DiRTy Gossip

gfRally said:
Well this is interesting?

Facebook page now points to wikipedia

regards to SLRE:

This is their idea of realistic comparison then handling will be botched for sure.  Looked at a dev diary again and saw this.

There is NO comparison at all like showing a pic of an elephant and a dog and saying look how close we are!   ?
I'm sure it's difficult to make a straight bit of snow road with 5 trees and snowbanks look similar to a photo... 
In the video I noticed that the water puddles look as if they are mapped, not 'physical'. You can see them when looking at an angle, but they disappear when you're over them. Then again the SLRE game is months away so no point examining in detail  

But the Wiki link on the DiRT game Facebook page is worth examining! For me the FB page doesn't load any content. When would one relegate DiRT 3 to the depths of the Internet? When the next one becomes more important? :D 

I'm sure it's difficult to make a straight bit of snow road with 5 trees and snowbanks look similar to a photo... 
In the video I noticed that the water puddles look as if they are mapped, not 'physical'. You can see them when looking at an angle, but they disappear when you're over them. Then again the SLRE game is months away so no point examining in detail  

But the Wiki link on the DiRT game Facebook page is worth examining! For me the FB page doesn't load any content. When would one relegate DiRT 3 to the depths of the Internet? When the next one becomes more important? :D 
Oh I understand all of that, but to show a comparison and say look how good we are doing, well when the two are so much different, why show the too.  Thats all I mean.

I believe this Friday is the 128th day of the year. I wonder...

tbtstt said:
Next week Friday May 8th would be the 128th day of the year. If something appears then it would be ideal as I'm back from a holiday :P 

I still think something is brewing for today... Why else would @justbiglee  mess with DiRT Facebook page?  Oh I can think of one reason... 

TO TROLL US! :P :D 

tbtstt said:
Next week Friday May 8th would be the 128th day of the year. If something appears then it would be ideal as I'm back from a holiday :P 

I still think something is brewing for today... Why else would @justbiglee  mess with DiRT Facebook page?  Oh I can think of one reason... 

TO TROLL US! :P :D 
I am still holding out and saying jamesMAY 8th 

soundfx tweeted 
https://twitter.com/sound_fx/status/592475240590106624d

And Darren tweeted
https://twitter.com/hatward/status/592598563949060096

Probably something internal happening

I gather that @Hatward is a bit of a jokester (like me) and maybe taking up slack for @justbiglee today if he is busy with this "something"

I can't even find the Facebook page, and the feed on the cosies website is blank with no link

edit: not gossip, but I just went on Facebook and saw kris meeke's win as a trending news story, which can only mean good things for the sport!

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/592673273953017856

Yeee haaaa! 

http://youtu.be/G5XzkhnP5P8

Sorry, I know this is extremely petty but can real stage names be used for real stages only? Sweet Lamb is not like the real one and it's one of the issues I have had with the WRC games.  -IGNORE ME SELECTED WRONG STAGE LOL-

Loving some of the achievement names and icons, lots of tributes to what got the game made, particularly DiRTy Love!

TDDB said:
Sorry, I know this is extremely petty but can real stage names be used for real stages only? Sweet Lamb is not like the real one and it's one of the issues I have had with the WRC games. 
Er yes it is like the real one in this game!

Ignore mejust realised I selected the wrong stage... Embarrassed doesnt cut it...

TDDB said:
Ignore mejust realised I selected the wrong stage... Embarrassed doesnt cut it...
No worries. Martini stripes gives you a free pass.  ;)

So... 

Were we right about anything, ever? :D 

Perhaps today marks the end of this thread guys... Hopefully, from now Codies will communicate with us openly as we give our feedback and wishes on how DiRT Rally can be improved. 

I loved coming up with the crazy speculation and at times even enjoyed the master level trollage served by @justbiglee .  It's been pretty much a year since this Gossip thread was started and I'm so happy with the game the DiRTy devs have given us. 

I was one of the lucky guys to have seen it get better and meet this passionate team. 

Thanks to everyone hunting for scraps of DiRTy Gossip and for endulging in this game of hints and teases. 

If Lee gets a chance during this mad time, maybe he could show you a little gift we sent them as they were finishing the game for first release. 

We knew what they've created would be loved by the core fans and trust me, it was Very difficult to keep my mouth shut! 

Cheers fellow DiRTy Gossipers! 

As disappointed as I am with not being able to play this game, since I do not own a PC good enough to play anything above Kerbal Space Program. I really cannot shake the feeling that this is not the game we have been told to expect from the DiRT team.

There has been so much talk about the number 4, Rallycross, possible other diciplines, online ladders and so on. Remember the tweets from the team a while ago when FIA and the guys where talking about somebody should make a game abot RX. Not to mention the people visiting the HQ and leaking the bits of info afterwards. 

Anybody else out there who share this feeling or is it just me?  

Nice to see all the positive reactions out here in the rally world! :D
Good work @kickup @justbiglee and all the guys at codemasters!

I just bought the game specially for the eary acces and created a steam account
Feel free to add me at steam guys, my account name is: Martijn_vanHoek
Looking forward to compete against u guys! :D

dotmartin said:
As disappointed as I am with not being able to play this game, since I do not own a PC good enough to play anything above Kerbal Space Program. I really cannot shake the feeling that this is not the game we have been told to expect from the DiRT team.

There has been so much talk about the number 4, Rallycross, possible other diciplines, online ladders and so on. Remember the tweets from the team a while ago when FIA and the guys where talking about somebody should make a game abot RX. Not to mention the people visiting the HQ and leaking the bits of info afterwards. 

Anybody else out there who share this feeling or is it just me?  
Check out dirtgame.com ;)

World rallycross is in :smiley: 

we’ll be climbing Pikes Peak and going door-to-door around a selection of the best circuits from the 2015 FIA World Rallycross Championship. We’ll also be adding features based on your feedback so be sure to let us know what you’d like to see included in future updates
Praying Lydden makes it I.