy rain? That is some intense stuff, very fast, not much room for error and virtually no visibility at all. Awesome!

Anybody else sometimes got disappearing rain-droplets/effects on windscreen ? game restart fixes it again though.

SkyRex said:
I'm not sure if I'm missing something... Where/How do you rename your saved stages locally? That was said to be possible wasn't it?

Have you done/tried a run in Michigan with heavy rain? That is some intense stuff, very fast, not much room for error and virtually no visibility at all. Awesome!

Anybody else sometimes got disappearing rain-droplets/effects on windscreen ? game restart fixes it again though.
When you X (on xbox) it gives you the option rename it when its highlighted after you save it. I don't have the share option all I have is delete and rename.

Did anyone had a problem with an AI having a 50 sec lead in champion difficulty( Alvarez)? In the worldwide standing im currently 10th with 5 sec under the fastest. Maybe there is a problem...